Telerik Forums
Reporting Forum
1 answer
242 views
Hello All,

There is a column named "levelID", which is prepared by my DB and return to my report. The values range from 0 to 4.
Now I setup the left Padding in the cell "binding" as Style.padding.left=CStr(0.1*Fields.levelID)+'in'.which does not work.
Then i removed the "in", just setup the padding as 0.1* fields.levelID, but still not working.

Who can share some ideas on this?
Thanks in advance
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 28 Aug 2012
1 answer
372 views
Hello All,

My report requests a simple feature of "Toggle Visibility".

My data looks like Pic1(Attached).

I setup 2 groups in my report(parent and detail)

On the parent level, i setup the toggle visibility on the first cell. When the report is browsed as initial expanding, it looks good as attachment pic2.--But i wanna archive if no children under the group item, can I hide the "+" or "-" signs.

The worse part is (See attacment Pic3.) , when i collapsed the toggle item, it automatically shows me the "total line" , which is not expected becasue the calculation is not the simple adding up by the detail items. In the data set reurned to report , i have calculated the so-called "summary" by a complex business logic. can I not display this "total line" when I collapse the toggle item.

Also, BTW, I hide the rows in detail group if the children name is equal to the parent name. That is why , initially, the "commissions" line only shows on my group header level, which is expected.
IvanY
Telerik team
 answered on 28 Aug 2012
2 answers
937 views
I have urgent requirement to make a automated reporting system and I am trying to create a report programmatically using telerik reporting.
So, far I was able to create group but not able to add group footer so that I can show sum, avg etc.
My code is:
 Telerik.Reporting.TextBox txtGroupHeader = new Telerik.Reporting.TextBox();
            Telerik.Reporting.TextBox txtGroupTotal;// = new Telerik.Reporting.TextBox();
            toggleVisibilityAction1 = new Telerik.Reporting.ToggleVisibilityAction();


            txtGroupHeader.Action = toggleVisibilityAction1;
            toggleVisibilityAction1.DisplayExpandedMark = false;


            // Required for telerik Reporting designer support


            InitializeComponent();


            TableGroup group = new TableGroup();
            Telerik.Reporting.TableGroup tableGroup4 = new Telerik.Reporting.TableGroup();
            Telerik.Reporting.TableGroup tableGroup5 = new Telerik.Reporting.TableGroup();
            group.Name = "Season";
            group.Groupings.AddRange(new Telerik.Reporting.Grouping[] {
            new Telerik.Reporting.Grouping("=Fields.Season")});
            group.Sortings.AddRange(new Telerik.Reporting.Sorting[] {
            new Telerik.Reporting.Sorting("=Fields.Season", Telerik.Reporting.SortDirection.Asc)});


            txtGroupHeader.Name = "txtGroupHeader";
            txtGroupHeader.Size = new Telerik.Reporting.Drawing.SizeU(Telerik.Reporting.Drawing.Unit.Cm(3.9314577579498291D),  Telerik.Reporting.Drawing.Unit.Cm(0.43585944175720215D));<br>
            txtGroupHeader.Style.BackgroundColor = System.Drawing.Color.Red;
            txtGroupHeader.Style.BorderStyle.Bottom = Telerik.Reporting.Drawing.BorderType.Solid;
            txtGroupHeader.Style.Color = System.Drawing.Color.White;
            txtGroupHeader.Style.Font.Bold = true;
            txtGroupHeader.StyleName = "";
            txtGroupHeader.Value = "=Fields.Season";
            tableGroup4.Groupings.AddRange(new Telerik.Reporting.Grouping[] {
            new Telerik.Reporting.Grouping(null)});
            group.Sortings.AddRange(new Telerik.Reporting.Sorting[] {
            new Telerik.Reporting.Sorting("=Fields.Season", Telerik.Reporting.SortDirection.Asc)});
            tableGroup4.Name = "Details";
            tableGroup5.Name = "Group1s";
            //group.ChildGroups.Add(tableGroup4);
            //group.ChildGroups.Add(tableGroup5);
            //this.table1.Body.Rows.Add(new Telerik.Reporting.TableBodyRow(Telerik.Reporting.Drawing.Unit.Cm(1)));<br>
            this.table1.Corner.SetCellContent(0, 0, txtGroupHeader);
            this.table1.Items.Add(txtGroupHeader);
            group.ReportItem = txtGroupHeader;
            //Remove the detail group
            TableGroup detailGroup = table1.RowGroups[0];
            table1.RowGroups.Clear();
            //detailGroup.Visible = false;
            toggleVisibilityAction1.Targets.AddRange(new Telerik.Reporting.IToggleVisibilityTarget[] {
            detailGroup});
            //Add the detail group as a child to the AgeGroup (nest it)
            group.ChildGroups.Add(detailGroup);
            table1.RowGroups.Add(group);
---------------------


