Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
5 answers
131 views
Hello,

I have an issue with  RadSchedule control in WeekView mode. In our requirements we have  different work time for different days of the week. Please let me know schedule control whether support this behavior.


Thanks
Akil Mucha
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 05 Nov 2010
3 answers
163 views
Dear there,

I am using radgrid control, everything was working well before  i applied grouping, but afterthere sorting is not working.  

here is my grid, my grid is simpy binding on pageload event. Do i need to write manual sortcommand on server side ?

<telerik:RadGrid ID="RadGrid1" AllowSorting="true" Width="100%"   runat="server" >
              
            <MasterTableView  TableLayout="Fixed" DataKeyNames="KEYID" ClientDataKeyNames="KEYID" GridLines="Both" 
             GroupsDefaultExpanded="true"  
             GroupLoadMode="client"   >
              
             <GroupByExpressions>
              
                    <telerik:GridGroupByExpression>
                      
                        <SelectFields >
                            <telerik:GridGroupByField SortOrder="Ascending"   FieldAlias="EMPDOH" FieldName="EMPDOH" FormatString="{0:D}" HeaderValueSeparator=" from date: "></telerik:GridGroupByField>
                        </SelectFields>
                        <GroupByFields>
                            <telerik:GridGroupByField FieldName="EMPDOH" SortOrder="Ascending"></telerik:GridGroupByField>
                        </GroupByFields>
                    </telerik:GridGroupByExpression >
                     
                </GroupByExpressions>
  
                <Columns>
                    <telerik:GridClientSelectColumn UniqueName="ClientSelectColumn" />
                    <telerik:GridBoundColumn UniqueName="KEYID" Display="false" DataField="KEYID">
                    </telerik:GridBoundColumn>
                    <telerik:GridBoundColumn HeaderText="Employees" DataField="Name" UniqueName="Name"
                        ShowFilterIcon="false" SortExpression="Name" AllowFiltering="true" FilterControlWidth="100"
                        AutoPostBackOnFilter="true" />
                    <telerik:GridBoundColumn HeaderText="Pay Period" DataField="Description" UniqueName="Description"
                        ShowFilterIcon="false" SortExpression="Description">
                        <FilterTemplate>
                            <telerik:RadComboBox ID="RadComboBoxPP" CausesValidation="false" Width="100" DataSourceID="SqlDataSourcePP"
                                DataTextField="Code" DataValueField="Code" Height="100px" AppendDataBoundItems="true"
                                OnClientSelectedIndexChanged="SelectedIndexChanged" SelectedValue='<%# TryCast(Container, GridItem).OwnerTableView.GetColumn("Description").CurrentFilterValue %>'
                                runat="server">
                                <Items>
                                    <telerik:RadComboBoxItem Text="All" />
                                </Items>
                            </telerik:RadComboBox>
                            <telerik:RadScriptBlock ID="RadScriptBlock1" runat="server">
  
                                <script type="text/javascript">
                                    function SelectedIndexChanged(sender, args) {
                                        var tableView = $find("<%# TryCast(Container, GridItem).OwnerTableView.ClientID %>");
                                        sender.value = args.get_item().get_value();
                                        tableView.filter("Description", args.get_item().get_value(), "EqualTo");
                                    }
                                </script>
  
                            </telerik:RadScriptBlock>
                        </FilterTemplate>
                    </telerik:GridBoundColumn>
                    <telerik:GridBoundColumn HeaderText="Department" DataField="Department" UniqueName="Department"
                        ShowFilterIcon="false" SortExpression="Department">
                        <FilterTemplate>
                            <telerik:RadComboBox ID="RadComboBoxDep" CausesValidation="false" DataSourceID="SqlDataSourceDepartment"
                                Width="120" DataTextField="Department" DataValueField="Department" Height="100px"
                                AppendDataBoundItems="true" OnClientSelectedIndexChanged="SelectedIndexChanged2"
                                SelectedValue='<%# TryCast(Container, GridItem).OwnerTableView.GetColumn("Department").CurrentFilterValue %>'
                                runat="server">
                                <Items>
                                    <telerik:RadComboBoxItem Text="All" />
                                </Items>
                            </telerik:RadComboBox>
                            <telerik:RadScriptBlock ID="RadScriptBlock2" runat="server">
  
                                <script type="text/javascript">
                                    function SelectedIndexChanged2(sender, args) {
                                        var tableView = $find("<%# TryCast(Container, GridItem).OwnerTableView.ClientID %>");
                                        sender.value = args.get_item().get_value();
                                        tableView.filter("Department", args.get_item().get_value(), "EqualTo");
                                    }
                                </script>
  
                            </telerik:RadScriptBlock>
                        </FilterTemplate>
                    </telerik:GridBoundColumn>
                    <telerik:GridDateTimeColumn ReadOnly="true" DataField="Paydate" HeaderText="Pay Date"
                        DataFormatString="{0:d}" DataType="System.DateTime" UniqueName="PayDate" AllowFiltering="true"
                        SortExpression="PayDate" FilterControlWidth="90" />
                    <telerik:GridBoundColumn AllowFiltering="false" HeaderText="Start Date" DataFormatString="{0:d}"
                        DataField="PayDateFrom" UniqueName="PayDateFrom" DataType="System.DateTime" ShowFilterIcon="false"
                        SortExpression="PayDateFrom" />
                    <telerik:GridBoundColumn HeaderText="End Date" DataField="Paydateto" DataFormatString="{0:d}"
                        UniqueName="Paydateto" DataType="System.DateTime" ShowFilterIcon="false" AllowFiltering="false"
                        SortExpression="Paydateto" />
                    <telerik:GridBoundColumn HeaderText="Hire/Rehire" DataField="EMPDOH" Groupable="true" UniqueName="EMPDOH"
                        DataFormatString="{0:d}" DataType="System.DateTime" ShowFilterIcon="false" AllowFiltering="false"
                        SortExpression="EMPDOH" />
                    <telerik:GridBoundColumn DataField="hdismass" UniqueName="hdismass" Display="false"
                        HeaderText="hdismass" AllowFiltering="false" />
                    <telerik:GridBoundColumn HeaderText="hds" DataField="hds" Display="false" UniqueName="hds"
                        AllowFiltering="false" />
                </Columns>
            </MasterTableView>
            <ClientSettings AllowColumnsReorder="false" ReorderColumnsOnClient="false" AllowExpandCollapse="true"  >
                <Selecting AllowRowSelect="true" />
                <Resizing AllowRowResize="false" EnableRealTimeResize="True" ResizeGridOnColumnResize="true"
                    AllowColumnResize="false"></Resizing>
            </ClientSettings>
             <GroupingSettings ShowUnGroupButton="true" />
  
