Telerik Forums
UI for WinForms Forum
1 answer
212 views
I'm trying to figure out the easiest way to have my columns start in a default order(left to right) for all users.  I tried setting them in the IList<T> that I use to populate the DataSource but that doesn't work.  

Do I have any options besides setting each column manually following the instructions on this page -->Reordering Columns

That would be VERY cumbersome...


Additionally, I notice that Intellisense labels
RadGridView1.Columns.Move();
as "[deprecated]" so what is the alternative?


RadGridView1.Columns.Move()
RadGridView1.Columns.Move()
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 10 Jun 2013
1 answer
277 views
Hi:

I am using RadPageView Backstage mode, As I have many buttons in my element bar, I am using StripButtons for scrolling among them. I want to use mouse Wheel for scrolling among the Items. 

Is there anyway to do that? 

Sincerely
Farshad Zamani
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 07 Jun 2013
3 answers
313 views
Forgive me if this issue has been raised before. 

I've got a RadGridView (Q2 2008) bound to an object datasource.  On initial display of the RadGridview, there are no rows because I'm forcing the user to enter some search criteria before the grid is populated.  In its initial state, SelectedRows.Count = 0.  Correct.  If the user then enters search criteria that returns rows, the grid is rebound and the first row is selected thus setting SelectedRows.Count = 1.  Correct again.

If the user then changes the search criteria and that criteria returns no rows, the grid is rebound and no rows appear just as it should.  However, SelectedRows.Count still = 1.  Not correct.  This appears to be a bug to me.  Is it?
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 07 Jun 2013
2 answers
171 views
I have a gridview...I want to add a subtotal row to the gridview.....is there a way to do this?
Binesh
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 07 Jun 2013
18 answers
967 views
I've got a grid consisting of many checkboxes with long column headers. How would I go about making my column headers be vertically aligned?

It needs to be a long first column with a long name in the first column of each row, and then the 2nd to 10th column are all booleans with long column header names (eg. "20mm Pencil Round"). I'd like to get my cell size to be just slightly larger than the checkbox, both length and width.

How would I accomplish this?
Axel
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 06 Jun 2013
0 answers
162 views
Hello,
I want to bind Carousel Images to 'Picture' column of a DataTable named 'Users'.
DataTable is placed in DataSet. Parent form is Login form and when the user types his/her name in the
textbox carousel items rotates and picture of owner of the username is shown.(I've seen an example in somewhere in your website or demos , forgotten)

please give me a code snippet to bind to the DataTable's picture column.
Thanks again.
Tooraj
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 06 Jun 2013
2 answers
172 views
I am using a radgridview for winforms and I am enable the filtering. I am not able to find how capture the select all inside the filter.
The event FilterChanging triggered only when the filter is changed if nothing is changed then the event does nothing.

Is it possible to add my custom message on the bottom on the filter like the picture bellow - selectionall.png?

In other word I want to be able to capture when we select the all filters or do a custom message on the bottom.

Thanks
Peter
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 06 Jun 2013
3 answers
197 views
Hi

Regarding 'Redistributing Telerik RadControls for Winforms' discussed here, we are building Telerik assemblies from source code using the OEM conditional symbol approach with our application assembly name specified in OemAssemblyName in RadControl.cs. This is to protect Telerik controls in our distribution. This seems to work fine in that unauthorised applications get the trial version pop-up whereas the authorised one doesn't.

My question: Can you advise the best way (or what needs to be done) to create an 'installer' which can be used to register the source build assemblies for design time use in Visual Studio 2010 (i.e. to create/populate a Visual Studio Toolbox tab and to register assemblies for design-time support)?

The reason: Our solution is structured so that Telerik assemblies are copied to an ExternalDlls folder and projects referencing Tererik point to assemblies in ExternalDlls. If Telerik UI controls are not installed on my development PC then I don't have Visual Studio design capabilities. However, if I install either the full licensed or Trial versions of Telerik controls (NOT the assemblies built from source) then I get all sorts of conflicts because the assemblies in ExternalDlls (built from source) and assemblies from install versions have different public key tokens.

