Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
120 views
We would like to create an ASP.NET AJAX website (not web application) where some or all of the pages also host Silverlight controls. Which Telerik VS 2010 template is the correct one to create the new website so that all of the ASP NET AJAX controls and Silverlight controls, references etc. are in place?
Biliana Ficheva
Telerik team
 answered on 26 Aug 2010
1 answer
631 views
Good Day

I have a toolbar defined like this

<telerik:RadToolBar ID="RadToolBar1" Runat="server" Height="100%" Skin="Forest"
    Width="100%">
    <Items>
        <telerik:RadToolBarButton runat="server" Text="Button1" Width="100%">
            <ItemTemplate>
                <asp:ImageButton ID="btnoweb" runat="server" Height="50"
                    ImageUrl="~/images/o!logo.png" Width="50" />
                <asp:ImageButton ID="btnCalender" runat="server"
                    ImageUrl="~/images/Picture5.png" OnClick="btnCalender_Click" />
                <asp:ImageButton ID="btnAttach" runat="server" ImageUrl="~/images/Attach.png" />
                <asp:Menu ID="mnuMenu" runat="server">
                </asp:Menu>
                <telerik:RadMenu ID="mnuAdd" runat="server" Visible="true">
                    <ItemTemplate>
                        <asp:Image ID="imgicon" runat="server" EnableViewState="true"
                            ImageUrl="~/images/Add.png" />
                    </ItemTemplate>
                </telerik:RadMenu>
                      <asp:ImageButton ID="btnleftIcon" Height="38px" CssClass="rtbIcon" runat="server" ImageUrl="~/images/LeftIcon.PNG"
                      />
                <asp:TextBox ID="txtsearch" runat="server" AutoPostBack="true"
                    Font-Size="X-Large" Height="35px" onkeyup="this.onchange();"
                    OnTextChanged="Bind_SearchBox" Width="650px" />
                <asp:ImageButton ID="btnCancel" Height="38px"  CssClass="rtbIcon" runat="server" ImageUrl="~/images/RightCencelButton.PNG"
                    OnClick="btnCancel_Click" />
            </ItemTemplate>
        </telerik:RadToolBarButton>
    </Items>
</telerik:RadToolBar>

 i have a button btnleftIcon and txtsearch that sits between btnCancel , now

<asp:ImageButton ID="btnleftIcon" Height="38px" CssClass="rtbIcon" runat="server" ImageUrl="~/images/LeftIcon.PNG"
                      />
                <asp:TextBox ID="txtsearch" runat="server" AutoPostBack="true"
                    Font-Size="X-Large" Height="35px" onkeyup="this.onchange();"
                    OnTextChanged="Bind_SearchBox" Width="650px" />
                <asp:ImageButton ID="btnCancel" Height="38px"  CssClass="rtbIcon" runat="server" ImageUrl="~/images/RightCencelButton.PNG"
                    OnClick="btnCancel_Click" />

i want to remove space between the images and the textbox. as you can see from the below image there is a space.

Thanks
Yana
Telerik team
 answered on 26 Aug 2010
1 answer
92 views
I've just had over 15K records to render in my RadGrid which has client OnRowContextMenu & AllowRowSelect="true" enabled. The Ajax performance seems really slow, and sometimes popped timeout error.

The select sql query is okay when I've run it against Management Studio. Also, I've applied http compression in my IIS 6 which is running on Win-Server 2003 r2.

Any suggestions to improve performance on RadGrid's part?
Pavlina
Telerik team
 answered on 26 Aug 2010
5 answers
198 views
how to disble typing in Combox i.e how to restrict user from typing in the combobox.
In asp combobox to disable user entry we change the dropdown style of the combobox to DropDownList.

the thing is i am loading items in combobox on page load and on selected index change i am redirecting it to another page based on.
so can i validated the combobox if user types text which is not present in the combobox.
this is how my code looks.

