Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
128 views
Can I change the webmethod used somehow on the clientside?

I want to use a single panel to callback to the service (which has multiple methods)
sitefinitysteve
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Veteran
 answered on 14 Sep 2010
1 answer
136 views
Hi Folks:

Quick question. I have a RadGrid Displaying about 6 of 25 fields from a table. Of course, when I try to export to excel using the built-in tools, I only get the displayed fields ... is there a way where I could export all of those fields, or setup a different export procedure to export all of the fields.

Thanks in advance.

Larry
Daniel
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Sep 2010
1 answer
150 views
Hello,

I am having some issues with the RadGrid Export To Excel.  I am using the telerik 2010 Q1 RadGrid.  My grid designer code is as follows:

<telerik:RadGrid ID="RadGridResult" runat="server" Skin="Simple" PagerStyle-AlwaysVisible="true" Width="99%" OnNeedDataSource="RadGridResult_NeedDataSource"
     ItemStyle-Wrap="false" HeaderStyle-Wrap="false" AllowSorting="true" AllowPaging="true" PageSize="20" >
    <ClientSettings>
        <Scrolling AllowScroll="true" UseStaticHeaders="true" />
    </ClientSettings>
    <PagerStyle Mode="NumericPages"></PagerStyle>
    <MasterTableView ShowHeader="true" AutoGenerateColumns="false" TableLayout="Auto" ItemStyle-Wrap="false" UseAllDataFields="true"
        HeaderStyle-Wrap="false">
        <NoRecordsTemplate>
            <asp:Label ID="lblMsg" runat="server" Text="No Records found"></asp:Label>
        </NoRecordsTemplate>
        <Columns>
            <telerik:GridBoundColumn DataField="CallerName" HeaderText="Caller's Name" SortExpression="CallerName" UniqueName="CallerName" />
            <telerik:GridBoundColumn DataField="CallRequestorObject.CallRequestorDesc" HeaderText="Requestor Type" SortExpression="CallRequestorObject.CallRequestorDesc" UniqueName="RequestorType" />
            <telerik:GridBoundColumn DataField="Address1" HeaderText="Address" SortExpression="Address1" UniqueName="Address1" />
            <telerik:GridBoundColumn DataField="Address2" HeaderText="Address" SortExpression="Address2" UniqueName="Address2" />
            <telerik:GridBoundColumn DataField="City" HeaderText="City" SortExpression="City" UniqueName="City" />
            <telerik:GridBoundColumn DataField="StateCode" HeaderText="State" SortExpression="StateCode" UniqueName="StateCode" />
            <telerik:GridBoundColumn DataField="Zip" HeaderText="Zip" SortExpression="Zip" UniqueName="Zip" />
            <telerik:GridBoundColumn DataField="FormattedPhone" HeaderText="Phone Number" SortExpression="FormattedPhone" UniqueName="FormattedPhone" />
            <telerik:GridBoundColumn DataField="InquiryTypeObject.InquiryTypeDesc" HeaderText="Nature of Inquiry" SortExpression="InquiryTypeObject.InquiryTypeDesc" UniqueName="InquiryType" />
            <telerik:GridBoundColumn DataField="CallDate" HeaderButtonType="TextButton" HeaderText="Date of Call" SortExpression="CallDate" UniqueName="CallDate" DataFormatString="{0:MM/dd/yyyy hh:mm tt}" />
        </Columns>
    </MasterTableView>
    <ExportSettings>
        <Pdf FontType="Subset" PaperSize="Letter" />
        <Excel Format="ExcelML" />
        <Csv ColumnDelimiter="Comma" RowDelimiter="NewLine" />
    </ExportSettings>
    <ClientSettings>
        <Scrolling AllowScroll="True" />
    </ClientSettings>                            
</telerik:RadGrid>

My run-time code is as follows:

RadGridResult.ExportSettings.ExportOnlyData = true;
RadGridResult.ExportSettings.IgnorePaging = true;
RadGridResult.ExportSettings.OpenInNewWindow = true;
RadGridResult.MasterTableView.ExportToExcel();

When my some of my users (with Excel 2007) attempt to export a grid to Excel, they receive the message:

'C:\Documents and Settings\[username]\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\8ZAR05UB\RadGridExport[1].xls' could not be found.  Check the spelling of the file name, and verify that the file location is correct.

What could be causing this error?

