Telerik Forums
UI for WinForms Forum
2 answers
213 views
In my app a use can load a text file in a radTextbox (logs, etc.)  I want to print/preview the contents but get this error;

    "Unable to cast object of type 'Telerik.WinControls.UI.RadTextBox' to type 'Telerik.WinControls.UI.IPrintable'."

I presume the RadPrintDocument cannot handle this type of control.  Is there anyway to do this or any other rad control I could use to load the contents of a text file that would work with the RadPrintDocument/print preview feature
Ivan Petrov
Telerik team
 answered on 10 May 2013
2 answers
153 views
Hi guys!

I have RadListControl with Countries list, that contains images(countryflags) and Custom country name as HTML text, to understand what I mean, check the attached screenshot please!

So what I want to do is:

When I press key I want radlistcontrol to scroll to necessary country

Example: when I press key "G" I want to scroll to "Germany" and so on...

Is it possible to do this??

Thanks very much for the answer!
Magix
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 10 May 2013
3 answers
222 views
Hi Guys

I have a RadGridView with only one editable column
The editable column is a GridViewDecimalColumn.  I have set the FormatString property to be "{0:P}" and it successfully appears as a Percentage.  However when I set the DataEditFormatString to be"{0:P}", it does not appear as a Percentage when editing.

How is the DataEditFormatString meant to work as I cannot find much information about what it is meant to do or how to use it?

Thanks

Bran
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 09 May 2013
5 answers
787 views
Sirs:
I'm working on a complicated WinForms application where I'd like to provide some sort of tool tips to the users as to what some of the fields do. Can you suggest an approach?

I've just purchased the Rad Suite, and I'm excited about the possibilities but I don't see any WinForm tool tip functionality.

I was thinking about putting a small 'help' icon on the form next to a control (text box, drop down, etc) and letting them click on that to get a popup tip, like a message box (but not as obtrusive?)
Nino
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 09 May 2013
2 answers
145 views
Hi, I have a hierarchy radgrid which have 2 levels,  I bind the data with "<asp:Label ID="lblDescription" runat="server" Text='<%# Bind("DESCRIPTION") %>' />" in my level 2 first column. And I want to DirectCast the label text to another word. How to I get the value of lblDescription? Thanks
Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 09 May 2013
1 answer
267 views
Hello,

How to show thumbnail pages documents?


Alex Martins
<brazil>

Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 09 May 2013
1 answer
235 views
Nevermind, I removed the application files, then removed the references, then add the references back again. That fixed it. I'm not sure why, but, it worked.  Later - Art

I recently downloaded your latest upgrade and after re-entering all the references into my app, I get the following error when I try to open a form with a Telerik grid in it.
An error occurred creating the form. See Exception.InnerException for details.  The error is: Could not load file or assembly 'Telerik.WinControls.GridView, Version=2013.1.220.20, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=5bb2a467cbec794e' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Got any ideas?

Later
Art
Emanuel Varga
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 08 May 2013
4 answers
257 views
I am attempting to make a masked edit box that accepts an integer.  Simply specifying MaskType of numeric accomplishes this.  I do not want commas displayed as seperators though.  Specifying a Mask of "g" for general accomplishes this.  However, when one enters digits into the masked edit box, and then tries to backspace the digits are replaced with zeroes, and delete does not work at all.

So if I type "12345" I see "12345" in the text box.  But if the "5" was a typo and I try to use backspace I get "12340", and if I try to use delete it does nothing at all.  

ShareDocs
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 08 May 2013
6 answers
174 views
Hello, 

I need to open RadMulticolumnCombobox in upwards direction. I am using Telerik for WinForm.

Otherwise, he would wish that while one types to filter this do not open up (AutoFilter = true)

Any idea?

Paul
Telerik team
 answered on 08 May 2013
2 answers
100 views
Hello,

I am learning how to wire up a new row with my backing data source list. In and of itself, straightforward enough, the objects constituting the backing list need to have a parameterless constructor. Simple enough.

Now for the twist. I have an architecture in the view that wires up some bbv EventBroker events, which ordinarily (ideally, preferred) wire up through a Ninject Dependency Injection Kernel OnActivation, I register some pub/sub events to route communication between objects behind the scenes.

So... Is it possible for me to wire up the RadGridView object-factory (object-provider? -context?) in such a way that I can factory-create the object(s) backing the row(s) being created?

Thank you once again for the rich UX API, and thank you...

Regards,

Michael Powell
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 08 May 2013
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
GridView
General Discussions
Scheduler and Reminder
Treeview
Dock
RibbonBar
Themes and Visual Style Builder
ChartView
Calendar, DateTimePicker, TimePicker and Clock
DropDownList
Buttons, RadioButton, CheckBox, etc
ListView
ComboBox and ListBox (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
Form
Chart (obsolete as of Q1 2013)
PageView
MultiColumn ComboBox
TextBox
RichTextEditor
PropertyGrid
Menu
RichTextBox (obsolete as of Q3 2014 SP1)
Panelbar (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
PivotGrid and PivotFieldList
Tabstrip (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
MaskedEditBox
PdfViewer and PdfViewerNavigator
CommandBar
ListControl
Carousel
GanttView
Diagram, DiagramRibbonBar, DiagramToolBox
Panorama
New Product Suggestions
VirtualGrid
Toolstrip (obsolete as of Q3 2010)
Label
AutoCompleteBox
Spreadsheet
ContextMenu
Panel
Visual Studio Extensions
TitleBar
SplitContainer
Documentation
Map
DesktopAlert
CheckedDropDownList
ProgressBar
MessageBox
TrackBar
Rotator
SpinEditor
CheckedListBox
StatusStrip
Wizard
CollapsiblePanel
LayoutControl
ShapedForm
SyntaxEditor
TextBoxControl
Conversational UI, Chat
DateTimePicker
TabbedForm
CAB Enabling Kit
WaitingBar
GroupBox
DataEntry
ScrollablePanel
ScrollBar
ImageEditor
Tools - VSB, Control Spy, Shape Editor
BrowseEditor
DataFilter
FileDialogs
ColorDialog
Gauges (RadialGauge, LinearGauge, BulletGraph)
ApplicationMenu
RangeSelector
CardView
WebCam
NavigationView
BindingNavigator
RibbonForm
Styling
Barcode
PopupEditor
TaskBoard
Callout
ColorBox
PictureBox
FilterView
Accessibility
VirtualKeyboard
DataLayout
Licensing
ToastNotificationManager
ValidationProvider
CalculatorDropDown
Localization
TimePicker
BreadCrumb
ButtonTextBox
FontDropDownList
BarcodeView
Overlay
Security
LocalizationProvider
Dictionary
TreeMap
StepProgressBar
SplashScreen
Flyout
Separator
SparkLine
ToolbarForm
NotifyIcon
DateOnlyPicker
AI Coding Assistant
Rating
TimeSpanPicker
Calculator
OfficeNavigationBar
TaskbarButton
HeatMap
SlideView
PipsPager
AIPrompt
TaskDialog
TimeOnlyPicker
SpeechToTextButton
SmartPasteButton
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?