Hope this question makes sense. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Shaun
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 06 Jun 2013
1 answer
121 views
Hi,

How can i create a Custom Column with two Labels and separate Binding of each of them?

I would like to Display something like this in a Column: Value1 / Value2.

Is this possible?

Thank you

Johann
Ivan Petrov
Telerik team
 answered on 06 Jun 2013
5 answers
431 views
I have the gridview working fine in hierarchy mode when I load both datatables into a dataset.  This requires all of the child records to get loaded at the beginning (before any + has been selected).

What I want to do is only load the child records as they are requested.

I tied into the ChildViewExpanding event with the following code.

DataSet

 

ds = (DataSet)radGridViewMain.MasterGridViewTemplate.DataSource;

 

 

DataTable dt = ds.Tables["Details"];

 

 

int headerID = Convert.ToInt32(e.ParentRow.Cells["ID"].Value);

 

 

Details dtl = new Details();

 

 

DataRow[] dr = dt.Select(String.Format("HeaderID={0}", headerID));

 

 

if (dr.Length <= 0)

 

{

    dt.Merge(dtl.GetRecords(headerID),

true);

 

}

Works great the on the first + selected, but as soon as I select another row's children to display the first childset is cleared out.

How do I load the child recrods dynamically?  Any samples on that?

Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 05 Jun 2013
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
GridView
General Discussions
Scheduler and Reminder
Treeview
Dock
RibbonBar
Themes and Visual Style Builder
ChartView
Calendar, DateTimePicker, TimePicker and Clock
DropDownList
Buttons, RadioButton, CheckBox, etc
ListView
ComboBox and ListBox (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
Form
Chart (obsolete as of Q1 2013)
PageView
MultiColumn ComboBox
TextBox
RichTextEditor
PropertyGrid
Menu
RichTextBox (obsolete as of Q3 2014 SP1)
Panelbar (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
PivotGrid and PivotFieldList
Tabstrip (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
MaskedEditBox
PdfViewer and PdfViewerNavigator
CommandBar
ListControl
Carousel
GanttView
Diagram, DiagramRibbonBar, DiagramToolBox
Panorama
New Product Suggestions
VirtualGrid
Toolstrip (obsolete as of Q3 2010)
Label
AutoCompleteBox
Spreadsheet
ContextMenu
Panel
Visual Studio Extensions
TitleBar
SplitContainer
Documentation
Map
DesktopAlert
CheckedDropDownList
ProgressBar
MessageBox
TrackBar
Rotator
SpinEditor
CheckedListBox
StatusStrip
Wizard
CollapsiblePanel
LayoutControl
ShapedForm
SyntaxEditor
TextBoxControl
Conversational UI, Chat
DateTimePicker
TabbedForm
CAB Enabling Kit
WaitingBar
GroupBox
DataEntry
ScrollablePanel
ScrollBar
ImageEditor
Tools - VSB, Control Spy, Shape Editor
BrowseEditor
DataFilter
FileDialogs
ColorDialog
Gauges (RadialGauge, LinearGauge, BulletGraph)
ApplicationMenu
RangeSelector
CardView
WebCam
NavigationView
BindingNavigator
RibbonForm
Styling
Barcode
PopupEditor
TaskBoard
Callout
ColorBox
PictureBox
FilterView
Accessibility
VirtualKeyboard
DataLayout
Licensing
ToastNotificationManager
ValidationProvider
CalculatorDropDown
Localization
TimePicker
BreadCrumb
ButtonTextBox
FontDropDownList
BarcodeView
Overlay
Security
LocalizationProvider
Dictionary
TreeMap
StepProgressBar
SplashScreen
Flyout
Separator
SparkLine
ToolbarForm
NotifyIcon
DateOnlyPicker
AI Coding Assistant
Rating
TimeSpanPicker
Calculator
OfficeNavigationBar
TaskbarButton
HeatMap
SlideView
PipsPager
AIPrompt
TaskDialog
TimeOnlyPicker
SpeechToTextButton
SmartPasteButton
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?