Telerik Forums
UI for WinForms Forum
2 answers
122 views
Hello,
I will like to load from the database the filter expressions and not just hide the rows.
I set custom filter to true but when I set the grid's datasource to the new results set, I get an error when I try to click a row or change the filter expression.

Is there a way I can load from the database when filter expression is changing without getting an error message from the gird?

Thank you
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 20 May 2013
3 answers
190 views
Hi everybody,

I have a RadGrid which has checkbox as GridTemplateColumn. When the checkbox is clicked, I want to add a new item to a RadListbox.
I use the click event and add RadListBoxItems to my RadListbox, but the new item is not rendered in browser. I can also add a new item using a button's click event. After button click event, I can see both newly added items. So the problem is, a new item cannot be seen after checkbox click event.

Am I doing something wrong or it this a bug?
(Telerik assembly version: v4.0.30319)

Below is the related code:

<telerik:RadGrid ID="rgStudentList" runat="server" AllowFilteringByColumn="True"
                                AllowSorting="True" CellSpacing="0" Enabled="false" GridLines="None" GroupingSettings-CaseSensitive="false"
                                OnItemCommand="rgOgrenciListesi_ItemCommand" OnNeedDataSource="rgOgrenciListesi_NeedDataSource"
                                SortingSettings-SortToolTip="">
                                <GroupingSettings CaseSensitive="False" />
                                <SortingSettings SortToolTip="" />
                                <MasterTableView AllowPaging="true" AutoGenerateColumns="False" DataKeyNames="No"
                                    PageSize="10">
                                    <CommandItemSettings ExportToPdfText="Export to PDF" />
                                    <RowIndicatorColumn FilterControlAltText="Filter RowIndicator column">
                                        <HeaderStyle Width="20px" />
                                    </RowIndicatorColumn>
                                    <ExpandCollapseColumn FilterControlAltText="Filter ExpandColumn column">
                                        <HeaderStyle Width="20px" />
                                    </ExpandCollapseColumn>
                                    <Columns>
                                        <telerik:GridBoundColumn AllowFiltering="true" AllowSorting="true" AutoPostBackOnFilter="true"
                                            CurrentFilterFunction="StartsWith" DataField="TCKimlikNo" FilterControlAltText="Filter column1 column"                                  
                                            >
                                        </telerik:GridBoundColumn>
 
<telerik:GridTemplateColumn HeaderText="Seç" AllowFiltering="false">
                                                <ItemTemplate>                                                   
                                                    <asp:CheckBox ID="chkI" runat="server" AutoPostBack="true"  OnCheckedChanged="chkI_CheckedChanged" />
                                                </ItemTemplate>
                                                <HeaderTemplate>
                                                    <asp:CheckBox ID="chkH" runat="server" AutoPostBack="true"
                                                        OnCheckedChanged="chkH_CheckedChanged" />
                                                </HeaderTemplate>
                                            </telerik:GridTemplateColumn>
                                    </Columns>
                                    <EditFormSettings>
                                        <EditColumn FilterControlAltText="Filter EditCommandColumn column">
                                        </EditColumn>
                                    </EditFormSettings>
                                    <NoRecordsTemplate>
                                        <center>
                                            blah blah</center>
                                    </NoRecordsTemplate>
                                </MasterTableView>
                                <FilterMenu EnableImageSprites="true">
                                </FilterMenu>
                                <HeaderContextMenu CssClass="GridContextMenu GridContextMenu_Default">
                                </HeaderContextMenu>
                            </telerik:RadGrid>

protected void chkI_CheckedChanged(object sender, EventArgs e)
        {
 
            CheckBox chkI = sender as CheckBox;
 
            String student= ((GridDataItem)chkI.Parent.Parent).Cells[3].Text;
            
            rlbOgrNo.Items.Add(new RadListBoxItem(student, student));           
 
        }

After the checkbox checked changed event, I cannot see the new item added. (Not rendered.)

I tried many things but no hope. Any help is appreciated.
Thanks.
Bahadır


Kostadin
Telerik team
 answered on 20 May 2013
1 answer
166 views
How do i hide the filter in every cell in datagridview?

Emanuel Varga
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 18 May 2013
1 answer
115 views
Hi Team,
I want by data is loaded by default shorted with according to two column in grid means combination of two column  shorting. how it is possible please help me.

Regards
Ashish
Emanuel Varga
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 18 May 2013
1 answer
252 views

Hi,

               
       We are trying to upgrade the look of our ToolTips in our products. We are focusing our efforts on the ToolTips that display information about the object that is currently hovered in the graphical zones of our products. We want to be able to display some of the properties of that object arranged in some fashionable way. You could find an example (sketched in Paint) of the new ToolTips we want in the attached files.

