Telerik Forums
UI for WinForms Forum
2 answers
183 views
Hello
I'm trying to create custom backgrounds for appointments.
The code is used to add:

Me.RadScheduler1.Backgrounds.Add((New AppointmentBackgroundInfo(23, "Orange", Color.Orange, Color.Orange)))
Me.RadScheduler1.Backgrounds.Add((New AppointmentBackgroundInfo(24, "Yellow", Color.Gold, Color.Gold)))
Me.RadScheduler1.Backgrounds.Add((New AppointmentBackgroundInfo(25, "Green", Color.YellowGreen, Color.YellowGreen)))

The problem is that the text of the description and the location is the same color. Deputy image to view
http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/2582/examplerz.png


Is there a way to customize the text of the description and the location?
Deputy image to show how I want.
http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/1968/app1z.png

I visited the references page but I do not go out of doubt ( http://www.telerik.com/help/winforms/scheduler-appointments-and-dialogs-working-with-appointments.html )

I'm using Visual Basic.net 2012 Framworks 4.5 whith telerik Q1 2013
thanks
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 30 Apr 2013
3 answers
174 views
Hello,

We've got a complex domain model and I want to display different series in the chart view. Nothing extremely fancy, something like this:

class Data {
public float Y1 {get;set;}
public float Y2 {get;set;}
public float Y3 {get;set;}
public TimeSpan When {get;set;}
public float Sum {get{return Y1+Y2+Y3;}}
public byte Address {get;set;}
}

And so on, along these lines. We'll want to take an IEnumerable<Data> and GroupBy(x => x.Address) then display each of those groups in a series of their own.

It's actually a little more complex than that, there will be calculators running, and lambdas, but should be transparent to the chart view. SHOULD BE. Oh, and I want to display these ordered in the time domain: When (TimeSpan, time into test) is my X axis. Some function of the Y's are my Y axis.

Thus far I can get the series to at least appear and title themselves in the legend, so I have some visual feedback that that much is working. However, I get no data displaying in the LineSeries at all. It's all flat lines so far, but I do get some series there, so I know it's trying.

How do I instruct the chart to find our data?

Thank you...
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 29 Apr 2013
9 answers
626 views
I'm using the RadUpload control from the Silverlight toolkit along with the RadUploadHandler on the server to upload files from my browser app.  I'd like to do the same thing from a WinForm using the same RadUploadHandler.  Is there a WinForm version of the RadUpload control that I can use?

Thanks
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 29 Apr 2013
5 answers
202 views
Using 2013 Q1 controls.  I have items in the suggestion list for an AutoCompleteBox that have spaces (similar to the example in your documentation that uses first and last names).  The AutoCompleteBox ignores spaces typed in the textbox.  I can paste a partial value with spaces into the text box and the suggestion list displays the correct matching entries.  The suggestion list contains thousands of items, so first word often does not provide a close enough match.

I saw that there is another question regarding the same issue.  In that thread, it is implied that the question was answered in another thread, but the hyperlink goes to an unrelated topic. I cannot find an answer to this question by browsing or searching the forum.
Ivan Petrov
Telerik team
 answered on 29 Apr 2013
3 answers
229 views
Hi,

I'm about to migrate from RadChart to ChartView.
Really like the clean design and as I think more .net like API of the new ChartView.
However, a couple of questions arise:

Pie Charts:

When I add PieData Points to a Series specifing value/name, I'd expect the name to be used in the legend by default. Using the forum I found a work-around, but what's the reasoning behind not displaying the name in the Legend?

foreach(LegendItem li in this.groupingChartView.ChartElement.LegendElement.Items)
{
   PiePointElement ppe = li.Element as PiePointElement;
   PieDataPoint pdp = ppe.DataPoint as PieDataPoint;
   li.Title = pdp.Name;
}

The Pies do not always seem to paint correctly in the center of the Pie

Bar Chart

Is there a way to use Timespan  Values on the Y Axis and format them correctly?
I have days on X Axis and Timespan on Y. Currently I display duration is in minutes, I would like to format the labels on the Y axes as "hh:mm",  Is that possible?

When I use a DateTimeCategoricalAxis for X, and there are no data points for a particular day, the day is left out. I worked around this by generating empty Datapoints with the Value 0, but that requires additional iteration over the data. Is there a more elegant way?

Is there a way to display bars for several series slightly overlapping on the same category?

I have attached the pictures of the same Graph in RadChart and ChartView. Currently the smaller area of bars in the chartview version gives a wrong impression.

For all Charts: "smart" Labels would help a lot.

Kind regards and Happy New Year everyone!

Erwin
Ivan Petrov
Telerik team
 answered on 29 Apr 2013
1 answer
302 views
Hi all,
I don't know how to bind data to comboboxes columns in gridview control.
I'm using this to bind data to grid view:
private void Form1_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
            model = new DataModel.Entities();
            dataSource = new BindingSource();
 
            radGridView1.TableElement.BeginUpdate();
            dataSource.DataSource = model.Items.ToList();
            radGridView1.DataSource = dataSource;
            radGridView1.TableElement.EndUpdate();
}

Two of data field are foreign keys to another table. I would like to bind data from another table to my combo box editor.
To get data from database I'm using OpenAccess ORM for PostgreSQL.

