Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
68 views
I'm stuck big time. I have a SharePoint 2007 server with the Rad Editor installed fine. We are trying to get a SharePoint 2010 server up and running with our 2007 content DB. 

We created a new VM Server, installed SP 2010 and configured to a working default state just fine. I think where I may have gone wrong is following my configuration documents (for 2007), which included installing AJAX 2.0 along with deploying the RadEditorMoss.wsp, along with all the requisite web.config entries.

As soon as I completed that configuratoin/installation procedure (which I believe is S.O.P for SP 2007) when I went to browse to the new SP site, I get a 500 "Internal Server Error, There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed". When I remove the RadEditorMoss.wsp package and remove the config entries, the site loads again, but any content that was created with RadEditor does not show up. In my case I have an Article site... Titles, image and such ARE available and can be seen with a CQWP, but the actual content created inside the RadEditor is blank and the article page itself throws an error when you try to view it.

My next thought was to try and install the RadControls for 2010. I downloaded and installed the Telerik.Web.UI_2010_2_929_Dev.msi package, which from what I could tell would add the requisite .dll files to the GAC as well as the <SafeControl> entries into the web.config and all it seemed to do was give me the 'live examples' application. 

Should I remove all the extra Ajax/RadEditor stuff from the server/config file? (which I have tried to no avail). 

All I wish to do is to make the content and RadEditor work again in my 2010 server. I'm stuck and would appreciate any help from the form I can get.

Thanks again. Please let me know what other information would be relevant in troubleshooting.
Stanimir
Telerik team
 answered on 08 Nov 2010
3 answers
104 views
Hello Telerik Team,

I am having on RAD treeview inside inside RadAjaxPanel to handle treeview(on demand loading with webservice) events on server with callbak.Now I want to do some processing on server in "OnContextMenuItemClick" event after which in certain condition I need to call Javascript function where I can take confirmation from user regarding furthure action , if user say "yes" then again I want to go on server and execute on method.
for second server call I am using RadAjaxManagerProxy  as my master page already have RadAjaxManager. my RadAjaxManagerProxy  setting is as follow

 

 

<telerik:RadAjaxManagerProxy ID="RadAjaxManagerProxy" runat="server" > 
                        <AjaxSettings> 
                            <telerik:AjaxSetting AjaxControlID="RadTreeView">  
                                <UpdatedControls> 
                                    <telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="RadTreeView" /> 
                                    <telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="IsShared" /> 
                                </UpdatedControls> 
                            </telerik:AjaxSetting> 
                        </AjaxSettings>      
                    </telerik:RadAjaxManagerProxy> 


I am delegating AJAX request in page load to call my method on server .

 

RadAjaxManager manager = RadAjaxManager.GetCurrent(Page);  
manager.AjaxRequest += new RadAjaxControl.AjaxRequestDelegate(RadAjaxManager_RadAjaxRequest); 


"RadAjaxManager_RadAjaxRequest" method is called and I am doing all my processing inside it. Up till now things are fine but the Issue is I want to update selected treeview node after performing my operation which is somthing not working.

Can you guid me how I can update selected node in treeview after performing my operation from "RadAjaxManager_RadAjaxRequest"?

If possible give me some running example which can give me clear understanding.

Thanks in advance,
Frank

Pavlina
Telerik team
 answered on 08 Nov 2010
2 answers
357 views

Hi

I have problems using the spell checker in RadEditor in Sharepoint.

This is what I get when I try to run the spellchecker :
 

I have versions 2010.2.826.20 and 2010.2.826.35 of Telerik.Web.UI.dll in GAC.

