This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Radgrid Save Scroll Position not working since Q3 2015

9 Answers 120 Views
Grid
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Roudolf
Top achievements
Rank 1
Roudolf asked on 13 Jan 2016, 03:03 PM
Hello! Please note that ClientSettings-Scrolling-SaveScrollPosition="true" not working since Q3 2015. Please fix!!!

9 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Pavlina
Telerik team
answered on 14 Jan 2016, 04:52 PM
Hi,

I tested the SaveScrollPosition in one of our demos and it works as expected with the latest version:
http://demos.telerik.com/aspnet-ajax/grid/examples/functionality/scrolling/scrolling/defaultcs.aspx

Regards,
Pavlina
Telerik
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Roudolf
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 19 Jan 2016, 06:33 PM

Hi!

Please try select a row and then refresh a grid. Till Q3 2015 the grid will stay at scroll position, from Q3 2105 jumps to the first row.
And what is  RenderMode="Lightweight"?

Thank you very much!

Pavlina
Telerik team
answered on 22 Jan 2016, 11:22 AM
Hello,

When RenderMode is set to Lightweight the control yields completely different markup making maximum use of CSS 3 and semantic html. This means that we no longer use table element for the input part and have dropped the image gradients in favor of CSS gradients. As for the skins, the main goal of using the Lightweight render mode is that image gradients could be easily replaced by CSS gradients. Thus, the amount of data that the client browser should request is sensibly decreased. This enhancement favors especially the mobile experience.

Regarding the SaveScrollPosition that s not working when row is selected you can find attached a sample test page where the position is saved. Give it a try and see what is the difference in your case.

Regards,
Pavlina
Telerik
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Roudolf
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 08 Apr 2016, 11:32 AM
Sorry, in my case does not working. Every refresh causes jump to the first row!
Pavlina
Telerik team
answered on 08 Apr 2016, 12:38 PM
Hi,

In case following the attached example does not help to resolve the problem with the scroll position I recommend you isolate the issue in a runnable project and send it to us via support ticket so we can test it locally and provide a proper solution for your case. Otherwise it would be difficult to determine what causes jump to the first row.

Regards,
Pavlina
Telerik
Do you need help with upgrading your ASP.NET AJAX, WPF or WinForms projects? Check the Telerik API Analyzer and share your thoughts.
Roudolf
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 23 Sep 2016, 01:02 PM

Hello!

We use Awesomium HTML UI Engine in our project (http://www.awesomium.com/). 

The radgrid's SaveScrollPosition does not work only with Awesoium browser, but works fine with Chrome and IE.

Maybe you will have chance and check what I have to do in order to get it working with the Awesomium? Thank you very much!

Regards,  Roudolf

Pavlina
Telerik team
answered on 28 Sep 2016, 01:16 PM
Hello,

Unfortunately we do not support Awesomium HTML UI Engine. However, as the problem with SaveScrollPosition exists only with Awesomium I suggest you contact their support: http://www.awesomium.com/support/

Regards,
Pavlina
Telerik by Progress
Do you need help with upgrading your ASP.NET AJAX, WPF or WinForms projects? Check the Telerik API Analyzer and share your thoughts.
Roudolf
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 28 Sep 2016, 05:10 PM
Dear Pavlina, thank you very much for your response. Could you tell me what you changed in the RadGrid since Q3 2015? Because Q3 2015 works perfectly 
Pavlina
Telerik team
answered on 29 Sep 2016, 08:24 AM

Hello,

You can check the release notes in order to see what is new and what is changed since Q3 2015:
http://www.telerik.com/support/whats-new/aspnet-ajax/release-history

Regards,

Pavlina
Telerik by Progress
Tags
Grid
Asked by
Roudolf
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Pavlina
Telerik team
Roudolf
Top achievements
Rank 1