Telerik Forums
UI for WinForms Forum
1 answer
232 views

please let me know ,if there is any possibility to change grid color programmatically without using theme. i need to change header color and row color 
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 31 Jul 2012
2 answers
350 views
Hi there.  I have a radgridview inside a radpanel (radpanel has autoscroll=true).  Whenever the radgridview expands & is scrolled down upon -  the back part of the panel contains horizontal lines, if I click near them they disappear.  Does anyone know what is causing this?

Thanks!



 
jean michel
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 31 Jul 2012
4 answers
228 views
Hi all,

I've just upgraded my telerik winform components libraries to version 2012.2.608.20 and encountered some issues related to telerik theme. There are 2 issues that emerged:
  1. I have a project that uses splash screen (I use telerik form and other telerik controls inside the splash screen). I used to use ThemeResolutionService.ApplicationThemeName property on my Form.Load handler to set theme for entire application and it worked fine. But now it always  throws InvalidOperationException that says "Cross-thread operation not valid: Control 'SplashScreen1' accessed from a thread other than the thread it was created on.". I also try not to use telerik controls on my splash screen but it works fine. It looks like the theme engine tries to change the theme of the telerik controls inside the splash screen. 
  2. In designer environment I used to be able to change the controls' ThemeName property to for instance "TelerikMetro" as long as I have "TelerikMetro" theme component placed inside my main form. But now the property doesn't show "TelerikMetro" option even if I have placed "TelerikMetro" theme component inside my main form.

Is there any solution to handle this issues? 

Thanks
Nikolay
Telerik team
 answered on 31 Jul 2012
1 answer
126 views
Hi

Since updating to the latest build (2012.2.608.20) the TREEVIEW does not accept the theme for Office2007Black.

I found the problem because I use "ThemeResolutionService" to globally set the application theme and it causes problems on the TREEVIEW when I use Office2007Black.

Any work arounds ?

Paul.
Nikolay
Telerik team
 answered on 31 Jul 2012
1 answer
80 views
Is it possible to dim all other elements when thewre not in focus ie the element at the front will be bright and the others dim?

Regards
Kevin
Boryana
Telerik team
 answered on 31 Jul 2012
6 answers
290 views
Hi,

I am just getting to terms with the carousal and its working great. There is just a couple of things I am trying to get right. Maybe you can help me.

I have created some test code which adds the image list at runtime just looking at a directory. Code is displayed below. The code works fine but all the items are the same size. What I need is the selected item to be a larger size so they stand out from the rest. Also if its not too much work I want the rest of the items in the background to be slightly dimmed out just to emphasize on this.

PLEASE HELP...

Thanks



private void CreateCarouselItems()
        {


            //pictureBox2.Image = Image.FromFile("D:\\IMAGES\\1.jpg");

            int[] myInterger = new int[1];
            for (int i = 1; i < 100; i++)
            {
                RadButtonElement carouselItem = new RadButtonElement();
                carouselItem.ImageAlignment = ContentAlignment.MiddleCenter;
                carouselItem.TextAlignment = ContentAlignment.MiddleCenter;
                carouselItem.TextImageRelation = TextImageRelation.ImageAboveText;
                carouselItem.ShowBorder = true;
                carouselItem.Text = "Peter Pan";
                carouselItem.ForeColor = Color.WhiteSmoke;
                carouselItem.TextRenderingHint = System.Drawing.Text.TextRenderingHint.ClearTypeGridFit;

                carouselItem.BackColor = Color.YellowGreen;


                Bitmap b;
                b = (Bitmap)Image.FromFile("D:\\IMAGES\\" + i.ToString() + ".jpg");
                carouselItem.Image = ResizeBitmap(b, 90, 60);


                this.radCarousel1.Items.Add(carouselItem);
            }


        }
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 31 Jul 2012
5 answers
388 views
Hi,
 I have been attempting to create a custom editor for the property grid to edit connection strings. I based my custom editor on your kb article http://www.telerik.com/help/winforms/propertygrid-editors-using-custom-editor.html . The editor successfully shows the connection builder dialog and when looking at breakpoints within the BeginEdit method the EditorElement.Text value is updated. This never seems to make it back to the property grid item and therefore not back to the app.settings file used to hold the connection string. The TextChanged event never seems to fire either.

