Telerik Forums
UI for WinForms Forum
1 answer
713 views
Hi, I am really struggling to cope with the object structure in GridView. I have a checkbox column which allows the user to tick to indicate that the row will be deleted when the whole grid is saved. I need this strikeout to occur immediately when the checkbox is ticked and thus have to use the RadGridView1_ValueChanged event. Trouble is that I just don't understand how I can access the font attributes of the cells on the current row and set the strikeout attribute. What is the difference between GridViewCellInfo and GridViewCellElement?

This is my VB code:

    Private Sub RadGridView1_ValueChanged(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) _
Handles RadGridView1.ValueChanged
        If RadGridView1.CurrentColumn.HeaderText = "Del" Then
            If CBool(RadGridView1.CurrentCell.Value) = True Then
                Dim rowInfo As GridViewRowInfo = RadGridView1.CurrentRow
                For Each cellInfo As GridViewCellInfo In rowInfo.Cells
                    cellInfo.font()  'Doesn't work!
                Next
            End If
        End If
    End Sub

All the examples show using a CellElement object returned by an event but the ValueChanged event does not return this kind of object!

I am really struggling with the power of these grids in VB.Net having been used to a simpler life in VB6!

Thanks
Ivan Petrov
Telerik team
 answered on 26 Apr 2013
1 answer
232 views
Hi,

I am using PivotGrid (Q1 2013 SP1) and I have some questions about it:

1) Is possible to translate "Grand Total" header text?
2) I am grouping table data using of DateTimeGroupDescription. Is possible to format date as dd.MM.yyyy (now it is Apr-22, but I want 22.04.2013) in group cell?
3) How can I react on user clicked on cell? I can not find some CellClick or DoubleCellClick event.
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 25 Apr 2013
8 answers
401 views
How do you go about updating only 1 instance of a recurring appointment programmically?  Say I want to change the tooltip or background color of just the occurence highlighted rather than all occurences that exist.
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 25 Apr 2013
1 answer
256 views
Hi,

I had created a dock and it have three documentWindows
I want to set a fixed size for documentWindow1 so that its size did not change even if i had changed the size of my main window.
Is it possible to set fixed height and width separately ?
Anton
Telerik team
 answered on 25 Apr 2013
2 answers
173 views
Hi, i have done some column grouping in the grid with the summary information displaying correctly. 

What i want to do now is to export this summary / or loop through the rows (only system row that contains the summary...not the underlying rows containing the data), is there any way to do this ?

Thank you
Martin
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 24 Apr 2013
1 answer
359 views
Hi,

I have a Masked Edit Box with mask type Numeric and mask = "n2"

When I edit the value in the text box, I find there are 3 possible data entry scenarios, and one is causing our users problems.

Assume the field already contains a value "23.55" and the user wishes to change this to "23.65" :

1 - Focus the field so that the entire contents are pre selected and highlighted. Typing overwrites the current contents so the user manually enters the new value completely as "23.65" including the decimal point. The final value is correct and this behavior is intuitive.

2 - Click into field to deselect the contents. The entry caret is at the end of the string. Left arrow twice so that the caret move two characters to the left and is AFTER is the decimal point. Type "65" and this replaces the existing "55" value so the complete field contents are now "23.65". This is again expected and intuitive.

3 - Click into the field to deselect contents. Caret is at the end of the string. Backspace twice and the data entry caret now jumps to BEFORE the decimal point. Enter "65" as with case 2, but now the value is "2365.00" which is incorrect. I would expect the caret to remain AFTER the decimal point as with case two, as jumping over the decimal places is a three character move to the left.

Our users are performing very rapid and high volume data entry and the different caret position and different behavior can be very difficult to spot, so they are finding highly significant data entry errors with values being out by thousands. I would expect the left arrow and backspace to leave the caret AFTER the decimal point to help prevent this and more accurately reflect the number of keypresses and characters navigated.

Is there any way to prevent the caret jumping to BEFORE the decimal after backspace?

Many thanks

Mark.









Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Apr 2013
1 answer
187 views
Hey Telerik!

