This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Feature Request

2 Answers 39 Views
Window
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
sitefinitysteve
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Veteran
sitefinitysteve asked on 07 Sep 2010, 07:19 PM
You know how you have a ContentTemplate?

Is there a way perhaps to have some sort of additional template for CommandButtons?  When the window gets rendered it inserts the div wherever it was specified in the options for the Template?...does that make sense?

Something like this
.Skin #windowButtonCommands{
    bottom:20px;
    position:absolute;
    right:20px;
}

So when it renders it puts the buttons inside of <div id="windowButtonCommands"> which is then docked to the bottom of the window.

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Fiko
Telerik team
answered on 10 Sep 2010, 01:19 PM
Hi Steve,

This feature can be easily implemented using the current API of the control:
  • You can hide the command buttons by setting behaviors="None"
  • Add your own div which contains the desired images (or your custom template) inside the RadWindow's ContentContainer.
  • Attach click handles to your custom command buttons
  • In that handlers, find the RadWndow object and call its client-side methods depending on the clicked button. For example you can close the RadWindow by calling oRadWindow.close()
I hope this helps.

Regards,
Fiko
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
sitefinitysteve
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Veteran
answered on 10 Sep 2010, 01:22 PM
Hey Fiko,
  Yeah, already doing that actually...put the commandButton style into my custom skin so they always dock to the bottom right, was just hoping I could get it built in at the control level, but I can just keep on doing what I'm doing if it's not going to be a reality :)

Steve
Tags
Window
Asked by
sitefinitysteve
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Veteran
Answers by
Fiko
Telerik team