<telerik:RadComboBox ID="radProject" AllowCustomText="false" AccessibilityMode="false" AutoPostBack="true" runat="server" DropDownWidth="240px" onselectedindexchanged="radProject_SelectedIndexChanged"                          EnableLoadOnDemand="true" MarkFirstMatch="true"  Skin="Web20" Filter="None">

time being i have kept filter = none
please suggest something...................
Princy
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 26 Aug 2010
7 answers
253 views
Hi,

I have followed your support article on the RADProgress not showing but I still cannot get it working?  Its strange as i have it working in production with an older version (2008.2.826) but even if i try and use that in my dev environment it fails to show the progress control??

I have started with a brand new .net 3.5 web application running under the network service user on IIS6 on a WIN2K3 machine.  I have the following web.config:

<?xml version="1.0"?> 
<configuration> 
  <configSections> 
    <sectionGroup name="system.web.extensions" type="System.Web.Configuration.SystemWebExtensionsSectionGroup, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35"> 
      <sectionGroup name="scripting" type="System.Web.Configuration.ScriptingSectionGroup, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35"> 
        <section name="scriptResourceHandler" type="System.Web.Configuration.ScriptingScriptResourceHandlerSection, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35" requirePermission="false" allowDefinition="MachineToApplication" /> 
        <sectionGroup name="webServices" type="System.Web.Configuration.ScriptingWebServicesSectionGroup, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35"> 
          <section name="jsonSerialization" type="System.Web.Configuration.ScriptingJsonSerializationSection, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35" requirePermission="false" allowDefinition="Everywhere" /> 
          <section name="profileService" type="System.Web.Configuration.ScriptingProfileServiceSection, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35" requirePermission="false" allowDefinition="MachineToApplication" /> 
          <section name="authenticationService" type="System.Web.Configuration.ScriptingAuthenticationServiceSection, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35" requirePermission="false" allowDefinition="MachineToApplication" /> 
          <section name="roleService" type="System.Web.Configuration.ScriptingRoleServiceSection, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35" requirePermission="false" allowDefinition="MachineToApplication" /> 
        </sectionGroup> 
      </sectionGroup> 
    </sectionGroup> 
  </configSections> 
  <appSettings /> 
  <connectionStrings /> 
  <system.web> 
    <compilation debug="false"> 
      <assemblies> 
        <add assembly="System.Core, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B77A5C561934E089" /> 
        <add assembly="System.Data.DataSetExtensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B77A5C561934E089" /> 
        <add assembly="System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35" /> 
        <add assembly="System.Xml.Linq, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B77A5C561934E089" /> 
      </assemblies> 
    </compilation> 
    <authentication mode="Windows" /> 
    <pages> 
      <controls> 
        <add tagPrefix="asp" namespace="System.Web.UI" assembly="System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35" /> 
        <add tagPrefix="asp" namespace="System.Web.UI.WebControls" assembly="System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35" /> 
        <add tagPrefix="telerik" namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" /> 
