Telerik Forums
Reporting Forum
1 answer
163 views
Hi.

I am using the latest reports web viewer to render a gantt chart and the Yaxis is rendering the double value e.g. 41130  rather than a date.

The bound data source is simple -
Title - String
Start - double < created using DateTime.ToOADate()
End - double

I have set the series properties with valueformat and customformat as below.

this.chart1.PlotArea.YAxis.Appearance.ValueFormat = Telerik.Reporting.Charting.Styles.ChartValueFormat.LongDate;

this.chart1.PlotArea.YAxis.Appearance.CustomFormat = "dd-MMM-yy";


The design time view shows the correct layout/format however when i switch to preview it renders the double value.

Any help appreciated. Thanks
Elian
Telerik team
 answered on 30 Aug 2012
3 answers
179 views

Hi. In Telerik Reporting WPF Q3 version  the generated report does not breaking into many pages and does not activating the page navigation. But displayed very long vertical scroll.

Help me please.

Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 30 Aug 2012
4 answers
577 views
.Hi

I have installed the Telerik Q2 2012 on my virtual machine (Windows 8 Consumer Preview , 2GB RAM).Though I can build Telerik Reports in VS 2010, on opening the Report Designer I gte the following error message-'The component 'Telerik.ReportDesigner.Packages.Toolbar2.ToolbarView' does not have  resource identifies by the URI 'Telerik.ReportDesigner.Packages.Toolbar2;component/toolbarview.xaml'.

How can I rectify this problem? My primary OS is a Windows 7 Home Basic with 3GB RAM.

Thanks
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 30 Aug 2012
3 answers
1.2K+ views
Is there a way to force a CRLF in a multiline text box on a report?  I have a textbox with multiple fields, and want to force a CRLF between two of the fields...

The problem is, I've tried different things, including good old vbCRLF, and ancient CHR(13) + CHR(10), however, the report engine doesn't like either one.

Here is an example of where this could be useful:

I have the following fields:

Name
Address Line 1
Address Line 2
City, State Zip
Phone #

If each of the lines were in there own text box, and Address Line 2 was blank, I would have a blank line in the address.  Now, I can do a workaround with a series of IIF's in each of the textboxes from Address Line 2 down, but I'd rather do one large multiline textbox with all the fields in it, forcing CRLF's in the appropriate places, and only one IIF for the Address Line 2.

Part of my problem is I'm spoiled by a "Remove Line if Blank" feature.  And guys, yes, I know the reporting module is in it's infancy, so I realize there is room for improvement.  Consider this a feature request.

Thanks as always!!!

Kuba
John
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 29 Aug 2012
6 answers
166 views
I have an application that integrates the web viewer into an existing web project. This web project is currently running against the .net framework 3.5.
In addition to this I have a separate project that I use for building my reports. I then load the report using the MEF framework (via reflection) when the main web application starts.
In the original version of the web application I used to load a report (source) into the webviewer using the following code:
dim source as new TestReport
me.reportviewer1.Report = Source

Once I'd upgraded I found this no longer worked. I have since modified the code as follows:
dim instance as new telerik.reporting.instancereportsource
instance.reportdocument = source
me.reportviewer1.reportsource = instance

So far so good - only its not. I'm finding that when creating a new instance of the report as shown in the first example the report loads with no issue. Loading the report via MEF as in the second example doesn't work. No data is returned and the report is empty.
I know the same type is being loaded as I can modify the report header and in both examples the header is rendered but the report loaded via MEF is never populated. I can see no errors or reason why data would not be returned. 
Is there any way I can somehow diagnose what the problem is here?
Mike
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 29 Aug 2012
0 answers
124 views
Hi, I want to use the backslant shape to realize the effect like the following picture, can you give me some advices? Thanks!
Wan
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 29 Aug 2012
1 answer
131 views
Hi all-
Sorry if this is a newbie question but is there a way to input a date parameter without using the date picker?
It is much faster to put in historical dates for date ranges.
Any help is greatly appreciated
Andy
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 29 Aug 2012
32 answers
985 views
I am testing your reporting tool and it is very nice. But we need a justify property in the text box control, and we see that you still don't support it. Will it be sopported shortly?
Best Regards
Jaco Hamilton-Attwell
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 29 Aug 2012
1 answer
81 views
Hi all,

    I have a telerik report file that loads to telerik report viewer. when I try to export to PDF using report viewer it doesn't give any output ( no PDF) I can see a message bellow saying waiting for localhost.. . other formats works OK. In excel format report shows a huge blank gap after first table with data. highly appreciate if you all can help. 

Shivanka
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 29 Aug 2012
2 answers
233 views
Hi,

I've been looking everywhere, but I don't find any "Import Designer Generated Report to App Guidance".

Should they be saved on the Database or DLL?, How to set the Data Source?, Best Practices? Security?? Etc...

This info will be appreciatted.
Jaime Bula
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 28 Aug 2012
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?