Telerik Forums
Reporting Forum
2 answers
186 views
How can i make a code or adjustment on a properties sub report or panel
 if the 1st subreport has null value/no data, the 2nd and 3rd should be up since the properties dock on top, vice-versa if the 2nd or 3rd has null value/no data


Example: 
    attach here the screen shot

 

Telerik User
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 06 Sep 2010
5 answers
284 views
Hi,

i've created a subreport with parameters and when the master report passes them to the subreport they are all null. Even I created a parameter: integer Test and when I pass the value to the subreport (it's hardcore and not get from the master params) it is null. I don't now what to do. Were can be the problems??? All the params are passed with null :(

thanks in advance

regards,
jose
Jose Granja
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 03 Sep 2010
7 answers
526 views
I haven't found any documenation regarding exception handling for exceptions thrown during the Render() process that are are not bubbled up.  While rendering, the Render() method does not throw theTelerik.Reporting.Processing.Expressions.InvalidExpressionException.  Instead a report is returned (with the "red box" in-place of the invalid element) and no exception occurs.  I'd like to catch these types of processing/rendering exceptions so invalid reports are not created.  Thoughts?

Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 03 Sep 2010
3 answers
177 views
Hello,

I need to place multiple Crosstab controls (dynamically) into my Telerik Report.
Should I create new Report for each Crosstab, and then add it as subreport into my "main" report?
or should I just add the Crosstab controls to DetailSection.Items collection?
which way is the best?

thank you.
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 03 Sep 2010
4 answers
558 views
Hello everybody...

I am using VisualStudio 2005 (C#) for developing of a web application. I need to create a report with images (using Telerik Reporting), this images are in a server; on the design of my report I put a simple "picturebox" for each image.

In the VALUE property I wrote: http://charal.dns.com/ee/logo.jpg

If I send to print my report, the images don't appear, only print this message: #ERROR# Unable to connect to the remote server.


Please, if someone has an idea, tell me what must I do...


Another question: in a web application can I put an image as a static image although using the Telerik Reporting Control??

Thanks...

Jeavy...

Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 03 Sep 2010
1 answer
160 views

I am having trouble trying to use dependent parameters. I have the Reporting 2010 Q2. I have 8 images for the figure #'s described below.

1. I have SQLDatasource, using a stored proc, called Providers that gets a list of Providers. This stored proc returns Name and Id fields. Figure 1.

2. I have a ReportParameter called Provider that uses the Providers Data Source for its DataSource. Name is the DisplayMember and Id is the ValueMember. That works and displays correctly in Preview Mode in the designer and on the Report Viewer.

3. I have a second SQLDatasource, using a stored proc, called ProviderClasses that gets a list of Classes for the selected Provider. The stored proc returns Name and Id fields. This stored proc takes a parameter. Figure 3. The parameter is set to the Parameters.Provider.Value.Figure 4.

4. I have a ReportParameter called ProviderClass that uses the Classes Data Source for its DataSource. ClassName is the DisplayMember and Id is the ValueMember. Figure 5. This displays an error message and shows no values when I change the Providers dropdown. Figure 6.

If I open SQL Profiler and I select a provider, it does call the stored procedure with the Id of the selected Provider to populate the classes. When I run this exec command copied out of Profiler in a query window it returns the classes as expected. However, they don't populate the Class dropdown list on the Report Viewer. Figures 7 & 8.

I followed the examples even though they were using SQL text and not stored procedures.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

BIlly Jacobs

Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 03 Sep 2010
14 answers
154 views

Hello,
In report I have four tables, (for example table1, table2, table3, table4). I need to do filtering by tables.
For example:
If I select table1 and table3, the report must only show this two tables (table1, table3)

Would anyone know how is this possible to implement?

Thanks
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 03 Sep 2010
2 answers
124 views
Hi,

I have a ASP .NET VB project that has been upgraded from VS2008 to VS2010.  At the same time I also updated the Telerik controls to the latest.  I am at the point where I need to add some reports (first time for this project).  Whenever I try to drop a control unto the report workspace I gert an invalid cast exception (see attached jpg).

TIA

Barry
Barry
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 03 Sep 2010
1 answer
145 views
Im trying to create a function to add to my report,

C# 

static public string CheckWords(params string[] Words)

this will not work when i try to use it to assign a value to a text box, I get a "The expression contains undefined function call".

If I change the function to,

static public string CheckWords(string[] Words)

This works but i would have to call the function for each word rather then sending all the words into the function at once.

any ideas?

 

 

 

 

Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 03 Sep 2010
2 answers
121 views
I'm programmatically creating a chart control on my report; everything is working fine. The chart displays data (when available). However, I want to change the default message that is displayed when no data exists in the series. I understand that there is a "nodatastring" property. However, I cannot locate it. When I have no data in my series, I get the generic message "There is no or empty series". Can I change this message?
Adam
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 02 Sep 2010
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?