Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
475 views
I am fairly new to using Telerik.  In my latest project, it has been requested that I create a left-hand side dashboard (like a sidebar).  We are hoping that it can be clicked in and it will slide out and back in when the user is done with it.  Does anyone have any suggestions on the best control to use? I discovered the RadDock, but I'm not sure if that's the best solution. Thanks!
Dimo
Telerik team
 answered on 05 Nov 2010
2 answers
215 views
Hi,

I've implemented the example suggested in the following thread:
http://www.telerik.com/community/code-library/aspnet-ajax/grid/separate-scrolls-for-inner-tables-in-hierarchical-grid.aspx

And I was wondering if there was a way to keep the scroll position of the <Div> for the details?
My Details has several controls that cause postbacks and each time the positionning is reset.

Thanks
Alex
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 05 Nov 2010
1 answer
78 views
I have two pages both with dynamicaly declared grids.
Page A posts to page B. But this page throws an error because the grid does not match the viewstate (of the previous page).
How can I solve this problem?
Pavlina
Telerik team
 answered on 05 Nov 2010
4 answers
739 views
Is there a way to create a custom delete confirmation using RadWindow that would allow me to ask the user about delete options when performing the delete?  I need to be able to ask the user when deleting a record if the related records should also be deleted, or unlinked.
Vasil
Telerik team
 answered on 05 Nov 2010
1 answer
67 views
Hi

Grid causing 'page expired' after sorting/paging. When a grid is paged or sorted and then user selects the back button 'page expired' page is displayed, is there anyway around this?

Thanks
Kieran
Pavlina
Telerik team
 answered on 05 Nov 2010
1 answer
70 views
I am trying to see if there is a way to create a custom drag handle on the title bar.  I am trying to to do this, because I have a textbox and a search button on the titlebar as shown and I don't want to put the dock in non-draggable mode to search type in the textbox and click the button.  One way I accomplished this is by adding some javascript to disable the draggability when typing in the text box and hovering over the button.  However, this is not foolproof.  So, I am wondering if there is a better solution to this without having a button like you all do in your examples to put the dock in non-draggable mode. Also how do you actually center something in the titlebar, because when I added the custom template my title disappeared!
Pero
Telerik team
 answered on 05 Nov 2010
3 answers
140 views
I am in the process of upgrading the radcontrols to asp .net ajax. 
The raddatetimepicker is causing problems with this.
the error i get is 
Value of '1/1/0001 12:00:00 AM' is not valid for 'SelectedDate'. 'SelectedDate' should be between 'MinDate' and 'MaxDate'.
Parameter name: SelectedDate

i have three options to show a document
1) show document
2) hide document
3) show for date range (this one take a show start and show end date)

for the first two options we are saving null in the database and when this value is returned it throws the error mentioned above. it works fine for the third option. 

any ideas as to how to return a null value for a raddatetimepicker when the value in the database is null??

Thanks!
Maria Ilieva
Telerik team
 answered on 05 Nov 2010
1 answer
113 views
Hi
 I am using load on demand through web service. Since i am doing some logic check in the web service, i need some parameters from the page, how can i do that? It seems like you can not pass any parameter except the builtin ItemIndex. Am i missing something? If not, what are workarounds? Thanks

-Samir
Fiko
Telerik team
 answered on 05 Nov 2010
6 answers
135 views
I have created RadComboBox dynamic in placeholder. that page having more then one RadComboBox. more over i have added RadPanel to avoid postback as each of the RadComboBox are firing seleceted index change event on which i have to start some processs.

The issue is, when selectedindex get fired get posted and rendered the page. after this I am not able to click on RadCombo anymore! Its not selecteing or fireing any event. the best part is it does not have any javascript error!