Regards,
Maciek
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 29 Apr 2013
3 answers
268 views

Hello, 

I have a form with 4 grid controls on it, using office2010black theme. Each one is based on the one before it in a hierarchy mode but for work flow reasons I am not wanting to use a single grid. 

It's working beautifully so far but the only complaint is the user doesn't know which grid has the focus before using arrows or enter for navigation. If I could change the row selection colour or even just stick a coloured border round the grid that has focus that would be great. 

I tried changing the grid border in the grid's enter event but nothing changed I'm assuming as all the visual style examples I found in the forums seem to fire off the grid formatting event which by the time my user is clicking round the grids is long over. 

Is there something I can change after the form is loaded and the grids are filled with data to indicate which one has focus that will fire off when the user clicks on or tabs into a grid?
Paul
Telerik team
 answered on 29 Apr 2013
2 answers
949 views
Hello,

I would like to compose an aggregate user control and have it be Telerik theme-capable, etc, all those things. I am familiar with how to compose using the build-in UserControl, but is there an analog in the Telerik library? RadControl doesn't seem to be quite it, or there's no User Interface component.

Thank you...

Regards,

Michael Powell
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 29 Apr 2013
3 answers
264 views
how can I change the theme for just the current form at runtime and not the whole application 

This is for a dialog form that opens in front of the main form that has a different theme

ThemeResolutionService.ApplicationThemeName = ThemeName
 This changes the theme for the whole application not just the open dialog and the following seems to not work at all 

Private Sub ApplyTheme()
 
       Dim mytheme As New Telerik.WinControls.Themes.Office2010BlackTheme
 
       Me.ThemeClassName = "Telerik.WinControls.UI.RadForm"
       Me.ThemeName = mytheme.ThemeName
 
   End Sub

Anton
Telerik team
 answered on 26 Apr 2013
1 answer
186 views
In raddock, i open a form in new tab. Right click on tab and context menu opens. I want to know is it possible to add keyboard shortcuts for different options available in menu. For example, I want to add keyboard shortcut for New Vertical Tab Group.

PFA
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 26 Apr 2013
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
GridView
General Discussions
Scheduler and Reminder
Treeview
Dock
RibbonBar
Themes and Visual Style Builder
ChartView
Calendar, DateTimePicker, TimePicker and Clock
DropDownList
Buttons, RadioButton, CheckBox, etc
ListView
ComboBox and ListBox (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
Form
Chart (obsolete as of Q1 2013)
PageView
MultiColumn ComboBox
TextBox
RichTextEditor
PropertyGrid
Menu
RichTextBox (obsolete as of Q3 2014 SP1)
Panelbar (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
PivotGrid and PivotFieldList
Tabstrip (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
MaskedEditBox
PdfViewer and PdfViewerNavigator
CommandBar
ListControl
Carousel
GanttView
Diagram, DiagramRibbonBar, DiagramToolBox
Panorama
New Product Suggestions
VirtualGrid
Toolstrip (obsolete as of Q3 2010)
Label
AutoCompleteBox
Spreadsheet
ContextMenu
Panel
Visual Studio Extensions
TitleBar
SplitContainer
Documentation
Map
DesktopAlert
CheckedDropDownList
ProgressBar
MessageBox
TrackBar
Rotator
SpinEditor
CheckedListBox
StatusStrip
Wizard
CollapsiblePanel
LayoutControl
ShapedForm
SyntaxEditor
TextBoxControl
Conversational UI, Chat
DateTimePicker
TabbedForm
CAB Enabling Kit
WaitingBar
GroupBox
DataEntry
ScrollablePanel
ScrollBar
ImageEditor
Tools - VSB, Control Spy, Shape Editor
BrowseEditor
DataFilter
FileDialogs
ColorDialog
Gauges (RadialGauge, LinearGauge, BulletGraph)
ApplicationMenu
RangeSelector
CardView
WebCam
NavigationView
BindingNavigator
RibbonForm
Styling
Barcode
PopupEditor
TaskBoard
Callout
ColorBox
PictureBox
FilterView
Accessibility
VirtualKeyboard
DataLayout
Licensing
ToastNotificationManager
ValidationProvider
CalculatorDropDown
Localization
TimePicker
BreadCrumb
ButtonTextBox
FontDropDownList
BarcodeView
Overlay
Security
LocalizationProvider
Dictionary
TreeMap
StepProgressBar
SplashScreen
Flyout
Separator
SparkLine
ToolbarForm
NotifyIcon
DateOnlyPicker
AI Coding Assistant
Rating
TimeSpanPicker
Calculator
OfficeNavigationBar
TaskbarButton
HeatMap
SlideView
PipsPager
AIPrompt
TaskDialog
TimeOnlyPicker
SpeechToTextButton
SmartPasteButton
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?