Telerik Forums
Reporting Forum
3 answers
224 views
Are you going to incorporate the ability to have a drill down throught the data , as per cyrstal ?

If so I would certainly be interested in this and therefore dropping crystal , which as a company as given me nothing but grief !

Thanks
Vassil Petev
Telerik team
 answered on 26 Jan 2007
1 answer
160 views
I need to set the Select SQL at run time. I do it like this.

if (!IsPostBack)
{
MyReportLibrary.
testReport myReport = new testReport();
myReport.setAdapter(myAdapter);
this.reportViewer.Report = myReport;
}

But the problem is, that by the page loading, the constructor of testReport (where other connectionstring and Select_SQL are defined) will be called the second time and the properties of
myReport.setAdapter(myAdapter)
will be lost.

Who calls (creates) the myReport again?
I suppose , that it is the reportViewer. The Viewer re-create the class myReport (actually testReport) and so myAdapter will be lost.

How can I set the Adapter outside of the Report ? 

Chavdar
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Jan 2007
1 answer
160 views
Does Telerik Reporting support XML as a datasource?
Svetoslav
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Jan 2007
12 answers
424 views
I am getting the error message below during installation.  I get the same error when attempting to un-install.  I have Visual Web Developer Express and SQL Server Express installed.  This happened on two computers.

Error 1722.  There is a problem with this Windows Installer package.  A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor.



drew
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 11 Jan 2007
8 answers
530 views
I'm not sure if telerik was planning on providing some layout templates with reporting, but I ran into a need yesterday that could be perfectly served by reporting with templates.

Basically, it would be great if reporting came with templates for creating the report layout in a format that would print correctly on a number of different label sheets (Avery label sheets are usually used as the defining standard).

For example, in the reporting visual designer, I could select "Create New Report from Template..." and then pick "Mailing Labels (Avery XXXX)" and a new report would be created that would print my data in the correct format to fit a sheet of Mailing Labels. I would layout one "label", bind the report to my datasource, and then the report would "merge" my data when it rendered.

Anybody else out there think this would be useful? Is this doable telerik?

Thanks~
Chavdar
Telerik team
 answered on 08 Jan 2007
1 answer
162 views
I have WS2005 SP1.  Got error during install when trying to add to toolkit.

Thanks.
Rossen Hristov
Telerik team
 answered on 03 Jan 2007
1 answer
147 views
hiya,

I have an app where the user needs to be able to "print" the data that is on the winform.
The data is mostly comboboxes and datagridViews.
Is this possible using the new reporting tool?

All I want to do is create a faithful reproduction (on a printed sheet), of what the user sees on the winform.

Any advice much appreciated,

cheers,

yogi
Rossen Hristov
Telerik team
 answered on 27 Dec 2006
0 answers
375 views
It is our pleasure to announce the availability of the second CTP of telerik Reporting. Based on the feedback we got from the first version, we managed to improve the product and significantly enhance its feature set.

Here is a list of the more important changes we have done in CT2:

  1. Improved cascading styles
  2. Added CSS-like stylesheets that represent a set of global styles, which are applied to report items that match a given pattern:
    • Matches item's type (TypeSelector)
    • Matches item's property value (AttributeSelector)
    • Matches ReportItemBase.StyleName (StyleSelector)
    • Matches item's relationship with other items in the hierarcy  (DescendantSelector)
  3. Export to PDF.
  4. The following events have been added:
    • ReportItemBase.ItemDataBinding - fired before the item is databound
    • ReportItemBase.ItemDataBound - fired after the item is databound
    • ReportItemBase.PreRender - fired before the item is rendered
    • Report.NewPage - fired when a new page begins rendering (valid only for rendering formats that support paging - PDF/Image/HTML)
  5. Design-time improvements:
    • Data Explorer ToolWindow
    • Report Explorer ToolWindow
    • Improved WebViewer design-time support
  6. Added 2 new examples.
  7. Fixed various installation problems
Download now!

Your feedback on CTP2 will be appreciated through the telerik Reporting beta Forum!

You can learn more on the upcoming Reporting tool at http://www.telerik.com/reporting


Sincerely yours,
the telerik team
Telerik Admin
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
 asked on 22 Dec 2006
1 answer
178 views
Hi there:
I need to combine the values of two fields in my datarecord into a single combined string into a textbox in my details section. I expect to do this in the databound of the textbox. Is there a way to get access to the datarecord from the datasource? If nothing else can I retrieve the unique key of the record so I can pull the fields manually, allthough it is not prefered?

Thanks
Rossen Hristov
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Dec 2006
3 answers
401 views

Hi there,
i have a textbox in the groupHeaderSection1 called ResourceDivision. I am trying to test out the callbacks on the sections to see how to manipulate the data in the textbox.

The datafield property of the textbox is set up to pull text from the datasource, and it is displaying the text from the datarecord properly.

However..
1) I'd expect ResourceDivision.text content to be the dynamic content from the data record when stopping at breakpoints in the debugger in all callbacks. At least in one of the callbacks listed below? It isnt: it is showing the default text that's defined in the property panel for the textbox.
Looks like the data actually only gets bound to the textboxes AFTER the callbacks are triggered? Help?

2) I'd expected to be able to modify the data in the textbox through the callbacks, but since it seems to the actual binding is happening AFTER the callbacks it is actually overwritten with the actual datarecord's content.



private
void groupHeaderSection1_ItemDataBinding(object sender, EventArgs e)

{

this.ResourceDivision.Text += "-1";

//this is nor reflected anywhere?

}

private void groupHeaderSection1_ItemDataBound(object sender, EventArgs e)

{

this.ResourceDivision.Text += "-2";

//this is nor reflected anywhere?
}

private void detail_ItemDataBinding(object sender, EventArgs e)

{

this.ResourceDivision.Text += "-3";

//this is nor reflected anywhere?
}

private void detail_ItemDataBound(object sender, EventArgs e)

{

this.ResourceDivision.Text += "-4";

//this is nor reflected anywhere?
}

Thanks,
Eric

Rossen Hristov
Telerik team
 answered on 14 Dec 2006
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?