Telerik Forums
Reporting Forum
2 answers
266 views
I have a client who is happy with Telerik apart from the fact that the charts are rendered as images - this means there is no mouse hover functionality available.

Is it possible to render the charts as SVG or Canvas? If not, is it possible and/or feasible to embed Google charts into the report. I noticed that there is an HtmlTextbox control that in theory I could use.

Julian
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 04 Sep 2012
1 answer
92 views
Hi..
1. I get outofmemory exception on large reports over  500+ pages.
2. When I include a Chart and have have more than around  5000+ items  (datapoints) I get a chart outofMemoryExceptions

any ideas?
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Sep 2012
1 answer
380 views
Hello,

 I am not able to properly bind a DataTable to a report viewer that is embedded within a Sharepoint 2010 WebPart. (using Telerk.Reporting.dll version 6.1.12.820). I have bound the same data to a generic asp gridview without error.

I have followed the deployment/configuration steps for getting the report viewer to work properly within shareopint -- and it is appearing (just the underlying data is not that I'm binding is not).

I have also followed the instructions on how to bind a dataTable to a report viewer with no success.

http://www.telerik.com/help/reporting/object-data-source-how-to-bind-to-data-table.html

I have copied the code directly from this link (replacing the GetData() method with my own to create a simply 3 column, 1000 row table).

<%@ Control Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeBehind="ExportListUserControl.ascx.cs" Inherits="CADLibraryWebPart.ExportList.ExportListUserControl" %>

<%@ Register Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI, Version=2012.2.815.35, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=121fae78165ba3d4"

Namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" TagPrefix="telerik" %>

<%@ Register Assembly="Telerik.ReportViewer.WebForms, Version=6.1.12.820, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=a9d7983dfcc261be"

Namespace="Telerik.ReportViewer.WebForms" TagPrefix="telerik" %>

<div style="height: 500px;">

<telerik:ReportViewer ID="ReportViewer1" runat="server" style="border:1px solid #ccc;" width="99%" height="99%"></telerik:ReportViewer>

</div>

private DataTable createData()

{

DataSet ds = new DataSet();
ds.Tables.Add();

DataTable table = ds.Tables[0];

int columnCount = 3;

int rowCount = 1000;

//Add columns

for (int column = 0; column <= columnCount - 1; column++)

{

table.Columns.Add("Column" + (column + 1).ToString(), typeof(string));

}

//Add rows

for (int row = 0; row <= (rowCount - 1); row++)

{

string[] rowVals = (string[])Array.CreateInstance(typeof(string), columnCount);

DataRowCollection rowCollection = table.Rows;

for (int column = 0; column <= columnCount - 1; column++)

{

rowVals[column] = "value_" + (column + 1).ToString() + "_" + (row + 1).ToString();

}

table.Rows.Add(rowVals);

}

return ds.Tables[0];

}

private void BindTelerikReport()

{

// Creating and configuring the ObjectDataSource component:

var objectDataSource = new Telerik.Reporting.ObjectDataSource();

objectDataSource.DataSource = createData(); // GetData(); // GetData returns a DataSet with three tables

// Creating a new report

Telerik.Reporting.Report report = new Telerik.Reporting.Report();

// Assigning the ObjectDataSource component to the DataSource property of the report.

report.DataSource = objectDataSource;

// Use the InstanceReportSource to pass the report to the viewer for displaying

Telerik.Reporting.InstanceReportSource reportSource = new Telerik.Reporting.InstanceReportSource();

reportSource.ReportDocument = report;

// Assigning the report to the report viewer.

ReportViewer1.ReportSource = reportSource;

}

protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)

{

if (!Page.IsPostBack)

{

BindTelerikReport();

}

}

I would appreciate any help with this. Thanks you!


Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Sep 2012
6 answers
511 views

Hello Telerik Team,

I am presently converting my crystal reports to telerik reports.But previously crystal reports datasource was sql stored procedures and select statements but now
I am planning to have a datasource as sharepoint list.Is there any sample on how we can do that.
I appreciate your help.

Look forward from you.

Thank you
Smith

Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Sep 2012
1 answer
111 views
I am trying to upgrade to Q2 2012 but am getting some obsolete syntax errors (Warning 32 'Public Shared Widening Operator CType(report As Telerik.Reporting.Report) As Telerik.Reporting.ReportSource' is obsolete: 'The implicit Report to ReportSource conversion is obsolete. Please create InstanceReportSource instead.')
.
How do i correct this to use the create InstanceReportSource?

Me
.ProidersSubReport.ReportSource = Me.ReportFamiliesDetailProviderSub1
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Sep 2012
1 answer
163 views
I tried installing the latest report msi (also tried via the control panel) on Win8 and VS2012 pro. Both failed, the control panel said that .net 2 was needed. Any eta for when this will be ready for vs2012?

Robert
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Sep 2012
2 answers
165 views
I have created telerik report  and it repeats same chart  in 7 times.

Here for x axis,I have 7 diffrent values.Do you have any idea to solve this?
Gunasekar
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 04 Sep 2012
1 answer
224 views
I've looked around on the docs and threads, but I can't seem to figure out the best way to get data from a WCF webservice with parameters.  Of note, I'm using silverlight and can't bind my data to the report.

I create a Objectdatasource and it maps my return object ok when I add a service reference.  But I don't see how to add parameters to my  WCF webservice?

The examples I've seen only show web services with no parameters.

Do I need to do a binding for the datasource and then call my webservice in that?
        public static ObjectDataSource ChangeConnectionString(object reportItem)
        {
            var report = (reportItem as Telerik.Reporting.Processing.Report);
            var dataSource = (Telerik.Reporting.ObjectDataSource)report.DataSource;
MyService.MyClient client = ...
client.GetMyData(str1,str1);
//How do I bind it to my datasource?
return datasource;???


Or do I add parameters like this:
objectDataSource.Parameters.Add(new Telerik.Reporting.ObjectDataSourceParameter("productModelID", typeof(int), 23));

Are the parameters in quotes supposed to match the parmeters of the webservice?
Elian
Telerik team
 answered on 03 Sep 2012
3 answers
138 views
Let's say I have a report that contains a table, and a bar chart and a pie chart. Is it possible for me to render each item separately?

The reason I'm asking is so that a user can choose which tables and charts to include in a report.

Thanks

PS: This is for ASP.NET
IvanY
Telerik team
 answered on 03 Sep 2012
1 answer
180 views
I have created a report that gets processed at run time (there's almost nothing in the designer).
We allow our users to configure how data is grouped in the report (fieldText is the name of a column in the DataTable the report is bound to).
The trouble is, I get separate groups for "Washington" and "washington".
Is there a way to have that Grouping be case insensitive?
Thank you.


Here is the code:
string expr = string.Format("Fields.{0}", fieldText);
 
myGroup.Groupings.AddRange(new Telerik.Reporting.Grouping[]
{
    new Telerik.Reporting.Grouping(expr))
});
Elian
Telerik team
 answered on 03 Sep 2012
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?