Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
5 answers
249 views
I have created a dynamic  dashboard for my application using code from the following two examples:


I have modified the My Portal example to fit our data structure, but the way that user-controls are dynamically added into RadDocks to create "widgets" is the same as the My Portal example.  My problem is that about half of my user-controls are using the Grid context menu technique mentioned above.  When one of these user-control/dock objects gets added to the page I get the following JS error which is puzzling to me.  

Message: Sys.WebForms.PageRequestManagerServerErrorException: An unknown error occurred while processing the request on the server. The status code returned from the server was: 500 
Line: 6 
Char: 62099 
Code: 0 
URI: http://localhost:53177/Website/Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource.axd?_TSM_HiddenField_=ctl00_ScriptManagerMain_HiddenField&compress=1&_TSM_CombinedScripts_=%3b%3bSystem.Web.Extensions%2c+Version%3d3.5.0.0%2c+Culture%3dneutral%2c+PublicKeyToken%3d31bf3856ad364e35%3aen-US%3ad0c4ca6e-6b5d-49b6-922d-5244924fb100%3aea597d4b%3ab25378d2 

My guess to as what is happening is that the RowContextMenu function has not been loaded at the time the Grid is looking for it.  I am not using a RadAjaxManager on this page, only an asp:updatepanel with the button that adds the dock set as an AsyncPostBackTrigger.

How can I get this two great code samples to cooperate with each other? Please let me know if more information is needed.  

Thanks, Andy

Edit:  I should also add that this also occurs on a separate page where a user-control that is being loaded dynamically and contains a  RadGrid and is using the RowContextMenu code.

There error I get here is more helpful in deciphering the issue but I do not know how to go about fixing it still:

Message: 'PersonToDoRowContextMenu' is undefined 
Line: 204658269 
Char: 5 
Code: 0 
URI: http://localhost:53177/Website/Contacts/Contacts.aspx 
 

This seems to back up my guessing that the JS is not added when the grid looks for it.
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 01 Oct 2010
1 answer
828 views
Hi,

  I am trying last 3 days for one solution. But i could not fix it still. Problem is this one.

I am using telerik rad script manager in my asp.net web page. I have two update panel. one update panel is for whole page and
another update panel for one particular control. I put two drop down list in the second update panel. I gave AutoPostback = "True".
In update panel i gave UpdateMode = "Conditional". What my requirement is when i click selectedindexchanged in the first drop down the data will bind in the second drop down. I am using the Trigger event in the update panel for this event. My problem is the i select the value in the drop down, the selectedIndexChanged is fired and data bind in the second dropdown. This is happening in the first time only. When i click again in another value (second,third), nothing happened in the second drop down list that is the selectedIndexchanged is not fired. I gave ChildrenAsTriggers = "false" in the update panel, guided from one forum. But it doesnt work. This is my aspx designer page,.

 

<form id="MAPPNHSTDAfrm" runat="server">

 

<telerik:RadScriptManager ID="RdScptMgrMAppNHSTDAfrm" EnablePartialRendering="true"

 

 

AsyncPostBackTimeout = "36000" runat="server">

 

 

</telerik:RadScriptManager>

 

 

<telerik:RadStyleSheetManager ID="RdStyMgrMAppNHSTDAfrm" EnableStyleSheetCombine="true"

 

 

runat="server">

 

 

</telerik:RadStyleSheetManager>

 

 

<asp:UpdatePanel ID="unGeneralInformation" runat="server" UpdateMode="Conditional">

 

 

<ContentTemplate>

 

 

<div class="contentcontainer">

 

 

<fieldset style="width:98%;height:93%">

 

 

<div style="overflow: auto; height: 100%; width: 99%" id="Div1" runat="server">

 

 

<div style="height: 100%; width: 98%" id="ManifestDiv" runat="server">

 

 

<table border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="2" width="100%">

 

 

<tr>

 

 

<td colspan="7">

 

 

<fieldset>

 

 

<legend>General Information</legend>

 

 

<table border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="2" width="100%">

 

 

<tr>

 

 

<td class="datafield width0" width="4%">

 

 

</td>

 

 

<td class="datatext width1" width="20%">

 

 

MISIS ID.

