Telerik Forums
UI for WinForms Forum
1 answer
82 views
Hi
I am using telerik contorls in winform application. We have designed application on windows 7(English).
When the application installed on the machine having the OS windows 7 (chinese) controls not appearing properly.
We tried many options like made the autosize property false from primitives and that time controls appear properly and when again the solution moved to windows 7 english and again to the chinese window 7 problem ramains same.
Both the os has the same resolution settings.
Please suggest.
Jack
Telerik team
 answered on 30 Jul 2012
5 answers
623 views
Hi,

I have a bound GridViewCheckBoxColumn in my RadGridView. It is bound to an object that properly implements INotifyPropertyChanged etc.

My checkbox column updates the state of the object by "turning it on" such that when it's turned on, another field has it's value set.

However, the binding on the checkbox column only updates on Validation (i.e. leave cell, or row, or grid). I want it to occur sooner on PropertyChanged of the CheckBox.IsChecked property. In a regular winforms databinding scenario this would simply involve setting the DataSourceUpdateMode on the binding to OnPropertyChanged (default is OnValidation).

How can we get at the column/cell binding? Or is there already a property that I'm missing that wraps this functionality up?

Cheers,
Andrew.
Jack
Telerik team
 answered on 30 Jul 2012
1 answer
86 views

I use UrlRewritingNet for Rewriter my website, but RadEditor not working.  If not use UrlRewritingNet.UrlRewriter.dll (delete line config rewriter in web.config) then RadEditor run ok.
I found this url

http://www.telerik.com/support/kb/aspnet-ajax/editor/error-web-config-registration-missing-the-telerik-dialogs-require-a-httphandler-registration-in-the-web-config-file.aspx

but I didn't understand how do I apply it

Please help me, how to use  RadEditor with UrlRewritingNet.UrlRewriter.dll.

Thank you very much.

Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 30 Jul 2012
2 answers
234 views
I have a scheduler control displayed in timeline view, with resources and days.
If a resource (Consultant) is not available for a given day, we want to highlight this by setting the background colour of the intersection of his resource row and the date.

In the example image, no one is available on the 9th of September, and most arent available of the 8th either. However, Geoff Swindell is available on the 8th, but not on the 4th.

Because the CellFormatting event occurs as is drawn and before we have the data, we're having trouble colouring these rows.

Is it possible to format the cells AFTER we have this data?

Events and appointments will be overlaid on top of these dates, even if they're marked as unavailable.

Thank,
Karl
Ivan Todorov
Telerik team
 answered on 30 Jul 2012
5 answers
249 views
I use scheduler to show appointments. The scheduler is not mapped directly to some db table, so I have to handle persistence by myself. For adding and editing appointment I use CollectionChanged event of Appointments and it seems to work, however when the appointment is moved by dragging, the CollectionChanged  event is fired with Action NotifyCollectionChangedAction.Batch and I don't know what appointment was changed. Can anybody give me a hint how to handle this situation?

Thank you
Ivan Todorov
Telerik team
 answered on 30 Jul 2012
4 answers
686 views
I'm using a RadMenu and I have added two Separators.  How can I give them some type of visual appearance?  The separators added a small amount of additional space beween menu items but does not give any type of visual.  Do I need to add an image? What I would like to have is something close to "|" display.

Ivan Todorov
Telerik team
 answered on 30 Jul 2012
3 answers
153 views
Hi,



Can you tell me whether doughnut charts are available right now for metro applications in windows 8. If Yes, Please share me any demo of Doughnut charts.



Thanks in advance
Veli
Telerik team
 answered on 30 Jul 2012
1 answer
211 views
I am using the VisualListItemFormatting event to achieve an alternating item background color effect like so:

Private _rowIndex As Integer = 0
    Private Sub cmb_VisualListItemFormatting(sender As Object, args As VisualItemFormattingEventArgs) Handles cmb.VisualListItemFormatting
        If _rowIndex Mod 2 = 0 Then
            args.VisualItem.SetValue(LightVisualElement.BackColorProperty, Color.FromArgb(224, 226, 255))
            args.VisualItem.SetValue(LightVisualElement.GradientStyleProperty, GradientStyles.Solid)
        End If
 
        _rowIndex = _rowIndex + 1
    End Sub

However, this appears to affect the mouse over background color. Here's the default mouseover on a row not impacted by the formatting above (note the entire background is highlighted):
http://screencast.com/t/AmWsEe7sYvwc

And here's the mouseover on a row impacted by the formatting (note that the background is not highlighted - only a border appears):
http://screencast.com/t/HD2AfEEs

How can I make these consistent? Preferably all of the items would have the entire background color changed. OR, is there a better way to achieve alternating item colors that would not cause this issue?
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 30 Jul 2012
1 answer
266 views
In my grid, I want to limit the available filter conditions as they don't apply. I am doing so in the ContextMenuOpening event:

Private Sub WorkLogGridView_ContextMenuOpening(sender As Object, e As ContextMenuOpeningEventArgs) Handles WorkLogGridView.ContextMenuOpening
            If e.ContextMenuProvider IsNot Nothing Then
                e.ContextMenu.Items.Remove(e.ContextMenu.Items.Single(Function(item) item.Text = "Contains"))
                e.ContextMenu.Items.Remove(e.ContextMenu.Items.Single(Function(item) item.Text = "Does not contain"))
                e.ContextMenu.Items.Remove(e.ContextMenu.Items.Single(Function(item) item.Text = "Starts with"))
                e.ContextMenu.Items.Remove(e.ContextMenu.Items.Single(Function(item) item.Text = "Ends with"))
                e.ContextMenu.Items.Remove(e.ContextMenu.Items.Single(Function(item) item.Text = "Is null"))
                e.ContextMenu.Items.Remove(e.ContextMenu.Items.Single(Function(item) item.Text = "Is not null"))
                e.ContextMenu.Items.Remove(e.ContextMenu.Items.Single(Function(item) item.Text = "Custom"))
              End If
        End Sub

This works correctly. However, note that I am removing the first default item "Contains". Even though it is removed, it is the default condition selected:
http://screencast.com/t/vFv78ZoLE

This shows that the items have been removed correctly:
http://screencast.com/t/tcotptFmN4aK

Ideally I would like either No filter or Equals selected by default instead of Contains.

In addition, I'd like this functionality to be different for different columns. I'm trying to find how to determine which column is applicable in the code above, but am not able to find the needed info. I've also tried to subscribe to the CurrentColumnChanged, ColumnIndexChanged, and ColumnIndexChanging event to stored the selected column but it appears those events do not fire when I click on the filter button. 
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 30 Jul 2012
8 answers
374 views
Hi Telerik,

I'm trying to use RadDock in Your Demos and i have a problem:
When I add alot of documents ( such as 20 docs), the main screen only show 10 documents and i must click to OverlowDropdownButton on the right to know all document opened.

I wants to ask:
1. How to show Next and Previous Button beside OverflowDropdownButton
2. How to know that having other documents opened but not display in main screen (without click on OverflowDropdownButton)
3. How can i change Tabbed Style of Document Manager (ex: VS 2010, VS 2008, Office 2007, Office 2003,...)

My screen captured in attack file.

Thanks in advance!
Nguyen
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 30 Jul 2012
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
GridView
General Discussions
Scheduler and Reminder
Treeview
Dock
RibbonBar
Themes and Visual Style Builder
ChartView
Calendar, DateTimePicker, TimePicker and Clock
DropDownList
Buttons, RadioButton, CheckBox, etc
ListView
ComboBox and ListBox (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
Form
Chart (obsolete as of Q1 2013)
PageView
MultiColumn ComboBox
TextBox
RichTextEditor
PropertyGrid
Menu
RichTextBox (obsolete as of Q3 2014 SP1)
Panelbar (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
PivotGrid and PivotFieldList
Tabstrip (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
MaskedEditBox
PdfViewer and PdfViewerNavigator
CommandBar
ListControl
Carousel
GanttView
Diagram, DiagramRibbonBar, DiagramToolBox
Panorama
New Product Suggestions
VirtualGrid
Toolstrip (obsolete as of Q3 2010)
Label
AutoCompleteBox
Spreadsheet
ContextMenu
Panel
Visual Studio Extensions
TitleBar
SplitContainer
Documentation
Map
DesktopAlert
CheckedDropDownList
ProgressBar
MessageBox
TrackBar
Rotator
SpinEditor
CheckedListBox
StatusStrip
Wizard
CollapsiblePanel
LayoutControl
ShapedForm
SyntaxEditor
TextBoxControl
Conversational UI, Chat
DateTimePicker
TabbedForm
CAB Enabling Kit
WaitingBar
GroupBox
DataEntry
ScrollablePanel
ScrollBar
ImageEditor
Tools - VSB, Control Spy, Shape Editor
BrowseEditor
DataFilter
FileDialogs
ColorDialog
Gauges (RadialGauge, LinearGauge, BulletGraph)
ApplicationMenu
RangeSelector
CardView
WebCam
NavigationView
BindingNavigator
RibbonForm
Styling
Barcode
PopupEditor
TaskBoard
Callout
ColorBox
PictureBox
FilterView
Accessibility
VirtualKeyboard
DataLayout
Licensing
ToastNotificationManager
ValidationProvider
CalculatorDropDown
Localization
TimePicker
BreadCrumb
ButtonTextBox
FontDropDownList
BarcodeView
Overlay
Security
LocalizationProvider
Dictionary
TreeMap
StepProgressBar
SplashScreen
Flyout
Separator
SparkLine
ToolbarForm
NotifyIcon
DateOnlyPicker
AI Coding Assistant
Rating
TimeSpanPicker
Calculator
OfficeNavigationBar
TaskbarButton
HeatMap
SlideView
PipsPager
AIPrompt
TaskDialog
TimeOnlyPicker
SpeechToTextButton
SmartPasteButton
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?