Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
2 answers
90 views
I have a RadMenu that uses sub-items in a variety of places. What I would like to do is have the items that have children not be clickable themselves (since they exist only for categorization purposes). I tried just making that item .Enabled = false but that caused it to shift in appearance which I do NOT want.. I couldn't seem to get the DisabledCSSStyle property to work with this..

Is there an easy way to do this? If it matters, I am building my menus dynamically..
Veronica
Telerik team
 answered on 10 Sep 2010
5 answers
132 views
We have a SharePoint web app that is using a few telerik controls. There are 3-4 telerik controls on this particular page. Sometimes when changing a slider bar, or unchecking a checkbox list, the contents of the page disappear. I've looked in to the issue and believe it has to do with the way IE7 handles positioned items. I've changed around to having position: relative, absolute, fixed, none, floating, etc, and I can't get the symptoms to go away.

Here is the code as it stands now.

.scrollingDiv
{
    overflow: auto;
    background-color: #EFEFEF;
    padding: 5px;
}
 
#HeadToHeadControl
{
    position: relative;
    height: 450px;
    border: 1px solid orange;  
}
 
#FilterControls
{
    width: 250px;
}
 
#Maturity_Control
{
    position: absolute;
    top: 10px;
    left: 10px;
    border: 1px solid green;
}
 
#TraitsControl
{
    position: absolute;
    top: 75px;
    left: 10px;
    border: 1px solid blue;
}
 
#ProductRadioList
{
    position: absolute;
    left: 270px;
    top: 10px;
    width: 300px;
    margin-right: 20px;
    border: 1px solid red;
}
#CompetitorTreeControl
{
    position: absolute;
    top: 10px;
    left: 580px;
    width: 300px;
    border: 1px solid yellow;
}

and

<div id="HeadToHeadControl">
    <telerik:RadAjaxPanel runat="server" ID="ajax1" Width="100%">
        <div id="FilterControls">
            <div id="Maturity_Control">
                 radslider
            </div>
            <div id="TraitsControl">
rad checkbox list (I think)
            </div>
        </div>
        <div id="ProductRadioList">
            <asp:Panel runat="server" ID="pnlH2HProductChkList" ScrollBars="Vertical" Height="380px"
                CssClass="scrollingDiv">
radiobuttonlist
            </asp:Panel>
        </div>
        <div id="CompetitorTreeControl">
            <div>
                <asp:Panel runat="server" ID="pnlCompProducts" Visible="false">
                    <div class="scrollingDiv" style='height: 380px;'>
                        <asp:Label ID="lblSelectedProduct" runat="server" Text=""></asp:Label>
rad tree control
                    </div>
                </asp:Panel>
            </div>
            <div style="text-align:right; margin-top:5px;">
                <asp:Button ID="btnH2HResults" runat="server" Text="View Results" Visible="false"
                    OnClick="btnH2HResults_GenerateRpt" />
            </div>
        </div>
    </telerik:RadAjaxPanel>
</div>

Sometimes the issue happens when a SharePoint modal closes, or I'm just checking boxes on a checkbox list, or moving the slider bar. Re-sizing the window makes everything re-appear. I've also tried applying the zoom: 1 property too with no avail.

Can anyone assist me here? I've spent WAY too much time dealing with this bug.
Tim
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 10 Sep 2010
1 answer
218 views
In the GridNeedDataSource Event, the eventargs include:
RebindReason
IsFromDetailTable

This useful for determining whether the rebinding is caused by Parent or Child grid.

What if I have a 3-tier grid?
Parent > Child > Grandchild

This boolean parameter will only tell me whether or not the grid raising the event was the parent, it cannot tell me whether it was the Child or Grandchild.... right?

Thanks

EDIT: I suspect I can exploit the sender.Equals() method but I am not sure how to target the detail or master table controls
Iana Tsolova
Telerik team
 answered on 10 Sep 2010
1 answer
115 views
Hello,

I am using RadScheduler, version Q1 2010. I have a custom inline edit form with asp dropdownlist that I want to use to set the reminder. How can I save the value of the dropdownlist to the database and use it to open the reminder? Also do you know if the reminder shows only when the scheduler is open or it's available throughout the application?

