Telerik Forums
UI for WinForms Forum
1 answer
105 views
Hi,

I have a question.

Is it possible to insert a new row anywhere?

What if i want to insert new rows in the middle of the RadGridView?

In this attached file, editing row feature is always on top.

How can I handle with this?

Please help :D

Regards,
Eric
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 06 May 2013
1 answer
161 views
Hi,

if LoadFromXml fails, I am loading it from the defaultsetting.xml created during design time or copied from the file saved by raddock.
SaveToXml() method itself.

The problem I am having is that toolwindow does not behave correctly. I can't close it or float around etc. 

Code snippet:

 if (File.Exists(DockStatePath)) 
 {    
try { radDock.LoadFromXml(DockStatePath);        
}     
catch (XmlException)    
{ 
radDock.LoadFromXml("defaulsetting.xml");
} 
}

Thx in advance
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 06 May 2013
2 answers
180 views
Hi,

I'm using a Gridview which I filter programmatically based on input from another control, this works well.
But is it possible to prevent the user from doing their own filtering on the same grid, I still want to show the column headers just want to remove the filter icon and or functionality.

Cheers
Shaun
Shaun
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 05 May 2013
1 answer
232 views
We're having an issue with the RadButton (2013Q1) whereby the text wrapping is failing when an image is included in the button.

It appears that the word wrap boundaries are calculated as if the image wasn't there, which is causing words to be cut off at certain button widths.  The right border also appears to be getting overwritten.

To reproduce, create a RadButton on a form with the below settings.  The image is any 32x32 image.  Note that the word wrap shows "The Quick Bro" / "Fox" instead of "The Quick" / "Brown Fox".  (Image attached.)

Does anybody know of any workarounds or fixes for this?  Right now we're probably just going to remove the images entirely, since we can't restrict the text length for the buttons.
this.radButton1.Font = new System.Drawing.Font("Segoe UI", 11F, System.Drawing.FontStyle.Regular, System.Drawing.GraphicsUnit.Point, ((byte)(0)));
this.radButton1.Image = global::TestPopup.Properties.Resources.Image32x32;
this.radButton1.Location = new System.Drawing.Point(13, 13);
this.radButton1.Size = new System.Drawing.Size(131, 44);
this.radButton1.Text = "The Quick Brown Fox";
this.radButton1.TextAlignment = System.Drawing.ContentAlignment.MiddleLeft;
this.radButton1.TextImageRelation = System.Windows.Forms.TextImageRelation.ImageBeforeText;
this.radButton1.TextWrap = true;

Thanks,
Dave
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 03 May 2013
3 answers
235 views
I'm trying to center, both vertically and horizontally, a RadLabelElement within a RadRotator.  Does anyone know how this can be done?  Below is my initial try.

RadLabelElement label = new RadLabelElement();
label.Text = slide.Text;
label.AutoSize = true;
label.AutoSizeMode = RadAutoSizeMode.FitToAvailableSize;
label.Alignment = ContentAlignment.MiddleCenter;
label.StringAlignment = StringAlignment.Center;

radRotator1.Items.Add(label);

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you!
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 03 May 2013
1 answer
153 views
My MDI Parent is a RadRibbonForm.  I want to set the text from the text in the active MDI Child form.  If the text is "Program Security", my parent form text shows "Program Security - [Program Security]".  What do I need to do to remove that redundancy?

Thank you,
Gary
Nikolay
Telerik team
 answered on 03 May 2013
4 answers
927 views
Is there have some global option can change the all font, just need set one time( except 

AutoScaleMod = Font
)
or override default theme(I don't know how)
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 03 May 2013
2 answers
171 views
I've read through the examples and forums and can't find an answer.  In the code below you can see that a new row is added to the spreadsheet showing the "Exported" time and date.  It is also formatted.  That works fine.

What I want to do is pass a string into the sub that can be used in the AddCustomExcelRow to describe the contents of the grid that is being exported.  Assume I have a grid showing "Top Investments".  I would like to pass that string into the sub below and use it as a new row.  I would want to pass a descriptive string from any grid I choose.  Any ideas?


