Telerik Forums
UI for WinForms Forum
36 answers
1.3K+ views
I'm using Q2 2009 SP1 (2009.2.9.729) release of Telerik. And have form with date time picker. When I try to select a date,it pops up with  January 1990. I want to change that user should see current mounth and year. Otherwise user has to go till the 1987 to select his birthday. I've searched on google and in this forum but unfortunately didnt find the solution.
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 14 May 2013
1 answer
246 views

I'm trying to bind a single row to a Telerik RadGridView in WinForms.  Since this list only ever contains one item, it seems inefficient to bind to a "List", even though I know that List only has one item. However, when I try to just bind to a single item in my list, nothing happens. Nothing shows up on my grid, but I don't get an error in the debugger.

This works. GetObjects is a Dal method that returns a List.

List<MyObject> myObjects = MyDal.GetObjects(myID); 
this.myGridView.DataSource = myObjects;

 

The following code does NOT work. GetObject is a Dal method that only returns the first element from a List.

MyObject myObject = MyDal.GetObject(myID); 
this.myGridView.DataSource = myObject;

I posted a similar question here .
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 14 May 2013
5 answers
362 views
Hi,
I have a scenario where the rad dock configuration xml file has be tampered. When loading it, it fails, is there a way to tell to raddock that it needs to ignore settings from xml completely as if there we haven't loaded it from xml file.
Here is a code snippet,
 if (File.Exists(DockStatePath))
 {   
 try { radDock.LoadFromXml(DockStatePath);       
  }    
  catch (XmlException)   
  {
      //suppress do nothing  instead make sure it radDock behaves as we are not loading any settings
  }
}

We can load default settings but that won't help because the users will have different resolution from the one where form is being designed.
If loading fails, it needs to treat as if we never attempted to load from xml file thus it maintains correct layout settings like the one without loading it from Xml file.

Thx in Advance.
M




Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 14 May 2013
3 answers
335 views
Hi, 

i am having RadGridView, where i have "GridViewHyperlinkColumn", i need to remove Hyperlink based on some conditions, how to do that.

Note:- i don't want to make visible as false, just need to remove link alone.




Anton
Telerik team
 answered on 13 May 2013
15 answers
728 views
hi....

in  my text box i have to enter only integer values.
so what mask i have to give its properties?
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 13 May 2013
9 answers
219 views
I have a multi threaded single form WinForms application using mostly(all) Telerik controls. Recently i have experienced a problem that seems to be at random. Sometimes, when giving focus to the application it throws a NullReferenceException and causes the application to shutdown.

I captured the detail from the exception this time which has been pasted below. I found another post that may be related.

http://www.telerik.com/community/forums/winforms/general-discussions/net-runtime-2-0-error.aspx 

I have not always had this problem as it just appeared in the past few days. Some of the recent changes i have made that may or may not be related:

Recently upgraded to the latest controls package.
Added additional RadButtons
Added columns to an existing RadGridView's (I found another error here but wasn't able reproduce after i corrected it where my control was not being recognized at runtime.)

Also, although my application has multiple threads the error seems to be related to me giving the application focus or clicking on a button(or attempting to) and it doesn't seems to be related to any specific button, other thread changes\events.

Is anyone else experiencing this or know a solution? 

Thanks!

Exception Detail:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
System.NullReferenceException was unhandled
  Message=Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
  Source=Telerik.WinControls
  StackTrace:
       at Telerik.WinControls.RadControlAnimationTimer.Stop()
       at Telerik.WinControls.ElementValuesAnimator.Stop()
       at Telerik.WinControls.ElementValuesAnimator.AnimationTimer_Tick(Object sender, EventArgs e)
       at Telerik.WinControls.RadControlAnimationTimer.OnTick(EventArgs e)
       at Telerik.WinControls.RadControlAnimationTimer.internalTimer_Tick(Object sender, EventArgs e)
       at System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.OnTick(EventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.TimerNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.DebuggableCallback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
       at System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessageW(MSG& msg)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
       at Microsoft.VisualBasic.ApplicationServices.WindowsFormsApplicationBase.OnRun()
       at Microsoft.VisualBasic.ApplicationServices.WindowsFormsApplicationBase.DoApplicationModel()
       at Microsoft.VisualBasic.ApplicationServices.WindowsFormsApplicationBase.Run(String[] commandLine)
       at Home_Automation_Server.My.MyApplication.Main(String[] Args) in 17d14f5c-a337-4978-8281-53493378c1071.vb:line 81
       at System.AppDomain._nExecuteAssembly(RuntimeAssembly assembly, String[] args)
       at System.AppDomain.ExecuteAssembly(String assemblyFile, Evidence assemblySecurity, String[] args)
       at Microsoft.VisualStudio.HostingProcess.HostProc.RunUsersAssembly()
       at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
       at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean ignoreSyncCtx)
       at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
       at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()
  InnerException: 
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 13 May 2013
3 answers
187 views

I like to have the caret shown when the RichTextBox gets the focus, i.e., when tabbing into it. I use the following approach.

