Telerik Forums
UI for WinForms Forum
3 answers
189 views
Hi, Telerik Team .
My issue is i want to call my method do something when i click one row in EditorControl of MulticolumnComboBox, but i can't use SelectedIndexChange because if Index not change then event does't catch.
I try override method OnMouseUp of MultiColumnComboGridBehavior but this event also catch if i click the scrollBar in EditorControl. You can help me ! anyway, one event that On click one row in editor and dose not run when i click ScrollBar .
Thanks for answers
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 06 Aug 2012
1 answer
1.4K+ views
Hello
I'm using the code below to change the background color for a column in my grid.

With this I expected, after populating my grid with data (it is databoud to a datatable), that column "MyColumnName" will show all his cells backgroud in yellow color.

What I get is that I see the cells with the default background color (I'm using Office 2010 Black theme for the entire application), and I only see this column in yellow if I move the mouse over one row (when it highlights) in the column "MyColumnName" in this row alone. All the rest keep the default color.

Is there something I'm missing or doing wrong? I'm using Q2 2012.

Thank you in advance.
Private Sub MyGrid_CellFormatting(sender As Object, e As Telerik.WinControls.UI.CellFormattingEventArgs) Handles MyGrid.CellFormatting
 
    If e.CellElement.ColumnInfo.Name = "MyColumnName" Then
        e.CellElement.BackColor = Color.Yellow
    Else
        e.CellElement.ResetValue(VisualElement.BackColorProperty, ValueResetFlags.Local)
    End If
 
End Sub



Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 06 Aug 2012
3 answers
566 views
Hi there,

Just a comment really, when using a rad datetime picker, it might be useful to be able to catch some event based on the date that a user has selected.  

The problem is that with the select/unselect behaviour of the calendar in the datepicker, there is an inbetween event "valuechanged" fired, with the date at that point being "1 January 1980", or datemin, so you can't really attach anything directly to that event without fudging it... 

Now I understand the select/unselect of a calendar is why this behaviour exists, but realistically, when using a datepicker control, WHY would anyone want that inbetween date? Surely we're only ever interested in the date that the user has selected? This feels to me like seeing unecessarily the mechanics of the control?

Would it not be possible to segregate the events into a "real" ValueChanged event which would only fire once the 
transaction (if you like) of changing to mindate and then to the actual date clicked on had completed and then relegate the current ValueChanged to something more accurate like "CalendarSelectionChanged"? 

I think that a datepicker control should allow me to capture what the user has actually selected without having to filter out spurious events.

Incidentally, how DOES one filter out that spurious event when the date selected happens to be the minimum date? Does your control fire valuechanged twice, both times with the same (mindate) value in the Value property?

Kind regards,
Mike
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 06 Aug 2012
1 answer
211 views
Hello, I'm trying to make date and time both editable in a GridViewDateTimeColumn. I declare a column with this code:

column = new GridViewDateTimeColumn(def.Name);
string dataFormatString = (def.CustomString == null ? "yyyy-MM-dd hh:mm:ss" : def.CustomString);
((GridViewDateTimeColumn)column).EditorType = GridViewDateTimeEditorType.TimePicker;
((GridViewDateTimeColumn)column).FormatString = dataFormatString;
((GridViewDateTimeColumn)column).CustomFormat = dataFormatString;

I tried DateTimePicker and TimePicker alike.

In DateTimePicker the time is always 12:00. If I want to edit the field with keyboard only (no additional window) I only see the date in the editbox, the time vanishes on edit mode. In TimePicker I can edit date in edit mode.

My questions are:
1) How to make time editable in DateTimePicker?
2) Is there a WinForms control that allows editing date and time in additional window mode?

Thank you in advance for your answers.
Best wishes,
Mariusz
Julian Benkov
Telerik team
 answered on 03 Aug 2012
3 answers
327 views
Hi,

I notice you have changed the font to Segoe. My user Base is still mainly Windows XP. Is there a safe fallback built in in the Theming Mechanism?
What's the best way to configure MS Sans Serif as the Font throughout if the App is not on Vista/Windows 7, Even if Segoe UI is installed with Office 2007?

Regards
Erwin
Boryana
Telerik team
 answered on 03 Aug 2012
0 answers
140 views
Hi,

We are using the Telerik Winforms Q3 2009 SP1. In that, We have the following issue in the Gridview control.

Eventhough, we have set the WrapText & AutoFitRows properties, the text present in the cells are not wrapped at only some times.

Please let us know the fix for this.

Attached is the screenshot for that.

As we are in production, we would appreciate your immediate response.

Thanks.