Public Sub exporter_ExcelTableCreated(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As Telerik.WinControls.UI.Export.ExcelML.ExcelTableCreatedEventArgs)
 
    Dim subHeader As String = "Exported " & Now().ToString
    Dim style1 As ExcelML.SingleStyleElement = (CType(sender, ExportToExcelML)).AddCustomExcelRow(e.ExcelTableElement, 0, subHeader)
    style.FontStyle.Bold = True
    style.FontStyle.Size = 11
    style1.FontStyle.Color = Color.RoyalBlue
Brendan
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 02 May 2013
2 answers
191 views
Hello,

I've got a chart working with several line series (see 4a).

I'd like to see how to incorporate different type of line series, perhaps bar chart, more of a "threshold" chart correlating X and Y axes (see 4b).

Is something like this possible using Telerik RadChartView?

*Edit*: not sure the terminology here. I believe it's known as a "range bar". In our case we want to illustrate thresholds, that sort of thing.

Regards,

Michael Powell
Julian Benkov
Telerik team
 answered on 02 May 2013
1 answer
253 views
Hello,

we have a problem with the Telerik ListView Drag & Drop function.

There are two ListViews that are enabled for drag and drop. If we drag an item from the first to the second list, the application crashes.
Also, I created a new, empty solution and only added two list views (drag & drop is allowed by properties). There, we have the same problem.

- Object reference error
   bei Telerik.WinControls.UI.ListViewDragDropService.UpdateDragHintLocation(Point mousePosition)
   bei Telerik.WinControls.UI.ListViewDragDropService.HandleMouseMove(Point mousePos)
   bei Telerik.WinControls.RadDragDropService.Telerik.WinControls.IMessageListener.PreviewMessage(Message& msg)
   bei Telerik.WinControls.RadMessageFilter.NotifyGetMessageEvent(Message& msg)
   bei Telerik.WinControls.RadMessageFilter.GetMessageHookProc(Int32 code, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam)

Thanks for your help!
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 02 May 2013
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
GridView
General Discussions
Scheduler and Reminder
Treeview
Dock
RibbonBar
Themes and Visual Style Builder
ChartView
Calendar, DateTimePicker, TimePicker and Clock
DropDownList
Buttons, RadioButton, CheckBox, etc
ListView
ComboBox and ListBox (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
Form
Chart (obsolete as of Q1 2013)
PageView
MultiColumn ComboBox
TextBox
RichTextEditor
PropertyGrid
Menu
RichTextBox (obsolete as of Q3 2014 SP1)
Panelbar (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
PivotGrid and PivotFieldList
Tabstrip (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
MaskedEditBox
PdfViewer and PdfViewerNavigator
CommandBar
ListControl
Carousel
GanttView
Diagram, DiagramRibbonBar, DiagramToolBox
Panorama
New Product Suggestions
VirtualGrid
Toolstrip (obsolete as of Q3 2010)
Label
AutoCompleteBox
Spreadsheet
ContextMenu
Panel
Visual Studio Extensions
TitleBar
SplitContainer
Documentation
Map
DesktopAlert
CheckedDropDownList
ProgressBar
MessageBox
TrackBar
Rotator
SpinEditor
CheckedListBox
StatusStrip
Wizard
CollapsiblePanel
LayoutControl
ShapedForm
SyntaxEditor
TextBoxControl
Conversational UI, Chat
DateTimePicker
TabbedForm
CAB Enabling Kit
WaitingBar
GroupBox
DataEntry
ScrollablePanel
ScrollBar
ImageEditor
Tools - VSB, Control Spy, Shape Editor
BrowseEditor
DataFilter
FileDialogs
ColorDialog
Gauges (RadialGauge, LinearGauge, BulletGraph)
ApplicationMenu
RangeSelector
CardView
WebCam
NavigationView
BindingNavigator
RibbonForm
Styling
Barcode
PopupEditor
TaskBoard
Callout
ColorBox
PictureBox
FilterView
Accessibility
VirtualKeyboard
DataLayout
Licensing
ToastNotificationManager
ValidationProvider
CalculatorDropDown
Localization
TimePicker
BreadCrumb
ButtonTextBox
FontDropDownList
BarcodeView
Overlay
Security
LocalizationProvider
Dictionary
TreeMap
StepProgressBar
SplashScreen
Flyout
Separator
SparkLine
ToolbarForm
NotifyIcon
DateOnlyPicker
AI Coding Assistant
Rating
TimeSpanPicker
Calculator
OfficeNavigationBar
TaskbarButton
HeatMap
SlideView
PipsPager
AIPrompt
TaskDialog
TimeOnlyPicker
SpeechToTextButton
SmartPasteButton
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?