        </telerik:RadGrid>
Pavlina
Telerik team
 answered on 05 Nov 2010
1 answer
68 views
Is it possible to give different DayStartTime and DayEndTime for each day in weekview?
For example, I have a doctor work from 9AM to 5PM on Monday, 1PM to 7PM on Tuesday, 5PM to 10PM on Wednesday and ...?
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 05 Nov 2010
1 answer
87 views
Hello,

I'm having a problem with the editing section of my custom schedule provider based on the MyDbSchedulerProvider example.  It originally worked with no problems, but now I just created a new Visual Studio solution using the same DB and SchedulerProvider, but now the edit page is 'locked' with no functionality.

The scheduler populates existing 'appointments', and I'm even able to drag existing appointment to different days with no problems, creating new appointments works, but a 'New Recurring Appointment' freezes, or when trying to edit an existing appointment I get an unpopulated form except for the 'Subject', but nothing is edittable.  The save and cancel buttons don't work either.

This sounds similiar to the problem using custom advanced templates.  But as mentioned, I have a custom provider.
I've been troubleshooting this for a few days now with no success.  Any ideas or suggestions on where to look as to what may cause this is much appreciated.

Version: 2010.2.929.40

Thank you in advance,
Ronnie
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 05 Nov 2010
3 answers
164 views
When I create an appointment it does not take up the entire width of the containing cell. Is there anyway I can change this? Thanks!
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 05 Nov 2010
1 answer
166 views
Hi,

I have something that i need urgent help for. I am designing a scheduler appplication for one of our clients and asked them buy the Telerik control as it covers most of the requirements, however below are some of the concerns we are facing in application designed.

1. Performance

We are using Modal forms for advanced insert and edit. Everything is working fine as per the functionality is concerned, however clicking New appointment or edit appointment buttons takes considerable amount of time for window to open. Some times we even face time out issues. We have tuned the database to work bit faster on all queries, but still the slowness exists. Considering the application being used for support staff this is surely not going to be be accepted. However first of all i would like you to suggest me the way to increase time out period and imporove performance.

2. Databinding

On the advanced form i have radcombobox for filtering all the persons. Now i have two more controls on page that are bound with the person value selected in this field i.e. Databound control to display person contact and address details and a grid all teh way down to isplay all other appointments for that person. 

Now t bind data with these two controls i am taking selected person value from combobox and posting the page back for databinding. However this postback closes teh advanced form and takes considerable amout of time to open again. Any suggessions to improve this behaviour will be very much helpful. I woudl liek to avoid postback for databinding.

I would like you guys to help me on these two items as soon as possible as this needs to be resolved on urgent basis to close the deal, however my main concern is the speed and performance. Please suggest me a quick way out of this.

Regards,
Sachin  
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 05 Nov 2010
7 answers
336 views
Hi there

I cannot work out how to change the background colour of my radEditor content area. I know about how I need to use a separate EditorCssFile in the markup for the editor, but I consistently find that the styles defined in that css file, although they are applied, are then overridden by the styles saved in WebResource.axd. I thought it was supposed to be the other way round? This is how things look when I check out the problem in Firefox with Firebug:

.reContentCell, .reContentCell iframe {
background-color:white;
}

in WebResource.axd
overrides

.reContentCell, .reContentCell iframe {
background-color:#006699;
}

in my custom css file
as specified in the <CSSFiles> <telerik: EditorCssFile> property.

Does anybody know why this could be happening, I've had to spend hours on this already, trying no end of work arounds!

Regards



Paul Robertson
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 05 Nov 2010
1 answer
81 views
Hello,

I am exporting to an ICS file using RadScheduler.ExportToICalendar, but the reminders nor the resources are being included in the exported file. I have created a custom provider, and the appointment has the reminders and resources in memory at the time of the export.
I'm running the latest version of the Ajax RadControls.

Thanks,

Scott
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 05 Nov 2010
6 answers
229 views
Hi,

Is it possible to restrict dragging and dropping of appointments to only one direction? For example in the timeline view only allow moving of appointments from one resource to another (vertically) and not allow the changing of the time of the appointment (horizontally)? Would it be possible to restrict dragging and dropping so that movement would be possible only in one direction at a time?


--
Lasse
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 05 Nov 2010
2 answers
123 views
I am using the Radlistview for our Catalog which is working great.

What i am trying to accomplish is a "Show all" button so some that do not want to page do not have too. 

I tried to just set the Allowpaging = false then rebind the listview after clicking a linkbutton but that did not seem to work. The linkbutton is outside the listview.
I guess I could get the pages size and increase accordingly. Not sure the best way to handle this.

Any suggestions?


Thanks
Pavlina
Telerik team
 answered on 05 Nov 2010
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?