Telerik Forums
UI for WinForms Forum
1 answer
114 views
Is there a way to wrap the GridView1.TableElement.Text contents?
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Aug 2012
1 answer
88 views
Hello folks,

I have a Winforms app that is compiled in .NET 4.0 deployed using click once fine before upgrade. Post upgrade to 2012.2.726.40 winforms controls I now get an error that the client needs to have 2012.2.726.20 installed in the GAC. The only reference that i can find that is using this .20 version is Quickstart.dll. I have set all Telerik Dlls as include under application files as well as Quickstart. 

If removed other controls complain and cause numerous compile time errors.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated. 
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Aug 2012
1 answer
102 views
Hello!

In my GridView, I'm alternating the background-color from transparent to some color for "columns-blocks". This is working.

Now, when I select a row, I want the whole row be higlighted in the typical orange color. After selecting another color, the "columns-blocks" should alternate again for the disselected row.

To better understand what I mean, a attached a screenshot.

Kind regards

Michael
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Aug 2012
3 answers
156 views
Just trialing the RadRibbonBar and noticed you can add buttons to the bottom of the start menu (which end up in the StartMenuBottomStrip collection property) via the designer but when the form is run the buttons do not appear. What is supposed to happen when you use the StartMenuBottomStrip property?

Thanks
Sean
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 01 Aug 2012
4 answers
252 views
Hi guys,
sorry if this has been asked before but so far i couldn't find such topic for C#. so again asking the experts to help me.
so i'm using VC# 2010 SP1, RAD Q2 2012.

so i have the following datatable and dataset. code below

DataSet SelPreDS = new DataSet();
    DataTable SelPreDT;
 
SelPreDT = SelPreDS.Tables.Add();
 
    SelPreDT.Columns.Add("ID", typeof(Int32));
    SelPreDT.Columns.Add("Code", typeof(string));
    DataColumn dc = new DataColumn("ParentCode", typeof(string));
    dc.AllowDBNull = true;
    SelPreDT.Columns.Add(dc);
    SelPreDT.Columns.Add("Name", typeof(string));
    SelPreDT.Columns.Add("Type", typeof(string));
      SelPreDT.Columns.Add("isCheck", typeof(Boolean));
     SelPreDT.Columns.Add("Price", typeof(Int32)); 

and i add values to the datatable like this

DataRow dr = SelPreDT.NewRow();
 
                dr[0] = id;
                dr[1] = code;
                dr[2] = ParentNoteID;
                dr[3] = Name;
                dr[4] = "Process";
      dr[5] = true;
dr[6] = 6.66;
                SelPreDT.Rows.Add(dr);


so my datatable is something like below when values are added.

0 | IT01 |          | name1 |  Process0  | true  | 5.55
1 | IT02 | IT01  | name2 | Process0   | True | 2.66
2 | IT03 | IT02 |  name3 | Process0 | True  | 6.46

so my question is now how can  i use the datatable above  to populate the radTreeview and then
when user edit the price value in radtreeview it should get updated in the datatable as well as
 the checkbox state.

Could you please include an example. 

thank you for your help.

suren.




Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 01 Aug 2012
2 answers
156 views
Hello,

Any chance y'all could expose the event dispatchers? By that I mean, specifically, ones like OnEditorRequired, OnEditorInitialized.

Reason being, we're extending from PropertyGrid in order to customize it into our application framework, and one of those customizable parts is having custom editors available. That'll give us flexibility what sort of hooks we want to incorporate.

The events themselves will work for now, but that starts to get somewhat decentralized from the control in an application workspace that is already dysfunctional as it is (ours not yours).

Thank you...

Best regards...
Ivan Petrov
Telerik team
 answered on 01 Aug 2012
8 answers
344 views
Dear friend!
        I had created a common table in (SQL SERVER 2005) for storing input appointment from webform radscheduler.
        I want to retrieve the stored appointment and placed it into the winform radscheduler.

        But i can't able to place the appointment, because of the recurrence rule. The recurrence rule in radscheduler is differs in winform and webform. How can I set or convert the webform recurrence rule into winform recurrence rule.
    It is possible!
    Please help me. I hope that you will help...


By
P. Arul Kumar
Daniel
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 31 Jul 2012
3 answers
230 views
I'm using a MaskEditBox with a Numeric MaskType and Mask = c
I have some event that I'm handling when people type in the control.
I'm having an issue when the user scroll is mouse in the control, the value is changed and I don't want that to happen.
Is there a way to block the Mouse scroll in the control? I don't want the value to change when the user scroll the mouse in the control.
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 31 Jul 2012
1 answer
310 views
Hi

I have ListView in "detailsView" Mode with two columns.

