Telerik Forums
Reporting Forum
1 answer
785 views
I have a report that show due dates. When a due date is within a certain amount of days, I need the report to format the date in a red font. Example:

Item X due date is 2012-04-01 is with in 90 days of today (2012-03-12) so the report will need to show it in a red font
Item Y due date is 2012-08-01 is not within 90 days so the font should be black.

I tried to compare dates using   = Fields.due >=DateAdd("d", 90, now()) but I get an error has occurred while processing textbox The expression contains undefined function call DateAdd()
Elian
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Mar 2012
1 answer
73 views
 
I am using q2 2011 telerik reporting for silverlight apps.
in access to data by object data source I can only access to properties of my main class(that defined by set and get) and I can not access to other public methos, why?I have a created class with some public method(c#) and no any property(set get ...) , when I connect to the "list" type class of this class I can not see the public methods but if I create a property(by set and get) I can see that properties! .Is any way for accessing to public methods? Thanks.
Elian
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Mar 2012
6 answers
566 views
I am currently using telerik reporting, and I need to have a barcode printed.  I need to replace an existing barcode using what was told to me to be encoded with Code 128B.  An example text I need to encode is “D00100235373”
When I go to this site and select barcode type 128 and put D00100235373 in the Enter Code Text it generates the barcode exactly the way I want.  Meaning it looks exactly the same as the bar on a document I am replacing.  
http://www.dbautotrack.com/demo/WebDemoBW/Default.aspx

Though, I would love to use Telerik’s barcode control, because it is simpler to use, and I have already paid for Telerik.  
I have tried several things such as below, but I cannot seem to get the same barcode as the one from the above website.  
Symbology = Code128 and Checksum = False
Symbology = Code128 and Checksum = true
Symbology = Code128B and Checksum = False
Symbology = Code128B and Checksum = true

Any help on this would be much appreciated.
Thanks, Tommy
Wang
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 13 Mar 2012
1 answer
258 views
Hi,

Great job with the Report Designer but can you clarify licencing for it? Product documentation still lists "Products that expose the design-time functionality of the Telerik reports." as "Examples of Uses that Require Discussion", can I provide "the business" (for internal projects) with Report Designer or do they need licence for Reporting too? Same with clients (for external projects) can they use Report Designer without purchasing Telerik Reporting licence?

Regards,

Tomashiba
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 12 Mar 2012
6 answers
260 views
I am setting image URL as follows.
pictureBox1.Value = System.Configuration.ConfigurationSettings.AppSettings["ImageFolderURL"] + "apple_ex.png";
It is working fine when I am running application. I am able to see image in browser. If I am trying to preview report through designer Tab, It is saying "The given key was not present in the dictionary."
My Appsetting section:
<appSettings>
    <add key="ImageFolderURL" value="http://www.queness.com/resources/images/png/" />
  </appSettings>
Please suggest how I can make working in preview mode too.
Manoj
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 12 Mar 2012
24 answers
673 views
Hi all
I want post a parameter to the reportViewer,
who can help me?
thank you~~
Brett
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 12 Mar 2012
1 answer
594 views
We have a need to add an action to a report with a link to the specific object. We produce pdf reports, and we've been asked to provide some way of a user clicking a link to get to an account or a record from within the pdf.

I know it's possible to add actions into a report, but I can't find anyway to give the link access to another value from the data so we can build URLS.  
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 12 Mar 2012
2 answers
191 views
I am using q2 2011 telerik reporting for silverlight apps.
in access to data by object data source I can only access to properties of my main class(that defined by set and get) and I can not access to other public methos, why?I have a created class with some public method(c#) and no any property(set get ...) , when I connect to the "list" type class of this class I can not see the public methods but if I create a property(by set and get) I can see that properties! .Is any way for accessing to public methods? Thanks.maniaqrzep@yahoo.com
M
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 11 Mar 2012
0 answers
178 views
Hi,
Sorry if this is a newbie question, but I need to change the database schema depending on the customer login.
We have a multi tenant Saas application and I want to use a standard set of reports for all customers.  We are using a single database separate schema database approach.
Specifically I need to know if or how I can change the schema for each report depending on the customer.
Thanks for your help on this,
Andy
andy
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 10 Mar 2012
1 answer
200 views
HI,

I'm attempting to create a report for a silverlight client using the Silvleright Reporting Service proxy class, in particular the RenderAsync method which takes a NameValueDictionary as the report parameters. My problem is that when I add a parameter in with the key "reference", and call the method for a particular report (which resides in the WCF application housing the Reporting Sevice, the passed parameter does not populate the corresponding parameter value in the report.

If the parameters created in the report are not meant ot be automatically popualted using this method, how can I retrieve the passed in parameters? I have a breakpoint in the constructor of the reporty I am trying to generate and I want to call a method to populate an object DataSource using the passed in parameter.

Kind Regards

Ben
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 09 Mar 2012
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?