Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
2 answers
133 views
i want to change text..like new appoinment to "new schedule".

for detail see this image.
Jayesh Goyani
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 14 Sep 2010
2 answers
163 views

Hello Telerik Team,

In my project I need to open a new page from source page. On the target page I need to access Page.PreviousPage property. This can be done just when you specify PostBackURL attribute on e.g. asp:button control.

I call openning target page from client side as:

<asp:Button ID="Button2" OnClientClick="OpenAttachmentWindow(); return false;" runat="server"></asp:Button>
Javascript function is:
function OpenAttachmentWindow() { 
               var wnd = $find("<%= AttachmentWindow.ClientID %>");                 
               wnd.show(); 
           }
RadWindow definition on :
<telerik:RadWindowManager ID="RadWindowManager2" runat="server">
    <Windows>
        <telerik:RadWindow runat="server" Width="560px" Height="440px" 
            NavigateUrl="~/Pages/AttachmentWindow.aspx" ID="AttachmentWindow"
            Modal="true" ReloadOnShow="true" Animation="Fade" Title="ÄŒakajte">
        </telerik:RadWindow>
    </Windows>
</telerik:RadWindowManager>

 


The question is how can I open target page from source page via RadWindow and apply PostBackURL or Server.transfer from server side which allows me to access Page.PreviousPage property.

I've found some useful links to my needs on the web.
http://www.dotnetcurry.com/ShowArticle.aspx?ID=71
http://ramanisandeep.wordpress.com/2010/01/09/access-viewstate-across-pages-in-asp-net/

Thank you for your help...

Regards Vasssek

Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
 answered on 14 Sep 2010
1 answer
130 views
Hi
hopefully the title of this post is not to confusing. Here is what I want to do:

I have a single stored procedure which returns "Customers" as the first result set and "Orders" as the second result set and "OrderDetails" as the third result set.

I use the Entity Framework Extensions to get the returned Entities into a single ObjectContext.

This works fine - I used it many times with Silverlight and WCF - all the entities and relations are materialized just fine.

This means, with a single call to a "highly specific optimized magic" Stored Procedure I get all the "master" entities and their related "child" entities at once. Good for the server, good for me, good for the environment ;)

Now what I want to do is:

Show the "master" entities and the related "child" entities in a hierarchical ASP.NET AJAX RadGrid.

What I don't know yet:

How to do it ;)
[The EntityDataSource does not work in this scenario, I guess.]

How to avoid multiple trips between the server and the client using hierarchical entities from a single context.
[There is no example or documentation covering this.]


Summary:

How to show Master-Detail "Entity Framework" Entities in a hierarchical RadGrid that come from a single call to a Stored Procedure ?

How to avoid multiple client calls to the server to fill the hierarchy from the Entities in the ObjectContext into the RadGrid ?

How would you solve this using OpenAccess ORM instead of the Entity Framework - Keeping in mind that all the data is returned from a single stored procedure call which returns the complete hierarchy in multiple result sets at once?


Cheers

Bernd
Radoslav
Telerik team
 answered on 14 Sep 2010
1 answer
133 views
Hi,

Is there a way to enable the captcha control to render a new image when the browser has javascript disabled?
Pero
Telerik team
 answered on 14 Sep 2010
3 answers
106 views
Hi

I have a function that creates,populates then returns a RadDoc. This function runs an unknow quantity of times depending on results returns from my db.
This returned dock is then added to a specific dock zone base on data in the database.

ie

 

 

 

 

For Each dashitemrow As Data.DataRowView In dsDashItems.Select(DataSourceSelectArguments.Empty)
  
            Dim dock As RadDock = CreateRadDock(dashitemrow("Itemtype"), dashitemrow("Itemid"))
  
            Select Case dashitemrow("dockindex")
  
                Case 11
                    RadDockZone11.Controls.Add(dock)
                Case 12
                    RadDockZone12.Controls.Add(dock)
                Case 21
                    RadDockZone21.Controls.Add(dock)
            End Select
  
        Next

For varying reason I want to manage the position of the docks myself and not use the dockstate.

My question is, how for these dynamically created contols can I  detect / write the DockpositionChanged event so i can then retrieve the .dockzoneID and .Index and then store them in my database?
I can do this with a statically created dock, but I am not sure how this is implemented dynamically.


I think I need something like:

detect a DockpositionChanged event in a RadDock within the RadDockLayout
    determine which Dock has fired the event
    get this dock's .dockzoneID, .Index and it's DB reference (which I could hide somewhere)
    call my DB_SP with .dockzoneid, .index and id to complete reorder
end event


Thanks

Johnathan

Pero
Telerik team
 answered on 14 Sep 2010
9 answers
149 views
Can I use Telerik asp.net ajax in Microsoft Web Developer (the free ASP.NET application ), and if so, are there any limitations.? I'm going after a one page app with RadGrid and a few forms.

Thanks

New and will hiring a developer, but want to follow along and learn.
Sebastian
Telerik team
 answered on 14 Sep 2010
1 answer
88 views
Can we get a property to have the panel do a callback to the specified webmethod on page load?  I'm writing a composite control and it would save me from having to attach a script just to do the callback :)
Pero
Telerik team
 answered on 14 Sep 2010
1 answer
99 views
Hello, I'm following the sample on the demo page:

Dim uploader As RadUpload = e.Item.FindControl("RadUpload1")
         Dim imageFile As UploadedFile = Nothing
         If uploader.UploadedFiles.Count > 0 Then
            imageFile = uploader.UploadedFiles(0)
         End If


In my radgrid i have an edittemplate with radupload in it. Everything shows up fine, i browse, select file, and click insert, this kicks off the event where the above snippet sits in. but the uploader shows 0 files all the time. I found a mention of something like "enableajax="off", but i don't see that as one of the options in this release. What am I missing?

Thanks,
Viktor.
Princy
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 14 Sep 2010
1 answer
99 views

Dear Team,

Column text filed will dispay hyper link and like as Checkbox ,
when i select the checkbox we can use it another process.
when i click hyper link go to other page..

same process using Single Column.....

please Can u help me..


With Regards
S.Kannadasan

Dimo
Telerik team
 answered on 14 Sep 2010
1 answer
116 views
Hi, I have question. It is possible to set only horizontal scroll ? When I change 'Page Size' I want to my grid height get increase ,but still with horizontal scroll, not vertical.
Pavlina
Telerik team
 answered on 14 Sep 2010
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?