 

 

</td>

 

 

<td class="datafield" width="26%">

 

 

<asp:TextBox ID="uxMISISNo2" runat="server" Enabled="false" />

 

 

</td>

 

 

<td id="Td3" runat="server" width="26%">

 

 

&nbsp;

 

 

</td>

 

 

<td id="Td4" class="datafield" width="24%">

 

 

&nbsp;

 

 

</td>

 

 

</tr>

 

 

<tr>

 

 

<td class="datafield width0">

 

 

&nbsp;

 

 

</td>

 

 

<td class="datatext width1">

 

 

Birth Date

 

 

<br />

 

 

(DD-MMM-YYYY)

 

 

</td>

 

 

<td class="datafield">

 

 

<telerik:RadDatePicker ID="uxDateofBirth2" runat="server" DateInput-DateFormat="dd-MMM-yyyy"

 

 

Enabled="false" Skin="Default2006">

 

 

<DateInput ID="DateInput6" runat="server" LabelCssClass="radLabelCss_Default2006"

 

 

Skin="Default2006">

 

 

</DateInput>

 

 

<Calendar ID="Calendar5" runat="server" Skin="Default2006" UseColumnHeadersAsSelectors="False"

 

 

UseRowHeadersAsSelectors="False" ViewSelectorText="x">

 

 

</Calendar>

 

 

<DatePopupButton CssClass="radPopupImage_Default2006" />

 

 

</telerik:RadDatePicker>

 

 

</td>

 

 

<td id="Td5" runat="server" style="width: 100%;">

 

 

Cohort :

 

 

<asp:DropDownList ID="uxCohort" runat="server">

 

 

<asp:ListItem Value="1">--Select--</asp:ListItem>

 

 

<asp:ListItem Value="2">Green</asp:ListItem>

 

 

<asp:ListItem Value="3">Yellow</asp:ListItem>

 

 

</asp:DropDownList>

 

 

</td>

 

 

</tr>

 

 

<tr>

 

 

<td class="datafield width0">

 

 

</td>

 

 

<td class="datatext width1">

 

 

Trust and Allocation Code

 

 

</td>

 

 

<asp:UpdatePanel ID="unTACDetails" runat="server" UpdateMode="Conditional" >

 

 

<ContentTemplate>

 

 

<td id="Td7" runat="server">

 

 

Branch :

 

&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;

 

<asp:DropDownList ID="TrustAllocationBranch" runat="server"

 

 

AutoPostBack="true" OnSelectedIndexChanged="TrustAllocationBranch_SelectedIndexChanged">

 

 

</asp:DropDownList>

 

 

</td>

 

 

<td id="Td8" runat="server">

 

 

Trust :

 

&nbsp;&nbsp;

 

<asp:DropDownList ID="TrustAllocationTrust" runat="server" Width="85%">

 

 

</asp:DropDownList>

 

 

</td>

 

 

</ContentTemplate>

 

 

<Triggers>

 

 

<asp:AsyncPostBackTrigger ControlID="TrustAllocationBranch" EventName="SelectedIndexChanged" />

 

 

</Triggers>

 

 

</asp:UpdatePanel>

 

 

</tr>

 

 

</table>
</div>

 

 

</div>

 

 

</fieldset>

 

 

</div>

 

 

</ContentTemplate>

 

 

</asp:UpdatePanel>

 

 

</form>
========================================================
This is i put it in the above aspx page inside:
--------------------------------------------------------
<asp:UpdatePanel ID="unTACDetails" runat="server" UpdateMode="Conditional" >

 

 

<ContentTemplate>

 

 

<td id="Td7" runat="server">

 

 

Branch :

 

 

 

&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;

 

<asp:DropDownList ID="TrustAllocationBranch" runat="server"

 

 

AutoPostBack="true" OnSelectedIndexChanged="TrustAllocationBranch_SelectedIndexChanged">

 

 

</asp:DropDownList>

 

 

</td>

 

 

<td id="Td8" runat="server">

 

 

Trust :

 

 

 

&nbsp;&nbsp;

 

<asp:DropDownList ID="TrustAllocationTrust" runat="server" Width="85%">

 

 

</asp:DropDownList>

 

 

</td>

 

 

</ContentTemplate>

 

 

<Triggers>

 

 

<asp:AsyncPostBackTrigger ControlID="TrustAllocationBranch" EventName="SelectedIndexChanged" />

 

 

</Triggers>

 

 

</asp:UpdatePanel>

=====================================================================================

This is my server side code
======================
protected void TrustAllocationBranch_SelectedIndexChanged(object sender, EventArgs e)

 

 

