This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

VS auto upgrade to Q2 2012

2 Answers 78 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Matthew Hile
Top achievements
Rank 1
Matthew Hile asked on 26 Jul 2012, 02:01 PM
I have been using Reporting Q2 2011 in VS 2010 and am wanting upgrade to the newest version. Previously I would download the msi, install it and VS would ask if I wanted to upgrade.

This time I needed to use the TelerikControlPanel to get the version installed. However, VS did not offer to auto upgrade and when I selected the upgrade wizard from VS I got the error message "There are no references to upgrade in the current solution!"

I found the instructions for the manual upgrade here http://www.telerik.com/support/kb/reporting/general/upgrading-to-a-newer-version-of-telerik-reporting.aspx but before proceeding want to see if I was missing something obvious.

Thanks,

Matthew

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Accepted
Steve
Telerik team
answered on 26 Jul 2012, 02:04 PM
Hi Matthew,

You should not experience such problems with the latest internal build v.6.1.12.717. Please download it from your account, close all Visual Studio instances and install it on top of the existing Q2 installation (i.e. no need to uninstall previous version). This should resolve the problem with the Upgrade Wizard not being able to find references for upgrade.

All the best,
Steve
the Telerik team

BLOGGERS WANTED! Write a review about Telerik Reporting or the new Report Designer, post it on your blog and get a complimentary license for Telerik Reporting. We’ll even promote your blog and help bring you a few fresh readers. Yes, it’s that simple. And it’s free. Get started today >

Tomica
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 17 Aug 2012, 01:49 AM
I had the same problem, upgraded to the internal 807 build and the wizard worked like a charm!

It is nice to see ongoing enhancements targeted towards a developer's infrastructure needs, and the new Control Panel and Upgrade Wizards are a vast improvement, bringing internal support up to the level of quality in RAD ASP.NET and Reporting products.
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Matthew Hile
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Steve
Telerik team
Tomica
Top achievements
Rank 2