Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
5 answers
296 views
We have a page that uses the form decorator on it. For some reason, there are a few people who get the Sys is undefined error when they go to this page. The decorated textboxes do not appear and they are unable to login. What is odd is that we have no other documented issues of this problem from anyone except for a few incidences from one company. We've gotten the page source from them and it is identical to the page source that we get. It just appears that one of the javascript files isn't getting download. We are currently using Q3 2008 with all the service packs applied. We are also using the RadScriptManager and RadAjaxManager on the page. They get the error as soon as they browse to the page.

Any ideas?
Adam
Paul J
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 13 Sep 2010
2 answers
127 views
Hi,

I have a user control that is being used to edit items in a radGrid.  In the user control I have a customvalidator that uses a client-side script.  The script needs to reference to controls in the user control: a standard checkbox, and a telerik textbox.  The checkbox is fine as the client id doesn't change.  The textbox reference fails.  How can I get a reference to the Telerik text box?

Thanks,
Bruce
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 13 Sep 2010
1 answer
116 views
Trying to implement a RadComboBox that updates as the user types.  There is no problem with the RadComboBox  and populating it with the appropriate data.  Where I am running into a problem is selecting a value if a user tried finding a value via a RadTextBox.  The search performs properly but I need it to select the record found and update a few additional fields. 

See Comment:
'If sASI_Num <> "" then update Label1 & Have _ddCUName be updated with the value selected as it properly is returned by the stored procedure just not selected.

See Code.
    <telerik:RadTextBox Runat="server" id="_txtCUNum" Width="50px">
    </telerik:RadTextBox>
</td>
<td>
    <asp:Label ID="Label1" runat="server" Text="Label" Font-Bold="True" ForeColor="Green"></asp:Label>
</td>
<td>CU Name:
</td>
<td>
    <telerik:RadComboBox id="_ddCUName" Runat="server" Width="450px" EmptyMessage="Type a Credit Union Name" HighlightTemplatedItems="true" height="100px" EnableLoadOnDemand="true" OnItemsRequested="RadComboBoxProduct_ItemsRequested">
        <headertemplate>
            <TABLE>
                <TBODY>
                    <TR><TD>CU Name</TD><TD>City</TD><TD>State</TD></TR>
                </TBODY>
            </TABLE>
        </headertemplate>
        <itemtemplate>
            <TABLE>
                <TBODY>
                    <TR>
                        <TD><%#DataBinder.Eval(Container, "Text")%></TD>
                        <TD><%#DataBinder.Eval(Container, "Attributes['City']")%></TD>
                        <TD><%#DataBinder.Eval(Container, "Attributes['State']")%></TD>
                    </TR>
                </TBODY>
            </TABLE>
        </itemtemplate>
    </telerik:RadComboBox></td>
   Protected Sub RadComboBoxProduct_ItemsRequested(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As RadComboBoxItemsRequestedEventArgs)
        Dim sAsi_Num As Object
        If Me._txtCUNum.text = "" Then
            sAsi_Num = DBNull.Value
        Else
            sAsi_Num = Me._txtCUNum.text
        End If
        Try
  
            oConn.Open()
            Dim ocmd As New SqlCommand("sp_getCUSearch", oConn)
            ocmd.CommandType = CommandType.StoredProcedure
            With ocmd.Parameters
                .Add(New SqlParameter("@asi_num", sAsi_Num))
                .Add(New SqlParameter("@SearchStr", e.Text))
            End With
            reader = ocmd.ExecuteReader()
            If reader.HasRows Then
                '-------------------------
                While reader.Read
                    Dim item As New RadComboBoxItem()
  
                    item.Text = DirectCast(reader("cuName"), String)
                    item.Value = reader("asi_num").ToString()
  
                    Dim sCity As String = DirectCast(reader("City"), String)
                    Dim sState As String = DirectCast(reader("State_ID"), String)
  
                    item.Attributes.Add("City", sCity.ToString())
                    item.Attributes.Add("State", sState.ToString())
  
                    'item.Value += ":" + unitPrice.ToString()
  
                    _ddCUName.Items.Add(item)
  
                    item.DataBind()
                    'Next
                End While
'If sASI_Num <> "" then update Label1 & Have _ddCUName be updated with the value selected as it properly is returned by the stored procedure just not selected.
            End If
        Catch ex As Exception
        Finally
            oConn.Close()
        End Try
    End Sub
Simon
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Sep 2010
1 answer
148 views
I have a huge problem with my RadGrid. Included it into an aspx Site, filled with data. Everything is ok.