{

TrustAllocationTrust.ClearSelection();

TrustAllocationTrust.Items.Clear();

 

 

if (TrustAllocationBranch.SelectedIndex == 1)

 

 {

FillForBranchAdult();

}

 

if (TrustAllocationBranch.SelectedIndex == 2)

 

 {

FillForBranchChild();

}

 

if (TrustAllocationBranch.SelectedIndex == 3)

 

 {

FillForBranchMentalHealth();

}

 

 

}

What is the problem? I solved this problem without update panel. But without updatepanel, the page is refreshed and my tab is disappeared. So i choose this way. Give me a solution.
Thanks
Ashok

 

 

Iana Tsolova
Telerik team
 answered on 01 Oct 2010
16 answers
200 views
hi,

in my master page, I have RadScriptManager control, and RadAjaxPanel,

as I an new in rad controls, I was following a video to very basic update a lable without postback (http://tv.telerik.com/watch/aspnet/radajax/radajax-overview), when I run my site, after I click the link button to update the lable, somethimes I got this error:  

Microsoft JScript runtime error: Sys.WebForms.PageRequestManagerServerErrorException: Invalid JSON primitive: .

so how shall I solve it?
Pavlina
Telerik team
 answered on 01 Oct 2010
1 answer
134 views
I am using group by expressions to divide my grid into groups. I am using data that can exist in one of two groups, Group A and Group B for example. In some instances, data from one of the two groups is not present in the data source. I would still like to display a group header for the empty group and indicate that there are 0 (zero) records in the group. How do I go about adding a GroupHeaderItem to the Grid?
Iana Tsolova
Telerik team
 answered on 01 Oct 2010
7 answers
1.0K+ views
Hi,
how can I build a mask for the MasedTextBox where it is possible to enter a numeric value from -999 to 999? I cannot use the NumericTextBox for this purpose.
Best regards.
Ferdinand
Dominik Gierse
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 01 Oct 2010
2 answers
200 views
Hi all!

I would like to add all data from one column of RadGrid into the RadCombox.
I'm just the new one of Telerik. Please help!

Thanks!

Andy.
Andy
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 01 Oct 2010
1 answer
160 views
Hello,

I am using a RadEditor and am exporting the HTML content to PDF .
For all the pages in the generated pdf i want to have common Header and Footer which are images.

Currently the RadEditor provides a property "PageTitle" which accepts only Text.
Is it possible to have Header and Footer has an Image ?

Regards,
Krishna
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 01 Oct 2010
2 answers
369 views
Hello,

I want to add the ValidatorCallout from AjaxControlToolkit (ValidatorCallout)
to add this control i have to add the AjaxControlToolkit  ScriptManager.

In my web i have Master page, and on this master page i have the RadScriptManager and i cant add anther script manager over there.
i have use the 2009 Q3 telerik version, there is any way i can use both of the script manager or merge the javascript file that i need from the ajax control toolkit?

Or maybe telerik have and tooltip validator that i can use?

thinks for help,
Jin.
SomeOne
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 01 Oct 2010
1 answer
148 views
I am trying to use radeditor to edit a file.  The steps I need to go through are

- read the file (rtf or docx) from the web server and load it into the radeditor
- save the changed version back to the webserver (though upload)

I was reading the example that used the LoadRtfContent method but I dont see the same for the radeditor that I have placed on the form.  Was this feature added in a specific version of Rad ?
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 01 Oct 2010
4 answers
221 views
Hi
I have a form with field RadDatePicker and its SelectedDate property set to 01/01/1980
How can I validate this control.

<asp:Label ID="lbDOB" runat="server" Text="Date of Birth: (dd/mm/yyyy)"  
             AssociatedControlID="txtDOB" Height="35px" Width="300px"></asp:Label>         
         <telerik:RadDatePicker ID="txtDOB" runat="server" DateFormat="dd/MM/yyyy" 
             Culture="English (United Kingdom)" Width="125px" MinDate="01/01/1950 00:00:00"
              SelectedDate="01/01/1980">               
         </telerik:RadDatePicker>
          <asp:RequiredFieldValidator runat="server" ID="RequiredFieldValidator1"
ControlToValidate="txtDOB" ErrorMessage="Enter a date!"></asp:RequiredFieldValidator>

Why cant we use InitialValue='01/01/1980' in RFV.

Thanks in advance.
S
Sucheta Patil
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 01 Oct 2010
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?