Telerik Forums
Reporting Forum
1 answer
366 views
Dear,

I have made a cross tab report which has drill down both in columns and rows. Now the problem is that when I export this report to pdf; some unnecessary blank pages are inserted in pdf. Also sometimes the column widths become extra long; longer than the design time column length. This behaviour is different with different no. of columns as i drill down on column wise. Sometimes there are blank pages and sometimes there are not. Please help me how to resolve this. I shall be greatful for your quick response.

Regards,
Tehseen
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 05 Mar 2012
1 answer
176 views
Hi,

I've succesfully got a crosstab working where each row contains the date and number of log-on's for that date which is taken for a dataset containing a single table, e.g.
Date, LogOns
01/01/2012, 500
02/01/2012, 541
03,01,2012, 234



I'm now trying to expand this so that I now have an addition dataset which contains number of tables where each table contains a breakdown for each day
//Breakdown table for 01/01/2012
Time, Count
1am, 30
2am, 50
and so forth

//Breakdown table for 02/01/2012
Time, Count
1am, 90
2am, 10
and so forth

// same for Breakdown table for 03/01/2012

The problem I'm having is that all of my bar charts only use the first table in my new datasource rather than the chart in row 1 using the first table, chart in row 2 using the 2nd table and so forth.  Is there a way to automatically specify that each new row uses the next table in the datasource?  Or am i going to have to create the crosstab and all of its comments manually in code by iterting through each table and adding new rows each time?

many thanks,
Elian
Telerik team
 answered on 05 Mar 2012
1 answer
905 views
Hi,

I moved to a new machine, and all is well except for reporting. I have removed and re-added the DLLs and References to no avail. 
The installer for reporting ran fine. I am running Visual Studio 2008, .net Framework 3.5, and the web.config entries for reporting are 

 <system.webServer>

....

 <handlers>

 ....

      <add name="Telerik.ReportViewer.axd_*" path="Telerik.ReportViewer.axd" verb="*" type="Telerik.ReportViewer.WebForms.HttpHandler, Telerik.ReportViewer.WebForms, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=a9d7983dfcc261be" preCondition="integratedMode,runtimeVersionv2.0" />

    </handlers>


This project worked on another machine fine, so I am guessing there is some subtle missing piece here. all other telerik products such as RadChart, grid, etc. work fine. Thanks.
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 05 Mar 2012
4 answers
241 views
Dear All
I create Telerik application and when I publish it to the server I found this problem : 
 the web ReportViewer looks messed up no images no toolbar 
I try to make all the checks in the documentaion but it not work and it works in my pc but for server its not work 
Server is :
OS : windows server 2008 , IIS7
I attached the photo for error and that is the web.config settings :

 

<httpHandlers>
   <remove path="*.asmx" verb="*" />
   <add path="*.asmx" verb="*" type="System.Web.Script.Services.ScriptHandlerFactory, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35" validate="false" />
   <add path="*_AppService.axd" verb="*" type="System.Web.Script.Services.ScriptHandlerFactory, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35" validate="false" />
   <add path="ScriptResource.axd" verb="GET,HEAD" type="System.Web.Handlers.ScriptResourceHandler, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35" validate="false" />
   <add path="ChartImage.axd" verb="*" type="Telerik.Web.UI.ChartHttpHandler" validate="false" />
   <add path="Telerik.Web.UI.SpellCheckHandler.axd" verb="*" type="Telerik.Web.UI.SpellCheckHandler" validate="false" />
   <add path="Telerik.Web.UI.DialogHandler.aspx" verb="*" type="Telerik.Web.UI.DialogHandler" validate="false" />
   <add path="Telerik.RadUploadProgressHandler.ashx" verb="*" type="Telerik.Web.UI.RadUploadProgressHandler" validate="false" />
   <add path="Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource.axd" verb="*" type="Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource" validate="false" />
   <add path="Telerik.ReportViewer.axd" verb="*" type="Telerik.ReportViewer.WebForms.HttpHandler, Telerik.ReportViewer.WebForms, Version=5.3.11.1222, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=a9d7983dfcc261be" validate="true" preCondition="integratedMode,runtimeVersionv2.0"/>
  
  
  
  </httpHandlers>
        <httpModules>
            <add name="ScriptModule" type="System.Web.Handlers.ScriptModule, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35" />
      <!--<add name="RadUploadModule" type="Telerik.Web.UI.RadUploadHttpModule"/>
      <add name="RadCompression" type="Telerik.Web.UI.RadCompression"/>-->
        </httpModules>
and that is the header for page  (Note I am useing masterpage) :
<%@ Register assembly="Telerik.ReportViewer.WebForms, Version=5.3.11.1222, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=a9d7983dfcc261be" namespace="Telerik.ReportViewer.WebForms" tagprefix="telerik" %>
  