Anyone find this issue? any work around to this?
Yana
Telerik team
 answered on 05 Nov 2010
3 answers
122 views
<telerik:RadGrid ID="radGridActivity" runat="server" OnNeedDataSource="radGridActivity_NeedDataSource"
                            OnDeleteCommand="radGridActivity_DeleteCommand" Skin="Windows7" GridLines="None"
                            ShowStatusBar="True" OnInsertCommand="radGridActivity_InsertCommand" OnUpdateCommand="radGridActivity_UpdateCommand"
                            AutoGenerateColumns="False" OnItemCreated="radGridActivity_ItemCreated" OnItemDataBound="radGridActivity_ItemDataBound"
                            Width="1550px" OnDetailTableDataBind="radGridActivity_DetailTableDataBind">
                            <MasterTableView DataKeyNames="autoId" CommandItemDisplay="None" EditMode="EditForms"
                                Name="ContractActivity" NoMasterRecordsText="Select Contract To View And Add Activity">
                                <DetailTables>
                                    <telerik:GridTableView DataKeyNames="autoId_Items" Name="ContractActivityItems">
                                        <Columns>
                                            <telerik:GridBoundColumn DataField="cavtActivity" HeaderText="cavtActivity" UniqueName="cavtActivity">
                                                <HeaderStyle HorizontalAlign="Center" Width="150px" />
                                                <ItemStyle HorizontalAlign="Left" />
                                            </telerik:GridBoundColumn>
                                        </Columns>
                                    </telerik:GridTableView>
                                </DetailTables>
                                <Columns>
                                    <telerik:GridEditCommandColumn ButtonType="ImageButton" HeaderButtonType="None" HeaderText="Edit">
                                        <HeaderStyle HorizontalAlign="Center" Width="35px" />
                                        <ItemStyle HorizontalAlign="Center" />
                                    </telerik:GridEditCommandColumn>
                                    <telerik:GridButtonColumn ButtonType="ImageButton" CommandName="Delete" ConfirmDialogType="RadWindow"
                                        ConfirmText="Are You Sure To Delete ?" ConfirmTitle="Delete" HeaderButtonType="None"
                                        HeaderText="Delete" Text="Delete" UniqueName="DeleteCommandColumn">
                                        <HeaderStyle HorizontalAlign="Center" Width="50px" />
                                        <ItemStyle HorizontalAlign="Center" />
                                    </telerik:GridButtonColumn>
                                    <telerik:GridDropDownColumn DataField="cavtActivityGroupID" HeaderText="Activity Group"
                                        UniqueName="cavtActivityGroupID" DataSourceID="sqldcActivityGroup" ListTextField="agText"
                                        ListValueField="agValue">
                                        <HeaderStyle HorizontalAlign="Center" Width="150px" />
                                        <ItemStyle HorizontalAlign="Left" />
                                    </telerik:GridDropDownColumn>
                                    <telerik:GridDropDownColumn DataField="cavtScheduleType" HeaderText="Schedule Type"
                                        UniqueName="cavtScheduleType" ListTextField="stText" ListValueField="stValue">
                                        <HeaderStyle HorizontalAlign="Center" Width="100px" />
                                        <ItemStyle HorizontalAlign="Left" />
                                    </telerik:GridDropDownColumn>
                                </Columns>
                            </MasterTableView>
                            <ClientSettings>
                                <Scrolling UseStaticHeaders="True" />
                            </ClientSettings>
                        </telerik:RadGrid>

protected void radGridActivity_ItemDataBound(object sender, GridItemEventArgs e)
   {
       /*Main Grid 1st One - Begin*/
       if ("ContractActivity".Equals(e.Item.OwnerTableView.Name))
       {
           if (e.Item is GridEditableItem && e.Item.IsInEditMode)
           {
               /*Begin Populating Combo In Edit Mode*/
               GridEditableItem edititemForCombo = (GridEditableItem)e.Item;
               GridEditManager editMan = edititemForCombo.EditManager;
               GridDropDownListColumnEditor editor = (GridDropDownListColumnEditor)(editMan.GetColumnEditor("cavtScheduleType"));
               RadComboBox radComboScheduleType = editor.ComboBoxControl;
               radComboScheduleType.DataSource = GetComboDataScheduleType();
               radComboScheduleType.DataTextField = "stText";
               radComboScheduleType.DataValueField = "stValue";
               if (!e.Item.OwnerTableView.IsItemInserted)
               {
                   DataRowView row = (DataRowView)e.Item.DataItem;
                   radComboScheduleType.SelectedValue = row["cavtScheduleType"].ToString();
               }
               radComboScheduleType.DataBind();
               /*End Populating Combo In Edit Mode*/
           }
           if (e.Item is GridDataItem && e.Item.IsDataBound && !(e.Item.IsInEditMode))
           {
               GridDataItem item = (GridDataItem)e.Item;
               DataRowView row = (DataRowView)e.Item.DataItem;
               if (row["cavtScheduleType"].ToString() == String.Empty)
                   item["cavtScheduleType"].Text = "";
               else
                   item["cavtScheduleType"].Text = row["cavtScheduleType"].ToString();
               if (row["cavtActivityGroupID"].ToString() == "0")
                   item["cavtActivityGroupID"].Text = "";
           }
       }
       /*Main Grid 1st One - End*/
   }

Problem is that When i clicked to expand DetailTableView(ContractActivityItem) The Text Displayed under the column name Schedule Type(its a combo in edit mode) became empty (its datasource is dataTable) but the Text under the column Activity Group(its also a combo) display as it is(no problem)(its datasource is sqlDatasource). How can i display the text of combo binded from code behind when in grid inside grid senario
Tsvetina
Telerik team
 answered on 05 Nov 2010
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?