Thank you,
Virginia
Veronica
Telerik team
 answered on 10 Sep 2010
1 answer
76 views
I have a scheduler that will primarily exist in DayView. I am filling each timeslot with multiple reservations and they nicely stack from the left to the right when they are in the same timeslot. I have two questions about how the appointments are drawn.

1. Appointment Width - The appointments are autosized based upon the number of appointments at that timeslot. So, if there are 3 appointments, then they are each 33% of the width of the DayView appointment column, etc. However, I would like to size these statically based upon another property of the appointment, so if a timeslot had 4 appointments and the first appointment involved 4 people, the second, third and fourth involved 2 people (each, subtotal 6), then I would have have resulting appointments that were 40%, 20%, 20% and 20% wide. Im not opposed to setting up standard CssClasses that are in increments of 10% if needed if that is the only option, I just don't know what my options are based upon reading the docs. If I did need to set up CssClasses, how would that impact my use of existing classes like 'rsCategoryYellow'. Im also not opposed the javascript if that is possible. Server side would be nice tho!

2. Appointment Order - Im using a custom appointment provider. However, it seems that when I return a list of Appointments in a specific order, that the appointments are not quite drawn left-to-right in each timeslot based upon the appointments in the bound list. Is there a way to control the order in which appointments are rendered or do I have something fubared in my provider most likely?

thank you... lovin the scheduler so far.
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 10 Sep 2010
2 answers
87 views
You know how you have a ContentTemplate?

Is there a way perhaps to have some sort of additional template for CommandButtons?  When the window gets rendered it inserts the div wherever it was specified in the options for the Template?...does that make sense?

Something like this
.Skin #windowButtonCommands{
    bottom:20px;
    position:absolute;
    right:20px;
}

So when it renders it puts the buttons inside of <div id="windowButtonCommands"> which is then docked to the bottom of the window.
sitefinitysteve
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Veteran
 answered on 10 Sep 2010
1 answer
137 views
I need to change the focus of my controls pressing Enter key, instead of Tab for all fields in my solution.
So I made a javascript code that change the behavior of Enter to Tab.

function document.onkeydown() {
    if (window.event.keyCode == 13) {
        window.event.keyCode = 9;
    }
}

It works in all controls but the RadComboBox. I think it happens because the Telerik ComboBox has a default behavior for the Enter key, which does the selection of Items.

Is there a way to disable this default behavior or something that resolve this problem?
Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 10 Sep 2010
1 answer
65 views
Hi,

Is it possible to style those links found at the bottom left on the popup when in "PopUp Edit Mode"?

I'm referring to the links called "Update", "Add", "Cancel" etc.

Thanks for your help.
Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 10 Sep 2010
1 answer
100 views
Hi,

I have a strange behavior when using a listbox having AllowReorder, EnableDragAndDrop and CheckBoxes properties set to true.
Here is a sample scenario :
intial state :
-item1 checked
-item2
-item3

then using clientside drag and drop, reorder the item in order to have this :
-item3
-item1 checked
-item2

then a postback occurs and on server side, on OnPrerender event of the listbox I have the following issue :  
item3.Checked is true, item1.Checked is false and item2.Checked is false.

(I seems that checkboxes values are managed by indexes)

Help greatly appreciated !

Bye

Morgan
Genady Sergeev
Telerik team
 answered on 10 Sep 2010
15 answers
2.1K+ views
I am trying to do the radgrid inline edit using the following code. I having trhe following issues whose help i coudnt find on documentation.
1) After editing or inserting and clicking on save/insert image button  the row is still in edit mode .I want it to change it back to the view mode.As it happens when i click the cancel button.
2.) How can i set my own  images(inset/update/cancel) and text for the inline editing .i am using
the following code but the grid is taking default images.