       Our products are built on top of the Microsoft .NET WinForms framework with some specific WPF controls like your ScheduleView WPF RadControl. Our graphical areas are just ordinary WinForms Panels that we use as drawing surfaces (with GDI API).


       Our current requirements specifies that only include static information would be displayed in the ToolTip, but it is quite possible in a short timeline that we get the requirements to put some interactive content in the ToolTip like user actions (buttons or link buttons, …).


       I would be please to know if you offer any ToolTip control that we could use to accomplish our needs. We would be at ease to use any kind of technology (WinForms, WPF/XAML, HTML, ...). Our only restraint is that our graphical areas are built with WinForms. Do you have any recommendations to give us?


Thanks a lot.

Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 18 May 2013
3 answers
230 views
Hello,

I cannot seem to get an X Axis to behave as a non-categorical type of axis. In other words, not only do we have numerical data in the Y-Axis, but also we've got numerical data in the X-Axis. Is this possible with Telerik RadChartView? Or does the X Axis always get treated like a "category"? If so, how?

Thank you...

Regards,

Michael Powell
Ivan Petrov
Telerik team
 answered on 17 May 2013
2 answers
510 views
Hello,

I'm using the RadPageView component with the "strip" ViewMode.
I'd like to change the title bar which indicates the active page into bold, but I didn't found any usefull property, nor any UI element in the Visual Style Builder.

How should I do this ?

Best regards
NourElDeen
NourElDeen
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 17 May 2013
2 answers
723 views
Hello,...
i want to validate my wizard panels fields on the next button click....
Usman
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 17 May 2013
13 answers
3.7K+ views
I have 2 RadPageViewPage  in a RadPageView.

When the form initially loads the second RadPageViewPage is visible.

 

How can i force that when the form is initially loaded it should be the first RadPageViewPage that is visible !!

Second how to change the view to a specific RadPageViewPage in the code at run time.

Is there a property  such as
RadPageView.SelectedRadPageViewPage =  2.   that will set the second RadPageViewPage to be visible etc etc .


thanks

IK

 

Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 17 May 2013
2 answers
203 views
 how do i hide or remove the drag column here to group by this column?
Smayr
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 16 May 2013
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
GridView
General Discussions
Scheduler and Reminder
Treeview
Dock
RibbonBar
Themes and Visual Style Builder
ChartView
Calendar, DateTimePicker, TimePicker and Clock
DropDownList
Buttons, RadioButton, CheckBox, etc
ListView
ComboBox and ListBox (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
Form
Chart (obsolete as of Q1 2013)
PageView
MultiColumn ComboBox
TextBox
RichTextEditor
PropertyGrid
Menu
RichTextBox (obsolete as of Q3 2014 SP1)
Panelbar (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
PivotGrid and PivotFieldList
Tabstrip (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
MaskedEditBox
PdfViewer and PdfViewerNavigator
CommandBar
ListControl
Carousel
GanttView
Diagram, DiagramRibbonBar, DiagramToolBox
Panorama
New Product Suggestions
VirtualGrid
Toolstrip (obsolete as of Q3 2010)
Label
AutoCompleteBox
Spreadsheet
ContextMenu
Panel
Visual Studio Extensions
TitleBar
SplitContainer
Documentation
Map
DesktopAlert
CheckedDropDownList
ProgressBar
MessageBox
TrackBar
Rotator
SpinEditor
CheckedListBox
StatusStrip
Wizard
CollapsiblePanel
LayoutControl
ShapedForm
SyntaxEditor
TextBoxControl
Conversational UI, Chat
DateTimePicker
TabbedForm
CAB Enabling Kit
WaitingBar
GroupBox
DataEntry
ScrollablePanel
ScrollBar
ImageEditor
Tools - VSB, Control Spy, Shape Editor
BrowseEditor
DataFilter
FileDialogs
ColorDialog
Gauges (RadialGauge, LinearGauge, BulletGraph)
ApplicationMenu
RangeSelector
CardView
WebCam
NavigationView
BindingNavigator
RibbonForm
Styling
Barcode
PopupEditor
TaskBoard
Callout
ColorBox
PictureBox
FilterView
Accessibility
VirtualKeyboard
DataLayout
Licensing
ToastNotificationManager
ValidationProvider
CalculatorDropDown
Localization
TimePicker
BreadCrumb
ButtonTextBox
FontDropDownList
BarcodeView
Overlay
Security
LocalizationProvider
Dictionary
TreeMap
StepProgressBar
SplashScreen
Flyout
Separator
SparkLine
ToolbarForm
NotifyIcon
DateOnlyPicker
AI Coding Assistant
Rating
TimeSpanPicker
Calculator
OfficeNavigationBar
TaskbarButton
HeatMap
SlideView
PipsPager
AIPrompt
TaskDialog
TimeOnlyPicker
SpeechToTextButton
SmartPasteButton
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?