Is there an event that I can use to determine when a user has removed a textblock from the textbox?  I would need to be able to get the value for the removed object.

Thanks
Ivan Petrov
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Apr 2013
12 answers
832 views
Hello,

I'm using a Rad Dock with some TabedToolWindows. I'm currently trying to change colors by "Edit UI Elements"-Task on the Tabstrip. Can you tell me how I can change the color of the Border around the ToolWindows or how to set it to invisible?
I marked it red with Photoshop in the attached picture.

Thanks.
 
George
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 24 Apr 2013
2 answers
188 views
Hi,

I'm using the RadMessageBox with hebrew language (RTL) and have my message truncated due to improper dialog sizing (message is short, around 40 char. max)

It seems that when the dialog is showed up, it will properly resize itself on second time. meaning, the dialog resize is happening after show method is being called.

I'm using v2013.1.220

Any Idea?

Thanks!

Gal
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 24 Apr 2013
1 answer
145 views
Hello,

Question concerning the binaries included in the install:

There is a Bin\ and a Bin40\ directory. Is that for .NET 4.0? And what other version(?). Current through .NET 3.5? .NET 4.5?

I can't imagine we would start any projects with anything less than .NET 4.0, but just wanted to clarify that detail.

Thank you...

Regards,

Michael Powell
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Apr 2013
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
GridView
General Discussions
Scheduler and Reminder
Treeview
Dock
RibbonBar
Themes and Visual Style Builder
ChartView
Calendar, DateTimePicker, TimePicker and Clock
DropDownList
Buttons, RadioButton, CheckBox, etc
ListView
ComboBox and ListBox (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
Form
Chart (obsolete as of Q1 2013)
PageView
MultiColumn ComboBox
TextBox
RichTextEditor
PropertyGrid
Menu
RichTextBox (obsolete as of Q3 2014 SP1)
Panelbar (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
PivotGrid and PivotFieldList
Tabstrip (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
MaskedEditBox
PdfViewer and PdfViewerNavigator
CommandBar
ListControl
Carousel
GanttView
Diagram, DiagramRibbonBar, DiagramToolBox
Panorama
New Product Suggestions
VirtualGrid
Toolstrip (obsolete as of Q3 2010)
Label
AutoCompleteBox
Spreadsheet
ContextMenu
Panel
Visual Studio Extensions
TitleBar
SplitContainer
Documentation
Map
DesktopAlert
CheckedDropDownList
ProgressBar
MessageBox
TrackBar
Rotator
SpinEditor
CheckedListBox
StatusStrip
Wizard
CollapsiblePanel
LayoutControl
ShapedForm
SyntaxEditor
TextBoxControl
Conversational UI, Chat
DateTimePicker
TabbedForm
CAB Enabling Kit
WaitingBar
GroupBox
DataEntry
ScrollablePanel
ScrollBar
ImageEditor
Tools - VSB, Control Spy, Shape Editor
BrowseEditor
DataFilter
FileDialogs
ColorDialog
Gauges (RadialGauge, LinearGauge, BulletGraph)
ApplicationMenu
RangeSelector
CardView
WebCam
NavigationView
BindingNavigator
RibbonForm
Styling
Barcode
PopupEditor
TaskBoard
Callout
ColorBox
PictureBox
FilterView
Accessibility
VirtualKeyboard
DataLayout
Licensing
ToastNotificationManager
ValidationProvider
CalculatorDropDown
Localization
TimePicker
BreadCrumb
ButtonTextBox
FontDropDownList
BarcodeView
Overlay
Security
LocalizationProvider
Dictionary
TreeMap
StepProgressBar
SplashScreen
Flyout
Separator
SparkLine
ToolbarForm
NotifyIcon
DateOnlyPicker
AI Coding Assistant
Rating
TimeSpanPicker
Calculator
OfficeNavigationBar
TaskbarButton
HeatMap
SlideView
PipsPager
AIPrompt
TaskDialog
TimeOnlyPicker
SpeechToTextButton
SmartPasteButton
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?