Telerik Forums
Reporting Forum
3 answers
197 views
I created the report using Telerik reporting and Object Data Source. The report is shown on Web using Telerik Report Viewer. It works fine from Visual Studio in IE. After deployment it works in Google Chrome, but does not work in IE 9 (version 9.0.8112). The Report Viewer shows error : Report is unavailable or session has expired
The cookies are enabled and the security level is low.

Lily Polenov


 


Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 03 Sep 2012
1 answer
180 views
Hi,

I am dynamically builting a query in sql server based on the parameters from the main report and running the subreport for every item in the same groups resulting in Subreport not showing data.
But when i run the subreport seperatly with the same set of parameters but for single item in a group i get data.

I am thinking that it might be due to timeout in the report.I have change the command timout but still sub report does not return any data for 2 grouping scenarion but rest of the two sub report generates data.

Can you please help me or assit me how to fix this issue.
Chavdar
Telerik team
 answered on 03 Sep 2012
3 answers
228 views
I switched on loggin on my devenv so that I can trace some of the errors that I received. 

I noticed that I get this error very often:
"*** ProcessReport #0 STARTED ***
ESS: Failed to load ExternalStyleSheet with resource name Styles\ReportStyleSheet.xml from assembly, because Telerik.Reporting.Design.VisualStudio.ResourceResolutionService did not provide an assembly to search in."

The file exists and the style sheet is applied to the report without any problems.

Should I be worried about this error?

Thank you

Jaco
Jaco Hamilton-Attwell
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 03 Sep 2012
3 answers
471 views
Hi i'm trying to make a report with some functions on it, but i need the field value and two report parameters (date from, date to), but it always gives to me this error when i run it

An error has ocuured while processing TextBox 'asistenciasDataTextBox':
The expression contains undefined function call Asistencias().


I double checked and i have that function in my class, here it is

public static string Asistencias(string cedula, DateTime desde, DateTime hasta)
        {
            string WDcon = ConfigurationManager.ConnectionStrings["WindowsFormsApplication2.Properties.Settings.DBGriauleConnectionString"].ConnectionString;
            //Llamo la conexion SQL
            SqlConnection Wdcon_usuario = new SqlConnection(WDcon);
            SqlCommand usuario = new SqlCommand();
            SqlDataReader usuarioDR = null;
            //Instancio la conexion SQL
            usuario.Connection = Wdcon_usuario;
 
            //Registro el Query SQL
            usuario.CommandText = "SELECT COUNT(*) AS Expr1 FROM asistencias WHERE (ID = @cedula) AND (asistio = 1) AND (fecha >= @desde) AND (fecha <= @hasta)";
            usuario.Parameters.AddWithValue("@cedula", cedula);
            usuario.Parameters.AddWithValue("@desde", desde);
            usuario.Parameters.AddWithValue("@hasta", hasta);
 
            //Abro la conexion
            Wdcon_usuario.Open();
 
            //Ejecuto la consulta
            usuarioDR = usuario.ExecuteReader();
            int respuesta = 0;
 
            while (usuarioDR.Read())
            {
                respuesta = (int)usuarioDR["Expr1"];
            }
 
            Wdcon_usuario.Close();
            return respuesta.ToString();
        }
 
And changed the Field Value, when i run it, it doesn't work, is something wrong???

= WindowsFormsApplication2.Funciones.Asistencias(Fields.Asistencias, Parameters.DESDE.Value, Parameters.HASTA.Value)
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 03 Sep 2012
1 answer
207 views
Hi,

I'm currently evaluating your reporting product, for ASP.NET Webforms, and have a few of questions:
(Just one question now:)

1. When designing a report, is it possible to initialize a multvalue parameter with multiple values? I can do this at run-time using an array but I can't see how to do it at design-time.

ETA: Ignore 2, 3 and 4, I have the answers.

2. Is it possible to specify the delimiter for the .csv export? If not, is there an event I can handle when the export is complete so that I can change the delimiter of the saved file?
[The delimiter can either be set in web.config or using the deviceinfo when exporting programatically
See: http://www.telerik.com/help/reporting/programmatic-exporting-report.html]
See; http://www.telerik.com/help/reporting/device-information-settings-csv.html]

2. Is it possible to specify the delimiter for the .csv export? If not, is there an event I can handle when the export is complete so that I can change the delimiter of the saved file?

