Telerik Forums
Reporting Forum
3 answers
186 views
In my project I want to be able to give the user the ability to select which data get put on the report, would I be able to do that? Example: I have a report where every element is defined, Look, Feel, Heading, colums, footers, pictures area. Now there are a few areas where the report designer does not know what data to put there in that case a place holder with a DopDownComboBox is provided for the user to select the missing data then click on the report submit button to call the viewer to view the result, Can the CTP Report handle this request?
Vassil Petev
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Dec 2006
3 answers
245 views
Hi,
I created a simple report with couple of pages.
When i'm exporting to tiff file, only the first page is exproted, even when i'm exporting from other page (page 2 or 3 for example). Is there any way to export a page which is not the first page ?  
Rossen Hristov
Telerik team
 answered on 08 Dec 2006
3 answers
294 views
Hello,

I have been testing the report tool in a web project for a while now and I have a couple of questions.

1. Will it be possible to have several (not nested) Groups and specify different datasources and Details Sections? I have some scenarios where each group would contain completly different items and "columns" but still we want to have them on the same page (and report).

2. I have three textboxes (a textbox on each "row" below each other) and have been testing the CanShrink property. Let's say the first textbox is empty but the other two are not, is it possible that the other two textboxes 'move up', the second textbox takes the first textbox place etc? I know I can solve this problem and merge the three fields into just one field before it reaches the report and only have one (multiline)-textbox, but it's not so elegant.

3. In the next release, will it be possible to print the whole report and not just the current page?

Regards
Kenneth
Vassil Petev
Telerik team
 answered on 05 Dec 2006
2 answers
185 views
I have evaluated SQL Reporting server, DevExpress Report and Comonpnet one report. I suggest you to increase your competitiveness by comparing with those products. Frankly, Devexpress is the best one so far, but it is still far from my expectation. so I am expecting you are much more powerful than them, otherwise you cannot make your product stand out and I am not considered using it as well..Reporting server is not scalable because it is relying on IIS and IIS has a thread pool limtation and time out problem. Reporting server is too slow in getting a large PDF as well and It has a poor programatic model with .Net

So this is my feedback
1. Too slow even without generating the PDF, I cannot imagine if you have a very large PDF. Please compare with some fast PDF generator and you will see

2 . Too few features, most of the reports tool I evaluated out there has too few features.

I can see so far your product is not a revolution compared with other products, just a cloning of another product, why would I spend money on it..

Here is my suggestion
The design of seperating the layers between the  middle  layer and the conversion of different file types from that middle layer is good in abstraction, but it is a huge performance drawback. Sometimes we want to bypass that layer and get the report done faster.

In my company, most reports are in pdf


Vassil Petev
Telerik team
 answered on 28 Nov 2006
3 answers
656 views
When installing the Reporting tools I receive an error message saying "Unable to detect a running instance of SQL Server 2005".  I have SQL Server 2005 (full version - not express) installed and running on my computer.  Is there anything that I am missing when doing the install or does the CTP only work with SQL Server 2005 Express?

Thank you!
Vassil Petev
Telerik team
 answered on 27 Nov 2006
3 answers
182 views
I've successfully installed the CTP. I'm probably missing the obvious but how do you add group headings and footers?

Also, what do the "Report Explorer" and "Data Explorer" items do under the Teleric menu? I see blank windows and that's it.
Rossen Hristov
Telerik team
 answered on 22 Nov 2006
1 answer
247 views
Am I missing something?  I installed, none of the controls showed up in my toolbox (that's ok).  However, I add a new report to the existing website project and it generates a class file.  But not sure how to design it. 

Something go amuck in installation that I can fix?

Thanks!
Rossen Hristov
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Nov 2006
2 answers
240 views
Hi Folks

Any news on a beta release date ? I for one am really keen to see the reporting solution out and available for us to play with, even in beta....

kind regards, patrick
Patrick Lane
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 14 Nov 2006
9 answers
672 views
Hi,

I seem to remember receiving a reporting beta email a while ago where I could download the beta. Can anyone tell me where this was?

Thanks!
Kieran
Slayde Barnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 27 Oct 2006
2 answers
384 views
Will telerik Reporting have a keep together feature for groups?  Access has this, but SQL Reporting Services does not.  SQL RS has a page break before or after a group.  However, it would apply a page break before the group on the first group, or it would apply a page break after the group on the last group ... kind of odd because it gives empty pages.  I hope that telerik Reporting will act like Access and have a keep together ability.  And if it has page break before or after it won't apply the break on the first or last group.
don.lacuran
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 26 Oct 2006
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?