Nallan Krishnan
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 03 Aug 2012
2 answers
230 views

Hello,

I have three splitpanel and when the auto scroll is enabled some lines appear in the splitpanel.

Following attached the picture.

Thank you for all.

jean michel
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 02 Aug 2012
1 answer
205 views
exist some control to make a slide menu bar?
like these:

http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex1/slideinlink.htm
whit mouse click and/pr whit keyboard

http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex1/slideinmenudrag.htm
Slide-In Menu Bar III (Manually controlled)

http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex1/omnislide/index.htm

i want for winform.
if not exist, how can i combine a menu whit image icon and radRotator ?

Thank
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Aug 2012
6 answers
406 views
Hello,

I have a number of tabs within a radpageview control in tabstrip mode, and I would like to allow the user to close them by pressing the middle mouse button (like a regular web browser).

This is what I've done so far:

//add event handler
newPage.Item.MouseDown += new MouseEventHandler(radButtonItem_MouseDown);

and the function:

private void radButtonItem_MouseDown(object sender, MouseEventArgs e)
 {
     //button was clicked by the mouse
     if (e.Button == MouseButtons.Middle)
     {
         MessageBox.Show("Middle button"); 
  
         rpvApplication.Pages.Remove(((RadPageViewStripItem)sender).Page); // crashes!
         //rpvApplication.Pages.RemoveAt(3); // crashes!
     }
 }

I've tried calling the Pages.Remove function using the sender object as well as by the tab's index, but the result is always the same:
"nullreference exception" right after the page is removed.

Is there another way I can execute the 'close tab' functionality (just like clicking the 'x' button), without getting a null reference exception?

Thanks in advance!
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Aug 2012
1 answer
191 views
I have code in the CellValidating event that sets ErrorText to display errors.

If the user then clicks the Save button, i'd like to display a message saying "Gotta fix those errors first".

Is there a way to ask the grid if it has any errors? Or do I need to loop through every cell and check its errortext?

Thanks!
Julian Benkov
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Aug 2012
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
GridView
General Discussions
Scheduler and Reminder
Treeview
Dock
RibbonBar
Themes and Visual Style Builder
ChartView
Calendar, DateTimePicker, TimePicker and Clock
DropDownList
Buttons, RadioButton, CheckBox, etc
ListView
ComboBox and ListBox (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
Form
Chart (obsolete as of Q1 2013)
PageView
MultiColumn ComboBox
TextBox
RichTextEditor
PropertyGrid
Menu
RichTextBox (obsolete as of Q3 2014 SP1)
Panelbar (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
PivotGrid and PivotFieldList
Tabstrip (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
MaskedEditBox
PdfViewer and PdfViewerNavigator
CommandBar
ListControl
Carousel
GanttView
Diagram, DiagramRibbonBar, DiagramToolBox
Panorama
New Product Suggestions
VirtualGrid
Toolstrip (obsolete as of Q3 2010)
Label
AutoCompleteBox
Spreadsheet
ContextMenu
Panel
Visual Studio Extensions
TitleBar
SplitContainer
Documentation
Map
DesktopAlert
CheckedDropDownList
ProgressBar
MessageBox
TrackBar
Rotator
SpinEditor
CheckedListBox
StatusStrip
Wizard
CollapsiblePanel
LayoutControl
ShapedForm
SyntaxEditor
TextBoxControl
Conversational UI, Chat
DateTimePicker
TabbedForm
CAB Enabling Kit
WaitingBar
GroupBox
DataEntry
ScrollablePanel
ScrollBar
ImageEditor
Tools - VSB, Control Spy, Shape Editor
BrowseEditor
DataFilter
FileDialogs
ColorDialog
Gauges (RadialGauge, LinearGauge, BulletGraph)
ApplicationMenu
RangeSelector
CardView
WebCam
NavigationView
BindingNavigator
RibbonForm
Styling
Barcode
PopupEditor
TaskBoard
Callout
ColorBox
PictureBox
FilterView
Accessibility
VirtualKeyboard
DataLayout
Licensing
ToastNotificationManager
ValidationProvider
CalculatorDropDown
Localization
TimePicker
BreadCrumb
ButtonTextBox
FontDropDownList
BarcodeView
Overlay
Security
LocalizationProvider
Dictionary
TreeMap
StepProgressBar
SplashScreen
Flyout
Separator
SparkLine
ToolbarForm
NotifyIcon
DateOnlyPicker
AI Coding Assistant
Rating
TimeSpanPicker
Calculator
OfficeNavigationBar
TaskbarButton
HeatMap
SlideView
PipsPager
AIPrompt
TaskDialog
TimeOnlyPicker
SpeechToTextButton
SmartPasteButton
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?