Private Sub RadRichTextBox_GotFocus(sender As Object, e As System.EventArgs) Handles RadRichTextBox.GotFocus

    Me.RadRichTextBox.Document.Insert("", RadRichTextBox.CurrentEditingStyle)

End Sub


While the caret size is smaller than usual it achieves my goal.

Art Colman
www.drybridge.com
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 13 May 2013
2 answers
334 views
My font little special. It's little bit upper.So when I use my font , the form icon image and form text Not align. the font Font than the picture.
and for fixed it , I use visual Style builder. RadForm--->RadFormElement--->but there is not have any option Individually modified the label padding of form. I think if can, I change the title text label padding: 0,0,0,-5 . and let the label and icon Align. so can u help me ? or give me a solution?
Qakmak
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 11 May 2013
4 answers
222 views
I'm use Visual Style Builder change the RadButton--->RadButtonElement--->TextPrimitive---> Margin:0,0,0,-6

and use in vs, like this:

public RadForm1()
       {
            
           InitializeComponent();
 
           ThemeResolutionService.LoadPackageFile(@"C:\Users\mamatjan\Desktop\xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx\xx\MyTheme5.tssp");
           ThemeResolutionService.ApplicationThemeName = "MyTheme5";
            
            
       }


but when I'm run it. the button not use the style what I'm change, Until the mouse over the button, and button text margin is change.
why? and how I'm fixed it?(I just use font, and the font not change too)
Qakmak
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 11 May 2013
5 answers
226 views
If I set the gridview columnheader.text alignment to middle right when using ExcelType filtering, it overlays the filter button image.  How can I avoid this?
Anton
Telerik team
 answered on 10 May 2013
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
GridView
General Discussions
Scheduler and Reminder
Treeview
Dock
RibbonBar
Themes and Visual Style Builder
ChartView
Calendar, DateTimePicker, TimePicker and Clock
DropDownList
Buttons, RadioButton, CheckBox, etc
ListView
ComboBox and ListBox (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
Form
Chart (obsolete as of Q1 2013)
PageView
MultiColumn ComboBox
TextBox
RichTextEditor
PropertyGrid
Menu
RichTextBox (obsolete as of Q3 2014 SP1)
Panelbar (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
PivotGrid and PivotFieldList
Tabstrip (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
MaskedEditBox
PdfViewer and PdfViewerNavigator
CommandBar
ListControl
Carousel
GanttView
Diagram, DiagramRibbonBar, DiagramToolBox
Panorama
New Product Suggestions
VirtualGrid
Toolstrip (obsolete as of Q3 2010)
Label
AutoCompleteBox
Spreadsheet
ContextMenu
Panel
Visual Studio Extensions
TitleBar
SplitContainer
Documentation
Map
DesktopAlert
CheckedDropDownList
ProgressBar
MessageBox
TrackBar
Rotator
SpinEditor
CheckedListBox
StatusStrip
Wizard
CollapsiblePanel
LayoutControl
ShapedForm
SyntaxEditor
TextBoxControl
Conversational UI, Chat
DateTimePicker
TabbedForm
CAB Enabling Kit
WaitingBar
GroupBox
DataEntry
ScrollablePanel
ScrollBar
ImageEditor
Tools - VSB, Control Spy, Shape Editor
BrowseEditor
DataFilter
FileDialogs
ColorDialog
Gauges (RadialGauge, LinearGauge, BulletGraph)
ApplicationMenu
RangeSelector
CardView
WebCam
NavigationView
BindingNavigator
RibbonForm
Styling
Barcode
PopupEditor
TaskBoard
Callout
ColorBox
PictureBox
FilterView
Accessibility
VirtualKeyboard
DataLayout
Licensing
ToastNotificationManager
ValidationProvider
CalculatorDropDown
Localization
TimePicker
BreadCrumb
ButtonTextBox
FontDropDownList
BarcodeView
Overlay
Security
LocalizationProvider
Dictionary
TreeMap
StepProgressBar
SplashScreen
Flyout
Separator
SparkLine
ToolbarForm
NotifyIcon
DateOnlyPicker
AI Coding Assistant
Rating
TimeSpanPicker
Calculator
OfficeNavigationBar
TaskbarButton
HeatMap
SlideView
PipsPager
AIPrompt
TaskDialog
TimeOnlyPicker
SpeechToTextButton
SmartPasteButton
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?