I tried finding help with visual studio generated code but to no avail. Please help as it is urgent. 
IvanY
Telerik team
 answered on 28 Aug 2012
1 answer
218 views
Hi i have created a Telerik report, with parameters SellerID , i have incorporated it into my program and if the user selects a seller they will be able to view the report of that seller, i have also added in a bulk mailer so for all selected users the reports are mailed to the respected sellers, now i need to insert a bulk print , so if the user selects 10 or 15 sellers reports to print how would i code this into my app?

Please HELP
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 28 Aug 2012
1 answer
66 views
I using the telerik web report viewer to display a simple report and the user tends to print it out every time.

Most of the time the printed copy shows up fine but on occasion, the text is all messed up. Not the labels on the report but the actual text for the data.

Any clue to what might cause this problem? I've attached a scan of one of these messed up reports.

Any help is much appreciated.

Loy.
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 28 Aug 2012
0 answers
133 views
HI
       i have problem with master detail report. I want to merge the parameters of master report to the detail report(like crystal Datalink).








Thanks
Dhamodharan
Dhamodharan
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 28 Aug 2012
0 answers
78 views
hello
i have a problem with data source data
while i want add a new data source show up  this error:
An error  occurred while retrieving the information from the database: The type initializer for 'Microsoft.VisualStudio.DataDesign.SyncDesigner.SyncFacade.SyncTableConfigManager' threw an exception.
i reinstall vs 2008 sp1,but don't solve my trouble.
plz,help me anybody.
thanks.
Zahra
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 28 Aug 2012
1 answer
68 views
Hi all:

I was wondering if there was a good practice in showing the total number of rows being returned within the ProgressText property of a reportviewer control.

It would be displayed like so:

"Getting 200 of 2000 records" - something to that effect;

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 28 Aug 2012
1 answer
194 views
I previously had code to hide my subreports if they are empty.  This code gets an warning now. 

'Public ReadOnly Property ChildElements As Telerik.Reporting.Processing.ProcessingElement.ElementCollection' is obsolete: 'The Telerik.Reporting.Processing.ProcessingElement.ChildElements property is now obsolete. Use Telerik.Reporting.Processing.ElementTreeHelper.GetChildElements() method instead.'

I have looked into the GetChildElements information, but I cannot convert this code properly to remove the warnings.  What is the new way of doing this?

Private Sub subFilesAttached_ItemDataBound(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As EventArgs) _
    Handles subFilesAttached.ItemDataBound
    Dim subReport As SubReport = sender
    Dim report As Processing.Report = subReport.InnerReport
    subReport.Visible = report.ChildElements.Find("detail", True).Length > 0
End Sub
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 27 Aug 2012
1 answer
108 views
Hi..
I'm trying to increase the size of my datapoint but the following has no effect. I would like large points.

   // visually enhance the data points
            seriesDATA.Appearance.PointMark.Visible = true;
            seriesDATA.Appearance.PointMark.Dimensions.Width = 255;
            seriesDATA.Appearance.PointMark.Dimensions.Height = 255;
            seriesDATA.Appearance.PointMark.FillStyle.MainColor = Color.Blue;
        

What am I doing wrong?  thanks again

Elian
Telerik team
 answered on 27 Aug 2012
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?