      </controls> 
    </pages> 
    <httpHandlers> 
      <remove verb="*" path="*.asmx" /> 
      <add verb="*" path="*.asmx" validate="false" type="System.Web.Script.Services.ScriptHandlerFactory, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35" /> 
      <add verb="*" path="*_AppService.axd" validate="false" type="System.Web.Script.Services.ScriptHandlerFactory, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35" /> 
      <add verb="GET,HEAD" path="ScriptResource.axd" type="System.Web.Handlers.ScriptResourceHandler, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35" validate="false" /> 
      <add path="Telerik.RadUploadProgressHandler.ashx" type="Telerik.Web.UI.RadUploadProgressHandler" verb="*" validate="false" /> 
    </httpHandlers> 
    <httpModules> 
      <add name="ScriptModule" type="System.Web.Handlers.ScriptModule, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35" /> 
      <add name="RadUploadModule" type="Telerik.Web.UI.RadUploadHttpModule, Telerik.Web.UI" /> 
    </httpModules> 
  </system.web> 
  <system.codedom> 
    <compilers> 
      <compiler language="c#;cs;csharp" extension=".cs" warningLevel="4" type="Microsoft.CSharp.CSharpCodeProvider, System, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089"> 
        <providerOption name="CompilerVersion" value="v3.5" /> 
        <providerOption name="WarnAsError" value="false" /> 
      </compiler> 
    </compilers> 
  </system.codedom> 
  <system.webServer> 
    <validation validateIntegratedModeConfiguration="false" /> 
    <modules> 
      <remove name="ScriptModule" /> 
      <remove name="RadUploadModule" /> 
      <add name="ScriptModule" preCondition="managedHandler" type="System.Web.Handlers.ScriptModule, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35" /> 
      <add name="RadUploadModule" preCondition="integratedMode" type="Telerik.Web.UI.RadUploadHttpModule, Telerik.Web.UI" /> 
    </modules> 
    <handlers> 
      <remove name="WebServiceHandlerFactory-Integrated" /> 
      <remove name="ScriptHandlerFactory" /> 
      <remove name="ScriptHandlerFactoryAppServices" /> 
      <remove name="ScriptResource" /> 
      <remove name="Telerik_RadUploadProgressHandler_ashx" /> 
      <add name="ScriptHandlerFactory" verb="*" path="*.asmx" preCondition="integratedMode" type="System.Web.Script.Services.ScriptHandlerFactory, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35" /> 
      <add name="ScriptHandlerFactoryAppServices" verb="*" path="*_AppService.axd" preCondition="integratedMode" type="System.Web.Script.Services.ScriptHandlerFactory, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35" /> 
      <add name="ScriptResource" preCondition="integratedMode" verb="GET,HEAD" path="ScriptResource.axd" type="System.Web.Handlers.ScriptResourceHandler, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35" /> 
      <add name="Telerik_RadUploadProgressHandler_ashx" verb="*" preCondition="integratedMode" path="Telerik.RadUploadProgressHandler.ashx" type="Telerik.Web.UI.RadUploadProgressHandler" /> 
    </handlers> 
  </system.webServer> 
  <runtime> 
    <assemblyBinding xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1"> 
      <dependentAssembly> 
        <assemblyIdentity name="System.Web.Extensions" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" /> 
        <bindingRedirect oldVersion="1.0.0.0-1.1.0.0" newVersion="3.5.0.0" /> 
      </dependentAssembly> 
      <dependentAssembly> 
        <assemblyIdentity name="System.Web.Extensions.Design" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" /> 
        <bindingRedirect oldVersion="1.0.0.0-1.1.0.0" newVersion="3.5.0.0" /> 
      </dependentAssembly> 
    </assemblyBinding> 
  </runtime> 
</configuration> 

