Telerik Forums
Reporting Forum
5 answers
241 views
I have a chart that works fine. The problem is the chart may have 7 items on the X axis or 700. If there are 7 it looks great, if there are 700 it is unreadable.

How can I print the 700 so it is readable.

The two solutions I have been looking into (I am open to other solutions) are:

1) Determine the number of elements in the result set and change the height of the report to be a multiple of the data set.
2) Duplicate the chart as many times as needed based on the results limiting each chart to 20 records.

Option 2 is probably the preferred option. I have not been able to work my way through how to do either of these.

Is there a way to do what I need to do? I don't want to filter the data, I need to show it all.
Ryan
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 15 Mar 2012
3 answers
191 views
Hello,

I need to vary the color of the Bars in bar chart in silverlight telerik report.

I have attached the screen shot which provide more idea what i need.

Thanks,
Hiren
Hadib Ahmabi
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 15 Mar 2012
1 answer
201 views
Does Telerik reporting change the report size paperkind automatically based off of the users printer settings?  For example, if I design the report using letter paperkind, and a user in Europe goes to export the report to PDF, does the reporting engine know to convert it to A4 if that is what thier default printer uses?

Essentially, the problem I am facing is I designed the report based on one measurement (letter), but when Europeans export the document to PDF, its in the A4 measurement.  So the margins are wider in the A4 measurement.

Any best practices when designing reports for multiple users who use different paper sizes.  All reports are always viewed in PDF.
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Mar 2012
3 answers
104 views

 

Hello,
 

We are using version Q2 2011 of telerik reporting.


I am using the Silverlight report viewer in my application and we are using our own controls outside of the viewer to feed in report parameters. This has worked well so far and the BeginRender event is working fine.

However we now have a requirement for a report that drills through to another report and I need to update our criteria selectors to reflect the new parameter values that are used. When the drill through report starts to load the BeginRender event fires on the client so I know that they have drilled through, but the args that are passed do not contain the parameters that were used.

If there any way to get the parameter values? Will this be addressed in a future release?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Travis

Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Mar 2012
1 answer
137 views
Hi,

I have created a report using table. 
At present:I am getting

column1  column2  column3
-----------------------------
fruit         apple         red
fruit        banana       green
fruit        mango       yellow
car         toyota       black
car         nissan        silver

What I want is:

column1  column2  column3
-----------------------------
fruit         apple         red
              banana       green
              mango       yellow
car         toyota       black
              nissan        silver

So as you can see, grouped column is getting repeated for all grouped rows. However I want it to appear only once.
Heres my code :


// coll is a collection  & my datasource
 this.table1.DataSource = coll;
            
             TableGroup group = new TableGroup { Name = "Territory" };
                group.Groupings.Add(new Telerik.Reporting.Data.Grouping("=Fields.Territory"));
 
  
                //Remove the detail group
                var detailGroup = table1.RowGroups[0];
                table1.RowGroups.Clear();
  
                //Add the detail group as a child to the AgeGroup (nest it)
                group.ChildGroups.Add(detailGroup);
                group.GroupKeepTogether = true;
                //Add the AgeGroup
                table1.RowGroups.Add(group);
 Any suggestions ?
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Mar 2012
5 answers
315 views

Hello All,
    I am creating a bar chart. The datasource is a datatable having values. The X-Axis has the date and the Y-Axis has values. When done this way the Datapoints are being displayed on top of each bar. I do not want to display the Datapoint value. How do I disable this? I had check the example they had given "
chartSeries.Appearance.LabelAppearance.Visible = false;"(doesnot support). Is there any way the I can remove the datapoints.
    Any how I am able to disable if I create series and populate by giving " chart1.Series[1].Appearance.LabelAppearance.Visible = false;" but the problem in this is that I am not able to populate the X-axis with date it asks for a double " item1.XValue = Convert.ToDateTime(TableValues.Rows[i]["StartTime"]).ToOADate();" in this the displayvalue in the chart comes as year 1899, the value passed was “
TableValues.Rows[i]["StartTime"]= 2011-11-10 17:10:00". How do I plot values for relevant date?

