With the newest version already out, I am happy to present you the latest accessibility improvements of our RadFileExplorer control from the ASP.NET AJAX suite. Now, you don't need the mouse to delete a folder or open a file!
Simply focus the FileExplorer, navigate to the grid or treeview using the [Shift+]Tab key, select the desired folder with the Arrow keys and press Delete. A popup dialog asks you to confirm the deletion. Hit Enter to delete, or Esc to cancel.
This was just an example of a common scenario, that could be carried out using the keyboard only. We have ensured that any use case of the FileExplorer could be accomplished with the keyboard, by providing some predefined shortcuts and leaving open the option to specify custom ones. This is the list of the default shortcuts:
The shortcuts are controlled through the RadFileExplorer.KeyboardShortcuts property:
- Enter - open selected file or folder in the TreeView or Grid. Select folder in TreeView.
- Esc - close opened Popup Window
- Delete - delete selected file, folder in the Grid or TreeView.
- (Context) Menu Key - open/close the Context Menu of the TreeView or the Grid, near the selected file or folder.
- "Arrow Keys" - used to navigate through the items in the TreeView, Grid and the Context Menu. These shortcuts cannot be modified.
Visit our online demos web-site to get a closer look of the new RadFileExplorer's features.