  
   
<asp:Content ID="Content1" ContentPlaceHolderID="head" runat="server">
Mohamed
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 05 Mar 2012
1 answer
1.7K+ views
Hi,

I need to put soem text eg : 'xxx' + =fields.value into a single textbox. can you please let me know how?
Ibraim
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 03 Mar 2012
1 answer
82 views
This following line doesn't work because this.subReport1.Items has nothing in there.

Telerik.Reporting.

 

SubReport grandChildSubReport = this.subReport1.Items.Find("subReport2", true)[0] as Telerik.Reporting.SubReport;

Please help

Thanks

 

SHANE
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 02 Mar 2012
6 answers
355 views
I've installed Telerik reporting just now.(actually I've installed it 3 times now, because it doesn't work.)  I can't drag the report viewer control to a .aspx page.  Why is that?  The machine next to me works fine, and the developer told me he had a very hard time getting the report configuration to actually work.  Why?  He doesn't remember what he did, but it took him a long time to actually get telerik reporting configured in VS2010.  What are the Exact steps to follow to get telerik reporting actually working?  I've followed all the documentation, which doesn't work as I just mentioned.  So, what needs to be done exactly?  Any, why isn't this posted along with the documentation? 
Jorge Sanchez
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 02 Mar 2012
3 answers
862 views
New to these specific reporting controls, and that "ah ah" moment just hasn't arrived. Creating the class for a report, generating the datasource, setting up the parameters makes sense but getting it to work with parameters in designer is eluding me. I want to pass in a "begin" and "end" date for the data I pull, so I've set up the parameters in the datasource as @dtstrDate and @dtendDate, with DbType as Date and the Value as "=Parameters.startDate.Value" and "= Parameters.endDate.Value" respectively.

The query:

SELECT        w.Firstname, w.Lastname, wf.Login, wf.Logout, DATEDIFF(hour, wf.Login, wf.Logout) AS Hours
FROM            Workers AS w INNER JOIN
                       Workflow AS wf ON wf.LoggedInWorkerid = w.ID
WHERE        (wf.Login >= @dtstrtDate) AND (wf.Logout <= @dtendDate)


I've tested it in SQL Server with

DECLARE @dtstrtDate AS DateTime
SET @dtstrtDate = '02/13/2012'
DECLARE @dtendDate AS DateTime
SET @dtendDate = '02/17/2012'
 
SELECT w.Firstname, w.Lastname, SUM(DATEDIFF(hour, wf.Login, wf.Logout)) AS Hours
FROM Workers AS w JOIN Workflow AS wf ON wf.LoggedInWorkerid = w.ID
WHERE wf.Login >= @dtstrtDate AND wf.Logout <= @dtendDate
GROUP BY w.Lastname, w.FirstName


... and it works just fine.

In the Configure DataSource Parameters
Name                   DbType                     Value
@dtstrtDate         Date                          =Parameters.startDate.Value
@dtendDate        Date                          =Parameters.endDate.Value

Design Time Parameters
Name                 Value
@dtstrtDate       =02/13/2012 (and I've tried putting these values in single quotes as well)
@dtendDate      =02/17/2012

I've tried setting the DbType to string, as well on the designer, setting the startDate and endDate members in the ReportParameter collection to DateTime and String, and even using the CDate function to wrap the Parameters.startDate.Value i.e = CDate(Parameters.startDate.Value)...When I try to execute the query in the designer I get "Conversion failed when converting date/and or time from character string." What am I doing incorrectly?


Elian
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Mar 2012
1 answer
233 views
I have been reading threads about setting a subreport's datasource.   I am confused about where to set it programmatically.  Some threads show it being set after the Master report InitialComponent() event.  Some threads show it via the subrpt_NeedDataSource or Subrpt_ItemDatabaBinding within the parent report class file.  Others show it being set in the Subreport's class file in its NeedDataSource or Item Databinding event.

Could someone please tell me where to set the subreport datasource?

Elian
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Mar 2012
1 answer
341 views
hi

been wondering if i can use a dictionary of the format dictionary<string,list<sqlToLinqClass>> as the datasource id so how can i retrive the values from the list.. or there is a better method..

Regards
Saneesh
Elian
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Mar 2012
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?