But if I select a row with the checkbox in the first column, the whole Grid moves higher the more deeper the selection was made (Only IE 7&8).
I hope you understand my problem by looking at the two screenshots.

Has anybody the same problem or better: a solution?
Dimo
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Sep 2010
1 answer
56 views
Hi,

I do have issue with the group by panel of radgrid control.
 When the group by Column is used and then try to edit the data having pop up window ,
the Popup window  get hidden behind the Group panel.
if grouping is not used the pop up appear properly .
i have attached snapshot img file for reference.
Kindly let me know were do i have might gave gone wrong.

Dimo
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Sep 2010
0 answers
86 views

This is the same post as "http://www.telerik.com/community/forums/aspnet-ajax/grid/filter-on-showing-results-on-postback.aspx"
(Sorry for the type in the title)
======================================================================================================
Hi -

I have a basic radGrid that I have wired up with a dataset using the Telerik AjaxManager and RadScriptManger.
 
I used the basic procedure outlined in the Rad Ajax Courseware. It worked the first time, but the second one I just created in not working.

Here's what is happening:

 

  • I enabled filtering on the grid via the SmartTag and PropertyBuilder->General Settings->Allow Filtering By Column.
  • I am using RadGrid.ReBind to initailly bind my grid to the data and this is working fine.
  • At runtime, the gird shows data and I can apply a filter by any column, but when I set the condition like "contains", the gird just disappreas. 
  • However, when I press any button on the form that causes a post back, the Grid then correctly shows the filtered data.

This is only the second grid I have wired up. What might be causing this unwanted behavior?

Any help is appreciated.

PS- I am using v2010.1.209.35

DuntonMCAD
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 13 Sep 2010
1 answer
178 views
Hi -

I have a basic radGrid that I have wired up with a dataset using the Telerik AjaxManager and RadScriptManger.
 
I used the basic procedure outlined in the Rad Ajax Courseware. It worked the first time, but the second one I just created in not working.

Here's what is happening:

 

  • I enabled filtering on the grid via the SmartTag and PropertyBuilder->General Settings->Allow Filtering By Column.
  • I am using RadGrid.ReBind to initailly bind my grid to the data and this is working fine.
  • At runtime, the gird shows data and I can apply a filter by any column, but when I set the condition like "contains", the gird just disappreas. 
  • However, when I press any button on the form that causes a post back, the Grid then correctly shows the filtered data.

This is only the second grid I have wired up. What might be causing this unwanted behavior?

Any help is appreciated.

PS- I am using v2010.1.209.35

DuntonMCAD
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 13 Sep 2010
7 answers
224 views
Dear all

I am facing a problem on opening a radWindow using a grid cell, the scenario is that an image button should hold an id that is used by the page to be opened. any ideas ... ? 

 
Mira
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Sep 2010
1 answer
122 views
Currently, I have a dynamically templated RadGrid. The RadGrid's commandItemTemplate is created during runtime. In this case, the ImageButton will appear on the left of the command template and the LiteralControl will be next to the ImageButton. How can I position the LiteralControl in the middle of the  CommandItemTemplate? I created the CommandItemTemplate using the ITemplate interface as shown below. Appreciate some help on positioning the LiteralControl to be in the middle/center of the CommandItemTemplate.

RadGrid1.MasterTableView.CommandItemTemplate = new CustomCommandItemTemplate(tableName);
 
//The CustomCommandItemTemplate class
public class CustomCommandItemTemplate : ITemplate
    {
private string tableName;
public CustomCommandItemTemplate(string tableName)
{
this.tableName = tableName;
}
public void InstantiateIn(System.Web.UI.Control Container)
        {
            ImageButton imgAdd = new ImageButton();
            imgAdd.ID = "add_button";
            imgAdd.CommandName = "InitInsert";
            imgAdd.ImageUrl = "~/Images/add.png";
            Container.Controls.Add(imgAdd);
 
            LiteralControl lit = new LiteralControl(tableName);
            lit.ID = tableName;
            Container.Controls.Add(lit);
}
}
Dimo
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Sep 2010
2 answers
122 views
It appears that setting the FilterControlWidth property affects both the textbox that appears in the header of the grid as well as the textbox that appears in the HeaderContextMenu Filter area.  I am assuming that it is currently not possible to set the width of one without affecting the width of the other. Am I correct in this assumption?

Seth
Seth
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 13 Sep 2010
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?