Telerik Forums
Reporting Forum
1 answer
143 views
Hi.

Is it possible to investigate why a report that looks okay in the viewer has peculiar behavior when exported to the various formats? 

When exporting to pdf, it leaves a lot of blank pages.

When rendering to excel, I get this error message in the viewer:
Attempting to get range {1,64}{30,112},Merged=False,Parent=Tank3TestReport[0], that intersects with an already merged range.

When rendering to rtf, I get this error message in the viewer:
Invalid column index.

My situation is that I am creating a test report of where a surveyor is to inspect data on different tanks and to mark them checked and signed in the written report as he inspects them. 

I have an objectdatasource with a "Tanks" collection exposed as a property. I have bound against the objectmodel (not its "Tanks" property) because I need some other information from the objectmodel for the report header. The result is that the report renders the detail section only once, but this details section contains a list that has its Datasource bound to the "Tanks" property.


Other questions: Should I be considering other options for implementing the report? 
Should I use the Tanks property as the data source and then forward information to the report header through report parameters?
As the details of each tank spans about three pages, should I be using sub reports?
Chavdar
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Sep 2012
3 answers
180 views
Hello Adimn,

I am passing A multi Value  throught parameter to a stored procedure and When a multivalue is passed to a parameter it fails as you have too many arguments when ever i select multi value parameter.
Can you please assit me how to pass a Multi value parameter.


Thanks,
Ravi
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Sep 2012
3 answers
330 views
Hi all

I have been using telerik report Q1 2012 controls. I created a small report in my class library using telerik report Q1 2012 and and displayed the report in widnows forms application using telerik report viewer. Every thing is fine till now. Now I need to save the report in .trdx format in my system. How to display save button in report viewer and how can I save the report in the format mentioned above

Regards
Rajesh MV

Thomas
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 11 Sep 2012
1 answer
177 views
Hi all,

I'm trying to create a small line in a bar chart.
I've tried to use a marked zone but this creates a line over the whole of the chart.

I only need a line across a small part of the chart.

Attached are screenshot of how i would like it to work and how it looks right now.

ChartMarkedZone mZone = new ChartMarkedZone();
 
mZone.ValueStartY = 90;
mZone.ValueEndY = 90;
mZone.Appearance.Border.Color = Color.Red;
mZone.Appearance.Border.Width = 2;
 
chart_overzichtAantallen.PlotArea.MarkedZones.Add(mZone);
Chavdar
Telerik team
 answered on 10 Sep 2012
2 answers
133 views
Hello,

I am having some issues with the crosstab.  The issue seems to be in the way it is displaying the data.  It is showing one row per record found which is not correct.  First, here is the data I am referencing:

ID,RowIndex,ColIdx,Name,Amount,Category
3482,1,1,Tera,100,Fung
3482,1,2,Rid,200,Fung
3482,1,3,Man,100,Fung
3482,1,4,Vy,1,Inse
3482,1,6,Am,2,Inse
3482,1,8,Mon,55,Inse
3482,2,1,Tera,200,Fung
3482,2,3,Man,50,Fung
3482,2,5,WP,88,Inse
3482,2,9,Fu,66,Inse
3482,3,1,Tera,300,Fung
3482,3,2,Rid,100,Fung
3482,3,3,Man,80,Fung
3482,3,5,WP,5,Inse
3482,3,7,As,4,Inse
3482,3,8,Mon,5,Inse
3482,3,9,Fu,2,Inse
3482,4,4,Vy,45,Inse
3482,4,6,Am,66,Inse
3482,5,4,Vy,78,Inse
3482,5,6,Am,8888,Inse
3482,5,8,Mon,9999999,Inse
3482,5,9,Fu,87,Inse

I am setting up the crosstab as follows:
Row Group is: RowIndex
Detail Values: Sum(Amount)
Column Groups: Name

What am i doing wrong here or how do i need to format my data to have it output correctly.  

I hope I have provided enough information here and if not please let me know.  

Thanks
Aaron
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 10 Sep 2012
3 answers
414 views
I have a report which I want to be seen in two pages. One for each sections of the report. Loans section in one page and summary on other page. Is it possible?
Роберт
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 07 Sep 2012
0 answers
120 views
Hi, when I use more than one table in  the report, I have met the problem as the title descripes ,could you give me some advice? Thank you very much!
Wan
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 07 Sep 2012
2 answers
405 views
Hi 
i have 1 report with 2 subreports. one of the subreport has 2 sqldatasources. based on the main reports fields pick the datasource out of 2 .

i am ausing needdatasource event in subreport like.
 private void StateErrorsAtAGlance_DetailHeader_NeedDataSource(object sender, EventArgs e)
        {
            Telerik.Reporting.Processing.Report report = (Telerik.Reporting.Processing.Report)sender;
            if (report.Parameters["HeaderType"].Value.ToString().Equals("Agency Error"))
            {
                this.DataSource = this.sqlDataSource1;
            }
            else
            {
                this.DataSource = this.sqlDataSource2;
            }
        }
when run the main report returns 3 field , 1 agency Error, Client Error and No error.
but subreport gives result only agency error row remaing rows like Client error and No error it picks design time parameter values,
that's it shows All zeros.

i observed when debug the subreport needdatasource events calls only one time, how it 'll manage when main reports have 4 records



Siva
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 06 Sep 2012
5 answers
659 views
Hello,

Came across another oddity I'm hoping is a simple solution. I am trying to setup a report template where in the page header I have two rows of text. It might look something like this:

COMPUTER01
Printer List

These two rows are two seperate text boxes one directly above the other. The report uses the default Corporate Style, and at first I had line one using the "Title" style and line 2 using the "Data" style. What I noticed is that COMPUTER01 indents about half a character more than Printer List. I took off the styles and after trying several things, I found that when the text on line 1 is in 18pt and the text on line 2 is in 10pt (the defaults for the style I want to use), even without the style set, the left side does not align. Is there something particular I need to do to make these align properly?

One thing worth mentioning that I did try was I checked the Padding properties and both had all padding set to 0in.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Josh
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 06 Sep 2012
1 answer
175 views
I'm using Reporting Q1 2012 and when i try to create instanceReportSource im getting unknown type or namespace error am I missing something? or is instanceReportSource not supported in this version?

I referred the online doc. http://www.telerik.com/help/reporting/wpf-report-viewer-embedding-the-viewer.html but it's for Q2 2012

Here is my code

 Telerik.Reporting.InstanceReportSource instanceReportSource = new Telerik.Reporting.InstanceReportSource();
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 06 Sep 2012
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?