The settings are just plain strings as the ConnectionString type cannot be user scoped. The settings are updated correctly using the standard PropertyGrid editors.

I have created a test project to show where I have got to here is a link as I cannot post a zip file here, Test Project Link

Many Thanks

Chris
Ivan Petrov
Telerik team
 answered on 31 Jul 2012
5 answers
150 views
Hi! Is there any way to simulate the ShowDropDown method of radDropDownList in the DropDownListEditor in the grid? thanks.
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 31 Jul 2012
1 answer
129 views
Hi all. i have a problem with telerik line chart.I must create 3 line and add items every 100 miliseconds.All fine , but when i resize form.chart crashed.
Nikolay
Telerik team
 answered on 31 Jul 2012
5 answers
325 views
Hello,

is there a way to group properties (from a PropertyStore) in a custom defined order? How to do this?

Sample data:

Property 1: Name = Category; Category = System
Property 2: Name = Property1; Category = Properties
Property 3: Name = Property2; Category = Properties

The question is how to order the groups to System, Properties and properties in group alphabetical or by own order? Actually the PropertyGrid supports alphabetical group and property sorting, so the group order is Properties, System.

Regards from Leipzig

Holger Boskugel
Ivan Petrov
Telerik team
 answered on 30 Jul 2012
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
GridView
General Discussions
Scheduler and Reminder
Treeview
Dock
RibbonBar
Themes and Visual Style Builder
ChartView
Calendar, DateTimePicker, TimePicker and Clock
DropDownList
Buttons, RadioButton, CheckBox, etc
ListView
ComboBox and ListBox (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
Form
Chart (obsolete as of Q1 2013)
PageView
MultiColumn ComboBox
TextBox
RichTextEditor
PropertyGrid
Menu
RichTextBox (obsolete as of Q3 2014 SP1)
Panelbar (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
PivotGrid and PivotFieldList
Tabstrip (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
MaskedEditBox
PdfViewer and PdfViewerNavigator
CommandBar
ListControl
Carousel
GanttView
Diagram, DiagramRibbonBar, DiagramToolBox
Panorama
New Product Suggestions
VirtualGrid
Toolstrip (obsolete as of Q3 2010)
Label
AutoCompleteBox
Spreadsheet
ContextMenu
Panel
Visual Studio Extensions
TitleBar
SplitContainer
Documentation
Map
DesktopAlert
CheckedDropDownList
ProgressBar
MessageBox
TrackBar
Rotator
SpinEditor
CheckedListBox
StatusStrip
Wizard
CollapsiblePanel
LayoutControl
ShapedForm
SyntaxEditor
TextBoxControl
Conversational UI, Chat
DateTimePicker
TabbedForm
CAB Enabling Kit
WaitingBar
GroupBox
DataEntry
ScrollablePanel
ScrollBar
ImageEditor
Tools - VSB, Control Spy, Shape Editor
BrowseEditor
DataFilter
FileDialogs
ColorDialog
Gauges (RadialGauge, LinearGauge, BulletGraph)
ApplicationMenu
RangeSelector
CardView
WebCam
NavigationView
BindingNavigator
RibbonForm
Styling
Barcode
PopupEditor
TaskBoard
Callout
ColorBox
PictureBox
FilterView
Accessibility
VirtualKeyboard
DataLayout
Licensing
ToastNotificationManager
ValidationProvider
CalculatorDropDown
Localization
TimePicker
BreadCrumb
ButtonTextBox
FontDropDownList
BarcodeView
Overlay
Security
LocalizationProvider
Dictionary
TreeMap
StepProgressBar
SplashScreen
Flyout
Separator
SparkLine
ToolbarForm
NotifyIcon
DateOnlyPicker
AI Coding Assistant
Rating
TimeSpanPicker
Calculator
OfficeNavigationBar
TaskbarButton
HeatMap
SlideView
PipsPager
AIPrompt
TaskDialog
TimeOnlyPicker
SpeechToTextButton
SmartPasteButton
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?