Telerik Forums
Reporting Forum
3 answers
357 views
Hello,

I'm trying to have the serie names in my legend dynamically changed based on users's select.  There are three series in my graph and these series are based on the years that users select from filters.  For example, if users select 2008, 2009, and 2010, the three series will show data for these three years and the legend will show these three years.  So if users select three different years, the legend will show three different years.  Can I do that?

Thanks!

Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 07 Sep 2010
0 answers
95 views
How can I set the OpenAccess DS to filter by ID?

I have a SubmissionResponse object, and that has a reference to a parent which contains the FormID.

So object.Submission.FormID

How can I set the where clause to only get me the results for that formID if the FormID is a GUID?
sitefinitysteve
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Veteran
 asked on 07 Sep 2010
8 answers
469 views
Hello,

I'm trying to refresh my reportviewer so it can reload parameters values.
How to do that using MVVM in a Silverlight project ? It seems that no refresh method exists on report viewer control...

Thanks.
Equipe Info
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 07 Sep 2010
6 answers
1.5K+ views
What's the best way to add conditional formatting for a datetime field that may be null?

I wanted to highlight all records that had a date in the past, for records that actually *have* a date. How do I do this?
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 07 Sep 2010
2 answers
232 views
I have reports that worked perfect in the Q2 2009 release and when I upgraded them, all my sub-report parameters that are bound to GUID fields in the parent report no longer work . They give an error saying they have an invalid value for the parameter.

Since the report parameters do not accept GUID types, I was receiving them as string type which worked perfectly before by converting the field value to a string before passing it. Now, it just errors out and I have to specifically have in my data set the GUID converted to a string before binding the parameter to the field in the dataset.

This is really disappointing that I now have to hack a fix into all these reports to make this work.
Rich
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 06 Sep 2010
3 answers
968 views
I upgraded from Q3 2009 to Q3 2009 SP1 (1211) and now I get the following error anytime I try to open a report
System.Web.HttpCompileException = {"C:\PMB\Integration\Certificate\printCEcertificate.aspx(48): error BC30560: 'ReportViewer' is ambiguous in the namespace 'Telerik.ReportViewer.WebForms'."}
Any Ideas?

Nevermind, I still had the old versions in my Bin folder.
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 06 Sep 2010
1 answer
186 views
I am generating a reporting dynamically which includes a gantt chart (dynamically creating the gantt chart along with the data - series). The report runs fine on my development server. However, when I promote the report to production, I receive the following error:

**************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
Unable to serialize the session state. In 'StateServer' and 'SQLServer' mode, ASP.NET will serialize the session state objects, and as a result non-serializable objects or MarshalByRef objects are not permitted. The same restriction applies if similar serialization is done by the custom session state store in 'Custom' mode.

**************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

The site is setup to use "SQLServer" Session mode. And, I noticed in some of the very old posts to this forum, that this was a problem with early versions of telerik reporting. I am using the latest version and still seeing this problem. Is there a work-around besides going back to "InProc" session mode?

Thanks!
Chavdar
Telerik team
 answered on 06 Sep 2010
0 answers
134 views
Hi,
Could any one tell me how I can use object data soruces in both master detail reports. As i m calling methods of WCF so I need to add object data source in master details.
I tried it and it wokred with master report, but for detail report it is not picking up the data. If I give sql data source to details report, then it works fine. Just consider the scenario of Sales Invoice and Sales Invoice details 
Thanks
Muhammad
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 06 Sep 2010
1 answer
216 views
Hello,

I have an issue with embedded elements that each have borders.  Please look at the attached picture (from rendered PDF).

I have parent container with gray border of 0.02 pt. It is applied via style sheet. Inside of it, a list is placed and lists's panel has black border of 0.2 pt (it is also applied via style sheet).

Also, this panel has two binding expressions:
1) To setup color of left border
2) To setup color of right border

So I set these two borders dinamically either to Black or to whatever background color the element has (it's made to simulate absence of border). In attached example, binding expression says that border should be black, and it is. But I still see gray line between two elements! 

And because panel has thicker border than the parent container, it follows that container's border has higher priority than children's ones.

Question: How to override this behaviour (i.e. black border should be displayed on top of gray border)?
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 06 Sep 2010
2 answers
86 views
hi,

i used the telerik report viewer to show the the report , While exporting to PDF only half of the repot in displaying and remaining as white space, but in word and excel it’s fine , how to solve the issue.

 
sabarishbabu
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 06 Sep 2010
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?