KendoReact Data Grid (Table) Overview
The KendoReact Data Grid (Table) provides 100+ ready-to-use features covering everything from paging, sorting, filtering, editing, and grouping to row and column virtualization, export to PDF and Excel and accessibility.
The KendoReact Grid is built on React from the ground up, with zero dependencies, by a company with 19+ years of experience in making enterprise-ready Grids. This results in a React data grid that delivers lightning fast performance and is highly customizable.
This demo implements some of the features that are available in the Grid.
- You can split the data records in pages.
- Filtering is enabled.
- Data items can be grouped, and their sort order changed.
- The Grid displays details about the data records in each of its rows.
- The locked column functionality is enabled.
- The columns can be reordered by dragging and dropping each column header.
- The globalization feature is also demonstrated: you can change the en-US and the es-ES languages and cultures by using the Language drop-down list.
- To export the Grid data items in Excel or PDF, click the respective Export to Excel or Export to PDF button.
Among the many features, which the KendoReact Data Grid delivers are:
- Paging—You also have the option to add a pager for easier navigation.
- Sorting—Apart from the sorting and unsorting options of multiple columns, you can also pre-sort the data records of the Grid.
- Filtering—Including additional cell customization options.
- Grouping—Out of the box, you can apply dynamic grouping to the data Grid records, set grouping by aggregate values, and, in the same way as with the sorting functionality, pre-group the data.
- Editing—Depending on your users' requirements, you can opt for the inline or the in-cell edit modes, provide editing from an external form or Redux Form, and also further customize the Grid.
- Row selection—You can additionally configure it by enabling or disabling the checkbox and row selection options.
- Export to PDF and Excel—When implementing the Grid export to PDF, you can set the fonts, the exact portion and layout of the exported content, also customize the columns and other specifics of the output result. When exporting to Excel, you can export specific data and customize the exported columns.
- Custom renderer—Based on a value, you can also use conditional formatting (highlight a data table cell).
- Locked columns—When your Grid has to display large amounts of data, the frozen columns feature enables you to lock any of the Grid columns by just setting the
- Virtualization—The Grid supports virtualization of both column and row data. This feature boosts the performance of the component when displaying large data tables as it dynamically renders only a portion of the rows and the columns.
- Column reordering—Reordering can be enabled for any column and is seamlessly integrated with the available Grid features, including locked columns.
- Column resizing—Resizing takes place real-time but can also be controlled from the outside.
- Detail templates—The detail rows of the Grid provide additional details about a particular row of table data through expanding or collapsing its content.
- Globalization—By using the available globalization options in KendoReact, you can translate the Grid messages by adapting them to specific culture locales.
- KendoReact Data Grid and all KendoReact components are natively written with TypeScript and provide all the benefits of TypeScript, such as typings, IntelliSense and many others.
- You can learn all about the KendoReact Data Grid feature set in this guided video tour by KendoReact Product Manager Carl Bergenhem.
Starting from version 4.0.0, using any of the UI components in the KendoReact library requires either a commercial license key or an active trial license key. Follow the instructions on the KendoReact My License page to activate your license.
For any issues you might encounter while working with the KendoReact Grid, use any of the available support channels:
- KendoReact license holders and active trialists can take advantage of our outstanding customer support delivered by the developers building the library. To submit a support ticket, use the KendoReact dedicated support system.
- KendoReact forums are part of the free support you can get from the community and from the KendoReact team on all kinds of general issues.
- KendoReact feedback portal and KendoReact roadmap provide information on the features in discussion and also the planned ones for release.
- KendoReact uses GitHub Issues as its bug tracker and you can submit any related reports there. Also, check out the closed list.
- You may still need a tailor-made solution for your project. In such cases, go straight to Telerik Services.
In this video tutorial, you will see how to implement the KendoReact Grid and how to work the following grid features: Theming and styling, Paging and Filtering.