 

I add the languages and the spell checking dropdown box in the tools.xml file as following:

 

<tools name="InsertToolbar" enabled="true" >

<tool name="AjaxSpellCheck"/>

</tools>

 

<languages>

    <language code="de-DE" title="Deutsch" />

    <language code="en-US" title="Englisch" />

    <language code="fr-FR" title="France" />

    <language code="sv-SE" title="Svenska" />

</languages>

 

 

I have the dictionary files in all of the following folders:

  • \Inetpub\Wwwroot\wss\VirtualDirectories\80\App_Data\RadSpell
  • \Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\wpresources\RadEditorSharePoint\5.8.0.0__1f131a624888eeed\Resources\App_Data\RadSpell
  • \Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\wpresources\RadEditorSharePoint\5.8.1.0__1f131a624888eeed\Resources\App_Data\RadSpell

 

This is how my web.config httpHandlers section looks like:

 

    <httpHandlers>

      <remove verb="GET,HEAD,POST" path="*" />

      <add verb="GET,HEAD,POST" path="*" type="Microsoft.SharePoint.ApplicationRuntime.SPHttpHandler, Microsoft.SharePoint, Version=12.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=71e9bce111e9429c" />

      <add verb="OPTIONS,PROPFIND,PUT,LOCK,UNLOCK,MOVE,COPY,GETLIB,PROPPATCH,MKCOL,DELETE,(GETSOURCE),(HEADSOURCE),(POSTSOURCE)" path="*" type="Microsoft.SharePoint.ApplicationRuntime.SPHttpHandler, Microsoft.SharePoint, Version=12.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=71e9bce111e9429c" />

      <add verb="*" path="Reserved.ReportViewerWebControl.axd" type="Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.HttpHandler, Microsoft.ReportViewer.WebForms, Version=8.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a" />

      <add verb="*" path="*.asmx" validate="false" type="System.Web.Script.Services.ScriptHandlerFactory, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35" />

      <add verb="*" path="*_AppService.axd" validate="false" type="System.Web.Script.Services.ScriptHandlerFactory, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35" />

      <add verb="GET,HEAD" path="ScriptResource.axd" type="System.Web.Handlers.ScriptResourceHandler, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35" validate="false" />

      <add path="Telerik.Web.UI.DialogHandler.aspx" type="Telerik.Web.UI.DialogHandler" verb="*" validate="false" />

      <add path="Telerik.Web.UI.SpellCheckHandler.axd" type="Telerik.Web.UI.SpellCheckHandler, Telerik.Web.UI" verb="*" validate="false" />

    </httpHandlers>

 

And finally, in the onload method of the user control I tried any combination of the following lines of code, as well as any possible option for the SpellCheckProvider enumeration.

            editor.SpellCheckSettings.AllowAddCustom = true;

            editor.SpellCheckSettings.SpellCheckProvider = SpellCheckProvider.MicrosoftWordProvider;

            editor.SpellCheckSettings.EditDistance = 2;

            editor.SpellCheckSettings.AjaxUrl = "Telerik.Web.UI.SpellCheckHandler.axd";

 

FYI I am using the rad editor inside a roddock which is in a web user control. The web user control in turn is loaded into a sharepoint webpart.
I appreciate your help.
Ali

Ali
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 08 Nov 2010
1 answer
46 views
Hello,

For Example, I have this VB code:

    Protected Sub RadComboBox1_SelectedIndexChanged(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As Telerik.Web.UI.RadComboBoxSelectedIndexChangedEventArgs) Handles RadComboBox1.SelectedIndexChanged
        // [prodedure code
       //(...)
    End Sub

But it never react when the RadComboBox1 selection is changed. Therefore I have to add a basic button next to the ComboBox to validate ...

I'm rather new to ASP and VB events. So am I missing something ?

On the computer on which I work are install bot Telerik 2010 Q1 and Telerik 2010 Q2 ajax plug-ins. Both are evaluation version and I've noticed all Q2 plug-ins have disappaered from toolbox and references. The problem could be related to that ? (multiple version ? evaluation?)


Thank you for help.
Yana
Telerik team
 answered on 08 Nov 2010
2 answers
76 views
Hi Guys,

Please can any one advise if there is a way to handle the Handling "DefaultViewChanged" event of the RadDateTimePicker's Calendar in the code behind?