3. The client has a requirement to allow users to create a report based on _parts_ of other reports. I see that the subreport fits the bill for combining multiple full reports together. My first thought would be to present the user with a treeview of the type and name all the report parts - header, charts, tables etc. They would then check if they wanted a part included in the subreport. For all unchecked parts, I would changed the Visible property to false. Is this the best way to approach?

4. I saw elsewhere on the forum a solution for dynamically hiding columns in a report. The solution used a Crosstab. Is it also possible to do it with a Table?

Thanks
Elian
Telerik team
 answered on 03 Sep 2012
7 answers
514 views
As an avid user of SSRS this seems like it should be something really simple.

From the designer, I was able to create a new SQL datasource and bind a textbox value to a datasource column with zero effort. I cannot seem to get a chart to work correctly, though. I set the datasource of the chart to my SQL data source, and I go into the series editor (or via the chart property, add new series). The "Data bind series elements" section remains grayed out (disabled) and there are no values showing in the dropdown in the series editor. I've read the documentation on the Telerik getting started and the series documentation and it just doesn't seem to be working. Any help is appreciated!

Thanks.
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 03 Sep 2012
13 answers
252 views
Hello,

How do I add Telerik Reports to SharePoint (WSS 3.0 sp1)?  I currently have several reports already generated in ASP.NET 3.5 projects, referring to a local database, and need to know what the steps are to add them to a sharepoint site.

Thank you,
Chris
Rico
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 31 Aug 2012
2 answers
115 views
Hi, regards from Costa Rica,
We got Reporting Q2 20011. We are developing a track system of Courses and Record of our Diplomas.
Each Diploma has an ID, that identify: student, course, and Instructor.
There´s a table CONTROL DIPLOMA, with Course Data, Diploma ID, State Of Diploma., Student ID.
Also there ´s  a State Catalog, with values : No tPrinted, Printed, RePrinted, Override.

Printing Diplomas, I tried without success, when the user press my custom Print Button, catch the event and SAVE the state of the Diploma in a table CONTROL DIPLOMA. I can´t do it, because, the update code are at Server side, but we get launch Printer Window with javascript code recomended to use Custom Print Button.

Any ideas ?


P.D: Sorry, my english, my maternal language is ESPAÑOL, :-) Pura Vida.




Johnny
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 30 Aug 2012
2 answers
195 views
Hi,

I was unable to find this anywhere so I fooled around with it until I figured it out.
I noticed that setting the series text appearance does not seem to work in the Q1-2011 version of reporting. You can set the style and colors all you want but something overrides the style at Runtime.

I got around this by setting the style programmatically at run time in the chart_ItemDataBound event.

Private Sub Chart1_ItemDataBound(sender As Object, e As System.EventArgs) Handles Chart1.ItemDataBound
 
    Chart1.Series.Item(0).Appearance.TextAppearance.TextProperties.Color = System.Drawing.Color.FromArgb(CType(CType(252, Byte), Integer), CType(CType(186, Byte), Integer), CType(CType(47, Byte), Integer))
    Chart1.Series.Item(0).Appearance.TextAppearance.TextProperties.Font = New System.Drawing.Font("Verdana", 8.25!, CType((System.Drawing.FontStyle.Bold Or System.Drawing.FontStyle.Italic), System.Drawing.FontStyle))
    Chart1.Series.Item(1).Appearance.TextAppearance.TextProperties.Color = System.Drawing.Color.FromArgb(CType(CType(252, Byte), Integer), CType(CType(186, Byte), Integer), CType(CType(47, Byte), Integer))
    Chart1.Series.Item(1).Appearance.TextAppearance.TextProperties.Font = New System.Drawing.Font("Verdana", 8.25!, CType((System.Drawing.FontStyle.Bold Or System.Drawing.FontStyle.Italic), System.Drawing.FontStyle))
End Sub


The result of which seems to be that it sets the style formatting AFTER any override occurs on the design formatting.

I hope this is helpful to anyone out there having the same problem.

-Phil
Jon
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 30 Aug 2012
1 answer
230 views
Hello All,

Before I authored my report in report detail container, in that way, you can easily setup the conditional formatting on the detail entire row instead of on every text-box u dragged in. In order to avoid the paging(users prefer scrolling bar), I bind the data source on the table container and de-bind the data source on my report. By doing so, u can stay out of the pagination. However, I found I can not setup the conditional formatting on the table row(for example, I wanna archieve 'if field!isBorder=true then setup the bottom border') any longer.

Anyone has idea on this?
IvanY
Telerik team
 answered on 30 Aug 2012
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?