<

EditColumn ButtonType="ImageButton" CancelImageUrl="../../../../Images/16x16/Cancel.png" EditImageUrl="../../../../Images/16x16/Save.png" InsertImageUrl="../../../../Images/16x16/Save.png" UpdateImageUrl="../../../../Images/16x16/Save.png"

InsertText="Insert record" UpdateText="Update record" UniqueName="EditCommandColumn1" CancelText="Cancel edit">

</EditColumn>

3.)when i switch to edit mode , the textboxes for editing are expanding  and increasing the column width even though i am giving a fixed sixe "500px" for grid.
 i need a fix size for the textboxes so that the column width remains same when i am in edit or view mode.


Here is my code for the grid

<div style="width:500px;">

<telerik:RadGrid ID="RadGrid1" Skin="Outlook" GridLines="None" runat="server" OnNeedDataSource="RadGrid1_NeedDataSource" OnItemInserted="RadGrid1_ItemInserted"

AllowAutomaticDeletes="True" AllowAutomaticInserts="True" Width="97%" PageSize="20" OnUpdateCommand="RadGrid1_UpdateCommand" OnInsertCommand="RadGrid1_InsertCommand"

AllowAutomaticUpdates="True" AllowPaging="True" AutoGenerateColumns="False" CommandItemDisplay="Top"

>

<PagerStyle Mode="NextPrevAndNumeric" />

<MasterTableView Width="100%" DataKeyNames="ows_ID" AllowSorting="true"

CommandItemDisplay="Top" AllowPaging="true" HorizontalAlign="NotSet" AutoGenerateColumns="False">

<CommandItemSettings AddNewRecordText="Add" AddNewRecordImageUrl="../../../../Images/addcontrol.gif" />

<Columns>

<telerik:GridEditCommandColumn EditImageUrl="../../../../Images/16x16/Edit.png" ButtonType="ImageButton" UniqueName="EditCommandColumn">

<ItemStyle CssClass="MyImageButton" />

</telerik:GridEditCommandColumn>

<telerik:GridBoundColumn DataField="ows_ID" HeaderText="ID" ReadOnly="True" SortExpression="ows_ID"

UniqueName="ID" Visible="False">

<HeaderStyle Width="20px" ForeColor="Silver" />

<ItemStyle ForeColor="Silver" />

</telerik:GridBoundColumn>

<telerik:GridBoundColumn ShowSortIcon="true" DataField="ows_Section" HeaderText="Section" SortExpression="ows_Section"

UniqueName="Section">

<ItemStyle Width="100px" />

</telerik:GridBoundColumn>

<telerik:GridBoundColumn DataField="ows_Pod" HeaderText="Pod" SortExpression="ows_Pod"

UniqueName="Pod">

<ItemStyle Width="50px" />

</telerik:GridBoundColumn>

<telerik:GridBoundColumn DataField="ows_Cube" HeaderText="Cube" SortExpression="ows_Cube"

UniqueName="Cube">

<ItemStyle Width="100px" />

</telerik:GridBoundColumn>

<telerik:GridBoundColumn DataField="ows_SeatingArea" ReadOnly="true" HeaderText="Seating Area" SortExpression="ows_SeatingArea"

UniqueName="SeatingArea">

</telerik:GridBoundColumn>

</Columns>

<EditFormSettings >

<FormCaptionStyle ></FormCaptionStyle>

<EditColumn ButtonType="ImageButton" CancelImageUrl="../../../../Images/16x16/Cancel.png" EditImageUrl="../../../../Images/16x16/Save.png" InsertImageUrl="../../../../Images/16x16/Save.png" UpdateImageUrl="../../../../Images/16x16/Save.png"

InsertText="Insert record" UpdateText="Update record" UniqueName="EditCommandColumn1" CancelText="Cancel edit">

</EditColumn>

<FormTableButtonRowStyle HorizontalAlign="Right" ></FormTableButtonRowStyle>

</EditFormSettings>

</MasterTableView>

</telerik:RadGrid>

</div>


Thanks
Abdul

Pavlina
Telerik team
 answered on 10 Sep 2010
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?