Telerik Forums
Reporting Forum
3 answers
229 views
I have to export a radgridview (winforms) with an image column.
I have stored in sql database the image and I defined the column like this:
gv.MasterTemplate.Columns["image"].Width = 120;
gv.MasterTemplate.Columns["image"].DataType = typeof(Image);
gv.MasterTemplate.Columns["image"].ImageLayout = ImageLayout.Zoom;

I can see the images without problem in the radgridview, but if I try to export grid with telerik reporting (Q3 2011), I cannot see image (in the column cells it write "System.Drawing.Bitmap")
this is the code that I use when I create the table to export from the masterview:
System.IO.MemoryStream stmBLOBData = new System.IO.MemoryStream((byte[])gridViewTemplate.Rows[row].Cells[cell].Value);
Image image = Image.FromStream(stmBLOBData);
tableRow[cell] = image;

thanks all,
Marco







Ivan Petrov
Telerik team
 answered on 08 Mar 2012
16 answers
833 views
Hello community,

is it possible to use Telerik Reporting with Microsoft's Entity Framework? I tried it, but the report couldn't retrieve data from the database.
If it is possible could somebody give me directions how to do it or where to investigate further?

Thanks in advance and kind regards,

Gerald
Chris
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 07 Mar 2012
0 answers
167 views
Hello,

will inheritance work / full supported in the new Report Designer?

Thank you,
Manuel
Manuel
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 06 Mar 2012
3 answers
134 views
Hello,

I´m designing various letters in different reports and each must contain the same Header (e.g. a merchant logo or address).
Since it´s not possible to put a subreport in the "PageHeaderSection" i´m wondering how to solve this.


Edit: I´ve read the other posts about inheriting from a BaseReport. But the samples don´t work since they´re from an older version. Can someone provide a new sample please.
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 06 Mar 2012
2 answers
278 views
Hello,

I want to set page header height by binding on my report.
I tryed to use a help function as below:

 

 

        Public Shared Function GetHeaderPageHeight(pageNumber As Integer) As Telerik.Reporting.Drawing.Unit
            If pageNumber = 1 Then
                Return New Unit(10, Telerik.Reporting.Drawing.UnitType.Cm)
            Else
                Return New Unit(20, Telerik.Reporting.Drawing.UnitType.Cm)
            End If
        End Function

 
On binding dialog I set the property Height as my help function, but isn't work.
Please, tell me what I do wrong.

Thanks a lot, excuse my bad english.



Elian
Telerik team
 answered on 06 Mar 2012
0 answers
185 views
Hai !

   I am creating new Report dynamically in ClassLibrary.I have Serialized the Report in XML format .I have no Idea  for how to display the report after deserialization in reportVIewer?


Serialization code:
 
 private void button1_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
        {
            ForSerialization report = new ForSerialization();
            using (System.Xml.XmlWriter xmlWriter = System.Xml.XmlWriter.Create("c:/tmp/SerializedReport.xml"))
            {
                System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer xmlSerializer = new System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer(typeof(Telerik.Reporting.Report));
 
                xmlSerializer.Serialize(xmlWriter, report);
            }
        }
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
deserialization:
 
  private void button2_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
        {
 
            using (System.Xml.XmlReader xmlReader = System.Xml.XmlReader.Create("c:/tmp/SerializedReport.xml"))
            {
                System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer xmlSerializer = new System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer(typeof(Telerik.Reporting.Report));
 
                Telerik.Reporting.Report report = (Telerik.Reporting.Report)xmlSerializer.Deserialize(xmlReader);
                 
              
            }
gowthami
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 06 Mar 2012
3 answers
125 views
One of our users is reporting that when they select the export option (pdf, excel etc) the link for "Export" does not enable.  No one else has this problem.  Has anyone seen this, and do you have any idea how to resolve it?  Paging works fine for example.
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 06 Mar 2012
1 answer
87 views
I have a nested List(three layers in total) where the detail list or the deepest layer just display all the rows in one page. How can I control the row size in each Page?

Please help

Thanks
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 06 Mar 2012
1 answer
167 views
I am attempting to embed the telerik report viewer into an existing web application and am having problems with the report viewer not displaying correctly (see attachment toolbar.jpg).
I have done plenty of searching around the various forums and have come to the conclusion that the reason for the toolbar not being displayed correctly is because the page's HEAD tag does not contain runat="server".
Unfortunately, our web project requires that runat="server" cannot be set in the head (as other aspects of the application will fail). IS there a way to get the report viewer working in this way?
I have attached the HTML code for a test app which simulates this behaviour.
<head>
    <title></title>
</head>
<body>
    <form id="form1" runat="server">
    <div>
        <telerik:ReportViewer ID="rptViewer" runat="server" SkinsPath="skins" Skin="orange">
        </telerik:ReportViewer>
    </div>
    </form>
</body>
</html>


Many thanks in advance

MIke
 
Chris Gillies
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 06 Mar 2012
6 answers
361 views
Hello,

I try to programmically set  the default file name of my PDF report export but it doesn't work well. I read, on this forum, I have to set the DocumentName of the Report. But it doesn't work. When the dialog box appeared after selecting "Acrobat (PDF) File" in the toolbox of the report viewer, the file name is empty.
I try to set the default file name in the designer, in the constructor, in the OnRenderBegin method, but the file name is still empty.

Is it a bug or I missed something ? I am using the ReportViewer in Silverlight 5 ( version : Telerik_Reporting_Q1_2012_v6_0_12_215) and I use a ReportService.svc file to generate the report.

Thank you for your help.

Gilles
Gilles
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 05 Mar 2012
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?