Thanks
Daniel
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Sep 2010
2 answers
105 views
Ive followed the guide for adding custom CSS classes to the editor. They appear and style the text in the editor, but not in the front end. What is missing? 
Do i need to link to the custom CSS class on every page where content that has been edited with the rad editor is used?
Lautaro
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 13 Sep 2010
3 answers
260 views
Hello,

I have tried and searched everything in order to figure out how to hide pre-populated separator in my horizontal grid (which is loaded via XML).  I attached the picture.  Please don't mind the style, I know it's ugly, but it's what the client wants :)

Menu XML:

<Menu CssClass="RadMenu_Menu">
    <Group Flow="Horizontal">
        <Item
          Text="New"
          ImageURL="~/PresentationLayer/Images/Menu/Default/new.gif" />
        <Item
          Text="Delete Budget Split"
          ImageURL="~/PresentationLayer/Images/Menu/Default/delete.gif" />
        <Item
          Text="More Options"
          ImageURL="~/PresentationLayer/Images/Menu/Default/moreDown.gif" >
            <Group Flow="Vertical">
                <Item
                  Text="Edit"
                  ImageURL="~/PresentationLayer/Images/Menu/Default/edit.gif" />
                <Item
                  Text="Refresh List"
                  ImageURL="~/PresentationLayer/Images/Menu/Default/redo.gif" />
            </Group>
        </Item>
    </Group>
</Menu>


Thanks in advance!
msigman
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 13 Sep 2010
2 answers
128 views

Hi

in Telerik.Web.UI.dll v2010.2.616 RadAsyncUpload ContentType working but after this version ContentType always is application/octet-stream

now my question is in which version this error is corrected or will be?

mastermehdi
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 13 Sep 2010
5 answers
205 views
Is it possible to display the advanced insert template of the radscheduler on (custom) button click(handling it in the code behind)?I have a linkbutton in the page.  The radscheduler is also present in the same page.  I am trying to load the advanced insert template upon clicking the asp.net linkbutton.  Any help in this regard is highly appreciated.    
SSirica
Top achievements
Rank 3
Iron
Iron
Iron
 answered on 13 Sep 2010
2 answers
212 views
Hello,
I'm using the radgrid's templated edit mode,
in the template there is a button which opens a radwindow (in javascript) and passes the text from a textbox (which is also inside the edit template) to that radwindow.
and eventually when a button in the radwindow is clicked, the radwindow gets closed and updates the text inside that textbox.

Everything is done without posting back to the server.

my only problem is reading/writing from that textbox inside the templated edit form.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Izik
Izik
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 13 Sep 2010
3 answers
334 views
What I am trying to do is to have a country combobox that updates a state/region combobox, but if the country has no known state/region then hid the combobox and show a RadInput box.  I have the cascading drop downs working but cannot get it to hide the combobox and display the text box. any help would be appreciated.

Simon
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Sep 2010
10 answers
431 views
Hi,

I've used a radgrid with nestedviewtemplate, but placed a user control in the template as below.  The user control displays a form with details about the device (about 20 fields, including model, model description as in the Gridrow).  It all works as I would like, however, in the user control, I have the ability to update the "Device".  When the Device updates, I'd like the grid to rebind to show the update.  Is there a way I can rebind the grid from the user control, and have that row expanded after rebind?
<telerik:RadGrid ID="RadGrid1" DataSourceID="SqlDataSource1" runat="server" AutoGenerateColumns="False" OnItemDeleted="RadGrid1_ItemDeleted"  AllowAutomaticDeletes="True" ShowStatusBar="true" OnDataBound="RadGrid1_DataBound" >
<MasterTableView DataSourceID="SqlDataSource1" DataKeyNames="Device_Id, Model" AllowMultiColumnSorting="True" GroupLoadMode="Server">
<Columns>
<telerik:GridBoundColumn DataField="Device_Id" HeaderText="Device_Id" SortExpression="Device_Id" UniqueName="Device_Id">
</telerik:GridBoundColumn>
<telerik:GridBoundColumn DataField="Model" HeaderText="Model" SortExpression="Model" UniqueName="Model">
</telerik:GridBoundColumn>
<telerik:GridBoundColumn DataField="Model_Desc" HeaderText="Model_Desc" SortExpression="Model_Desc" UniqueName="Model_Desc">
</telerik:GridBoundColumn>
<telerik:GridButtonColumn ConfirmText="Delete this device?" ConfirmDialogType="RadWindow" ConfirmTitle="Delete" ButtonType="ImageButton" CommandName="Delete" Text="Delete" UniqueName="DeleteColumn">
<HeaderStyle Width="50px"  />
<ItemStyle HorizontalAlign="Center" CssClass="MyImageButton" Width="50px" />
</telerik:GridButtonColumn>
</Columns>
<NestedViewSettings DataSourceID="SqlDataSource2">
<ParentTableRelation>
<telerik:GridRelationFields DetailKeyField="Device_Id" MasterKeyField="Device_Id" />
</ParentTableRelation>
</NestedViewSettings>
<NestedViewTemplate>
<asp:Panel ID="NestedViewPanel" runat="server" CssClass="viewWrap" Width="95%">
<div class="contactWrap">
<fieldset style="padding: 10px;">
<legend style="padding: 5px;">Detail info for Device:   ID: <%#Eval("Device_Id") %>  |  Model: <%#Eval("Model") %></legend>
<ucUPNG:ucUPNG ID="ucUPNG" runat="server" Key='<%#Eval("Device_Id") %>'  />
</fieldset>
</div>
</asp:Panel>
</NestedViewTemplate>
</MasterTableView>
<PagerStyle Mode="NumericPages"></PagerStyle>
<ClientSettings AllowDragToGroup="true" />
</telerik:RadGrid>
Jason
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 13 Sep 2010
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?