the following page..

<%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeBehind="Default.aspx.cs" Inherits="RADUpload._Default" %> 
 
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> 
 
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" > 
<head runat="server"> 
    <title></title> 
</head> 
<body> 
    <form id="form1" runat="server"> 
    <div> 
    <asp:ScriptManager runat="server" /> 
    <telerik:radprogressmanager  
                id="RadProgressManager1" 
                runat="server"/>   
    <telerik:radprogressarea 
        id="RadProgressArea1"  
        runat="server"> 
    </telerik:radprogressarea>                
    <telerik:radupload  
        id="RadUpload1"  
        runat="server"/>     
    <br /> 
    <asp:Button ID="ButtonUpload" runat="server" onclick="ButtonUpload_Click" Text="upload"/> 
                     
    </div> 
    </form> 
</body> 
</html> 
 

and the following code behind...

using System; 
 
namespace RADUpload 
{ 
    public partial class _Default : System.Web.UI.Page 
    { 
        /// <summary> 
        /// Handles the user request to uploaded a new file. 
        /// </summary> 
        /// <param name="sender">object sender</param> 
        /// <param name="e">EventArgs e</param> 
        protected void ButtonUpload_Click(object sender, EventArgs e) 
        { 
            // Do we have an uploaded file? 
            if (RadUpload1.UploadedFiles.Count == 1) 
            { 
                // Save the temporary pic. 
                string filename = RadUpload1.UploadedFiles[0].FileName; 
            } 
        } 
    } 
} 
 

But wehen i run this up and post a big file i use firebug and can see the web requests going to the site but the response is always

var rawProgressData = {InProgress:false,ProgressCounters:false}; 

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Jeff


Justin
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 26 Aug 2010
2 answers
69 views
I posted a thread "aspx DOCTYPE" a few days ago. Telerik has posted a reply, however, I can not open this thread since their post. All I get is the message "Oops It seems there was a problem with our server". I do not have any problems opening any other thread. Would Telerik please check their server and see what is wrong with this thread.  Thank you
dhuss
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 26 Aug 2010
2 answers
181 views
Hi all,
I have a Tooltip (2010 Q2) configured to not automatically close. This works fine. In my tooltip I have some links but as soon as I move the mouse into the Tooltip, the Tooltip disappears :-(
I thought "ShowCallout" is the function I need, right? Get/Set whether the tooltip will hide when the mouse moves away from the target element, or when the mouse [enters] and moves out of the tooltip itself. 
So Tooltip should only disappar if the user moves away the mouse from the target or the tooltip. But in my case he moves the mouse away from the target into the tooltip. Would this be a problem? There does not seem to be any difference whether I select 'True' or 'False' because in both cases it stays open as long as I'm in the text, but it closes as soon as I move away (into the tooltip or anywhere else)
ToolTipp = New Telerik.Web.UI.RadToolTipManager
      With ToolTipp
          .ID = "RadToolTipManager1"
          .RelativeTo = Telerik.Web.UI.ToolTipRelativeDisplay.Element
          .Position = Telerik.Web.UI.ToolTipPosition.BottomCenter
          .AutoTooltipify = False
          .ContentScrolling = Telerik.Web.UI.ToolTipScrolling.Default
          .Width = 150
          .Height = 50
          .EnableShadow = True
          .AutoCloseDelay = 0 'Do not auomatically close as long as mouse is on the text
          .ShowCallout = True
          .Modal = False
      End With

Thanks in advance!

P.S. Tested with IE6 and IE8
Kai
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 26 Aug 2010
1 answer
222 views
Is there a way to either programmatically or declaritively set grouping on grid and apply subgrouping? For example, on one grid we want to group rows by their status. As subgroups, we'd like to group the rows by user. So we would have group headings for status and within these groups we would have groupings by user.

Is this possible? Thanks!
Rosen
Telerik team
 answered on 26 Aug 2010
2 answers
103 views
Hello,

I am planning to use webmail grid on my project, but what i obseved is that... When i select check box, and scroll down, more records are loaded and then i go back and obser the selected check box is no longer selected, ...

How do i maintain this check box selected session?

http://demos.telerik.com/aspnet-ajax/grid/examples/programming/webmailgrid/defaultcs.aspx

Select the fist record check box, and then move down scroll at end, more records are added , and then go up and check the property of check box, its deselected...:<

I want this should be selected...

Please help me...

REgards
Samir
Pavlina
Telerik team
 answered on 26 Aug 2010
2 answers
97 views

Hi,

I have a RadGrid that is programmatically bonded to a dataset from data access layer. I’m trying to change the width and header text of a column in the code behind and whatever I try, the columns collection is always empty. I’ve tried using the DataBound and the PreRender events and the collection is still empty. I also tried the ColumnCreated event, but the column in the event arguments has no header text.

How can I customize the column on run time?

I’m using 2010 Q2 controls.

Thanks,

Sharon.

Sharon Eden
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 26 Aug 2010
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?