 

Code:

Telerik.Reporting.Charting.ChartSeries chartSeries1 = new Telerik.Reporting.Charting.ChartSeries();

            for (int i = 0; i < TableValues.Rows.Count; i++)

            {

                Telerik.Reporting.Charting.ChartSeriesItem item1 = new Telerik.Reporting.Charting.ChartSeriesItem();

                item1.YValue = Convert.ToDouble(TableValues.Rows[i]["AlarmCount"]);

                item1.XValue = Convert.ToDateTime(TableValues.Rows[i]["StartTime"]).ToOADate();

 

                chartSeries1.Items.Add(item1);

            }

 

            this.InitiatedChart.Series.AddRange(new Telerik.Reporting.Charting.ChartSeries[] {

            chartSeries1});

 

       The other is that what is the max number of values the graph can hold. The graph does not display for 16,000 points.


I am using visual studio 2010, Telerik Reporting (licensed -TV446243)
Saravanan
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 15 Mar 2012
1 answer
210 views
Hi there,

I have a report with 2 groups and want to use a count from the inner group in the grouping of the outer group.

For example, the raw data is like this:

Customer          Order ID
Customer A        Order 1
Customer B        Order 2
Customer B        Order 3
Customer C        Order 4
Customer C        Order 5
Customer D        Order 6
Customer D        Order 7
Customer D        Order 8

I can group by customer and use the COUNT aggregate function to get the following:

Customer          Order Count
Customer A        1 order
Customer B        2 orders
Customer C        2 orders
Customer D        3 orders           

However, I want to add another group outside this where the grouping is based on the Order Count from the inner group:

Order Count        Customer Count
1 order                    1 customer
2 orders                  2 customers
3 orders                  1 customer

But you can't use an aggregate function in the grouping field when you set a group up.

Do you know of any work arounds?

Thanks, Jon
Elian
Telerik team
 answered on 14 Mar 2012
2 answers
402 views
Telerik reports doesn't support Segoe UI Symbol & Segoe UI Semibold fonts by default. Can we add these fonts to the reports? Can anybody guide me on this?
Pavan
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 14 Mar 2012
4 answers
258 views
I'm using a couple of SQL data sources to populate parameters for a Telerik report. Some of these queries are loaded on very large databases and take upwards of of a minute to execute. I don't have a problem with that, but once values are selected by a user and the Preview button is clicked (in the Web Viewer) it takes even longer to generate the report. I couldn't understand why this was happening, as the resulting queries execute in a couple of seconds, so I started SQL profiler and discovered that the initial queries to populate the SQL data sources assigned to the parameters execute unnecessarily when you click that Preview button. 

Is this expected behavior? Is there a way to prevent this from happening? I'd appreciate any help you could offer on the subject.

Thanks.
Andrew
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 14 Mar 2012
2 answers
134 views
I have a single report viewer that I use to show multiple reports. In each of the reports I have a text box called FooterTextBox which places text with the footer of the report at run time. I get errors in the Error List: 'FooterTextBox' is not  a member of 'Telerik.Reporting.Report' of the VS 2010 IDE.

If I ignore the errors during build time the program runs fine and can change the footer text with no issues. However when I am building additional reports the build fails (in the preview) unless I comment out these lines ?        

If Me.FooterTextbox.Text <> "" Then

            myReport.FooterTextBox.Value = Me.FooterTextbox.Text
        Else
            myReport.FooterTextBox.Value = "Printed copies are uncontrolled documents."
        End If 


Report code:

        Dim myReport As Telerik.Reporting.Report = Nothing
        Select Case ReportDDL.SelectedItem.Value
            Case "OSHAItembyPersonnelReport"
                myReport = New OSHAItembyEmployeeReport
                Exit Select
            Case "OSHAItems"
                myReport = New OSHAItems
                Exit Select
            Case "OSHAItemDue"
                myReport = New OSHAItemDue
                Exit Select
        End Select
        Me.ReportViewer1.Report = myReport

        If Me.FooterTextbox.Text <> "" Then
            myReport.FooterTextBox.Value = Me.FooterTextbox.Text
        Else
            myReport.FooterTextBox.Value = "Printed copies are uncontrolled documents."
        End If

        Me.ReportViewer1.RefreshReport()
        Me.ReportViewer1.Report = myReport

Andy
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 13 Mar 2012
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?