Telerik Forums
Reporting Forum
3 answers
265 views
Hi,

I'm trying to find out how to style a report programatically. Thought it would be a good idea to create an object of type Style, setting all the values, passing the style object to the report and simply set <reportItem>.Style = <myStyleObject>. Unfortunately the constructor of Telerik.Reporting.Drawing.Style is not exposed. and the style-property has no setter.

Are there any workarounds for setting the style property programatically (I know that I can set individual properties, but that is not want I am looking for)?

Kind Regards
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 10 Sep 2010
1 answer
77 views
I'm having trouble viewing reports built with Telerik Reporting Q2 2008 and Visual Studio 2010. When I try to open a report I get an error message: 'This program cannot display the web page'. I have Q2 2010 Reporting installed.
Is there any solution to this problem?

Thank you
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 10 Sep 2010
1 answer
276 views
This is probably a really simple thing, but I cant seem to find the right c# commands

I created a Table which has 10 Rows. I like to fill a few of them and then remove the rows left unfilled.
No matter where i try to remove rows its always telling me something like "Table has 1 Row and 2 are expected"
Same problem with adding rows "Table has 3 Rows and 2 are expected"

Any idea how this can be solved?
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 10 Sep 2010
4 answers
564 views
Hello,

I just started using Telerik Reporting.  I created a class and used it to display a table as a report.  Data are obtained from a csv file. 

        public Form1()  
        {  
            InitializeComponent();  
            //reportViewer1.RefreshReport();  
 
            String loc = "C:\\test1.csv";  
 
            DataTable k = parseCSV(loc);  // return a DataTable  
 
            this.DataSource = k 
              
        } 

 

I have a form using the class to show the report. 

1. There is no DataSource for either 'this' or 'reportViewer1'.
2. How can I use DataTable as a source to display.

I believe that I messed up somewhere.  Can anyone show me a sample code which tells me how to use DataTable, instead of connecting to a database.

Thanks,
Nick

 

Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 10 Sep 2010
1 answer
81 views
Hi
If report has no of columns and we have Page orientation
Size: Letter
Orientation;Portrait

and there are solme description like columns which can have 100 words and we set its grow property=true then only this column grow and report looks very odd while it should grow the whole row
see my attachment
Plz tell me how can i set this issue
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 10 Sep 2010
1 answer
185 views
Hi I have a asp.net report viewer control which has been working fine as a dynamically loaded user control in a asp.net Web page. I have been adding the item to a content placeholder using the controls.add method of an update panel. I wanted to change the functionality to load the usercontrol into a RadWindow. Nothing else has changed at all, except for I am trying to add my control to an update panel in a RadWindow

<telerik:RadWindow ID="DocumentWindow" runat="server" Modal="True" VisibleOnPageLoad="false"
     Behaviors="Close" AutoSize="false" Height="480" Width = "640">
     <ContentTemplate>
         <asp:UpdatePanel ID="DocumentWindowUpdatePanel" runat="server" UpdateMode="Always">
         <ContentTemplate>
         </ContentTemplate>
         </asp:UpdatePanel>
     </ContentTemplate>
 </telerik:RadWindow>

The RadWindow comes up on the page and the control "appears" to be loading inside. However, there is a JavaScript error being thrown "Expected ;" and none of my report contents are displayed. Also, when I click on the refresh icon I get: "OnCommand Refresh". What am I missing here? Thanks! 
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 10 Sep 2010
3 answers
228 views
I have two report parameters which need to have their data populated via a SQL datasource.  I see how to do this by setting up a SQL dataadapter in the report and then setting the adapter as the DataSource for the report parameter.

The issue that I have is this.  I distribute this website to multiple clients.  Each client has a different SQL connection string which I store in the appSettings in web.config.  I cannot figure out how to set or associate this connection string at runtime from the appSetting to the report dataadapter connection.  Is there a way in the code behind to do this?

Thanks.
Dan
Patrick
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 09 Sep 2010
2 answers
225 views
Hi,

  I'm working on creating a chart in a report, but instead of the XAxis starting at Zero I want it to start at Ten.  I set the PlotArea.XAxis.MinValue to 10 and the PlotArea.XAxis.MaxValue = 100 and the PlotArea.XAxis.LabelStep = 10.  I was expecting the XAxis to go from 10 - 100 but instead it goes from 1 - 91.  Any ideas on how to correct this?

Thanks,
-Scott Cline
Scott
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 08 Sep 2010
1 answer
119 views
Hello,

Is it possible to detect from code-behind when the user press the print button for a report?
Patrick
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 08 Sep 2010
2 answers
122 views
I have been trying to find the proper event to place some supporting code for a report I am developing but with no luck.  The report is already bound to a SQL datasource, but I need to load an array with some data from another table in the database. This is necessary to "look up" some rates that I need in calculating the values for some unbound text boxes in a group footer section.  I wanted to load the array using a separate connection and a datareader, however I keep getting an error when I attempt to place the report in a reportviewer in ASP.NET web form.  It will not allow me to select the report because it indicates that the connection must be open for the ExecuteReader method and will not allow me to specify the report in my Report parameter.  I do open the connection in my code and the connection string is defined in the code as well.  I currently have it in my report constructor module after the InitializeComponent() call but that doesn't work.  Any suggestions? 
Chuck Harrington
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 08 Sep 2010
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?