Now I want to add Entries to this list.
Dim lvItem1 As New ListViewDataItem()
lvItem1.Item(0) = "CL1"
lvItem1.Item(1) = "1000"
lvItem1.Tag = New clsFoundationPlane("CL1", 1000)
Me.lvHorValues.Items.Add(lvItem1)
 
Dim lvItem2 As New ListViewDataItem()
lvItem2.Item(0) = "CL2"
lvItem2.Item(1) = "2000"
lvItem2.Tag = New clsFoundationPlane("CL2", 2000)
Me.lvHorValues.Items.Add(lvItem2)

Now I have two lines in my ListView but with no text in it. What have I done wrong?

Second question:
How can I reorder my entries. I have two buttons with "Up" and "Down". So that the selected item can be moved in the list upd and down.

Thanks Flo
Ivan Todorov
Telerik team
 answered on 31 Jul 2012
6 answers
302 views
Hi,

I can understand if major changes have to be made to a module because of poor or faulty structural prior constructs.

All developers develop... (we all know of times where we didn't know... and made decisions...)

My frustration with the new version of the ChartView module is that I can't find the appropriate documentation - and I can't find examples. I have spend hours reviewing, checking, comparing and getting frustrated. For me, this has been a time consuming update. I believe the new charting module will have many possible advantages for the future but I have to get rolling in the here and now. 

Could you give me links of examples. I might be missing some simple issues. But they are missing for me. I have a simple example: 
BarSeries barSeries = new BarSeries("Anzahl", "mySelection");
barSeries.ValueMember = "Anzahl";
barSeries.CategoryMember = "mySelection";
radChartView1.Series.Add(barSeries);
radChartView1.DataSource = dt;


Why shouldn't that work? I get the grid, the values on the x and y axes but not the data (the bars) displayed in the area.

However, it works if I do a Lineseries. However, lines are not appropriate in this application.

Waiting for your feedback,

Karl








Julian Benkov
Telerik team
 answered on 31 Jul 2012
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
GridView
General Discussions
Scheduler and Reminder
Treeview
Dock
RibbonBar
Themes and Visual Style Builder
ChartView
Calendar, DateTimePicker, TimePicker and Clock
DropDownList
Buttons, RadioButton, CheckBox, etc
ListView
ComboBox and ListBox (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
Form
Chart (obsolete as of Q1 2013)
PageView
MultiColumn ComboBox
TextBox
RichTextEditor
PropertyGrid
Menu
RichTextBox (obsolete as of Q3 2014 SP1)
Panelbar (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
PivotGrid and PivotFieldList
Tabstrip (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
MaskedEditBox
PdfViewer and PdfViewerNavigator
CommandBar
ListControl
Carousel
GanttView
Diagram, DiagramRibbonBar, DiagramToolBox
Panorama
New Product Suggestions
VirtualGrid
Toolstrip (obsolete as of Q3 2010)
Label
AutoCompleteBox
Spreadsheet
ContextMenu
Panel
Visual Studio Extensions
TitleBar
SplitContainer
Documentation
Map
DesktopAlert
CheckedDropDownList
ProgressBar
MessageBox
TrackBar
Rotator
SpinEditor
CheckedListBox
StatusStrip
Wizard
CollapsiblePanel
LayoutControl
ShapedForm
SyntaxEditor
TextBoxControl
Conversational UI, Chat
DateTimePicker
TabbedForm
CAB Enabling Kit
WaitingBar
GroupBox
DataEntry
ScrollablePanel
ScrollBar
ImageEditor
Tools - VSB, Control Spy, Shape Editor
BrowseEditor
DataFilter
FileDialogs
ColorDialog
Gauges (RadialGauge, LinearGauge, BulletGraph)
ApplicationMenu
RangeSelector
CardView
WebCam
NavigationView
BindingNavigator
RibbonForm
Styling
Barcode
PopupEditor
TaskBoard
Callout
ColorBox
PictureBox
FilterView
Accessibility
VirtualKeyboard
DataLayout
Licensing
ToastNotificationManager
ValidationProvider
CalculatorDropDown
Localization
TimePicker
BreadCrumb
ButtonTextBox
FontDropDownList
BarcodeView
Overlay
Security
LocalizationProvider
Dictionary
TreeMap
StepProgressBar
SplashScreen
Flyout
Separator
SparkLine
ToolbarForm
NotifyIcon
DateOnlyPicker
AI Coding Assistant
Rating
TimeSpanPicker
Calculator
OfficeNavigationBar
TaskbarButton
HeatMap
SlideView
PipsPager
AIPrompt
TaskDialog
TimeOnlyPicker
SpeechToTextButton
SmartPasteButton
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?