I have tried using...
AddHandler fdCourseStartDateDateTimePicker.Calendar.DefaultViewChanged, AddressOf fdCourseStartDateDateTimePicker_Calendar_DefaultViewChanged
...to hook up to...
Protected Sub fdCourseStartDateDateTimePicker_Calendar_DefaultViewChanged(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As Telerik.Web.UI.Calendar.DefaultViewChangedEventArgs) 
        System.Diagnostics.Debug.WriteLine("")
    End Sub

...but this does not seems to work. Putting a break point in the handler method shows it is never reached.

Any help appreciated.

Best regards,
Duane.

(Edited to remove Typo!)
Duane
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 08 Nov 2010
1 answer
89 views
Hi,

I have a problem with a standalone menu on my Silverlight dashboard.

I have four silverlight controls loading at a time, so attaching the MainMenu to a single one would be counter-productive.

I've been attempting to create a main-menu at the top of my html page.

Problem 1:
When I use "windowless=true" and "PluginBackground=Transparent" to display the Silverlight Menu over my HTML Code, I cannot seem to click through to the background data. I've searched for solutions to this, and have come up with nothing.
From what I understand, basic Silverlight doesn't not provide any form of "Click Through Transparent" options.

Do you possibly have a solution for this?

Problem 2:
Barring the fact that Click Through doesn't work and never will, I would like to attempt to "Dynamically Resize Silverlight Control to fit the contents".
Unfortunately I've come up with nothing that would allow me to return the actual scrolling height of an open menu to the Javascript and resize the Silverlight Control Object.

Does anyone have any solution to this?
Jaco
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 08 Nov 2010
1 answer
159 views

Hello,

I am using the following code to generate a grid for displaying and editing some data.
Unfortunately I am not able to get the value of the raddatepicker & the checkbox control in code behind to update the associated fields in the DB.

My aspx is as follows:
=================

 

<telerik:RadGrid ID="grdSites" runat="server" AllowAutomaticDeletes="false" 
AutoGenerateColumns="False" <BR>AllowMultiRowSelection="false" 
CssClass="MyRadGrid" AllowAutomaticUpdates="false"> <BR><MasterTableView 
AllowSorting="False" AllowPaging="false" DataKeyNames="BanquetSiteId" 
<BR>TableLayout="Fixed" ClientDataKeyNames="BanquetSiteId" 
EditMode="EditForms"> <BR><NoRecordsTemplate> <BR><asp:Label 
runat="server" CssClass="AlignCenter" ID="lblNoRecords" 
ResourceKey="lblNoRecords" <BR>Width="100%" align="center" /> 
<BR></NoRecordsTemplate> <BR><Columns> 
<BR><telerik:GridBoundColumn DataField="SiteId" HeaderText="SiteId" 
Visible="false"> <BR></telerik:GridBoundColumn> 
<BR><telerik:GridTemplateColumn HeaderText="SiteName" 
HeaderStyle-HorizontalAlign="Left"> <BR><ItemTemplate> 
<BR><asp:HyperLink ID="HyperLink1" runat="server" NavigateUrl='<%# 
getSiteUrl(Eval("SiteAlias"))%>' <BR>Text='<%# Eval("SiteName")%>' 
Target="Blank"></asp:HyperLink> <BR></ItemTemplate> 
<BR></telerik:GridTemplateColumn> <BR><telerik:GridBoundColumn 
DataField="ExpireDate" HeaderText="ExpireDate" 
HeaderStyle-HorizontalAlign="Left"> <BR></telerik:GridBoundColumn> 
<BR><telerik:GridCheckBoxColumn DataField="IsActive" HeaderText="IsActive" 
HeaderStyle-HorizontalAlign="Left"> <BR></telerik:GridCheckBoxColumn> 
<BR><telerik:GridEditCommandColumn ButtonType="LinkButton"> 
<BR></telerik:GridEditCommandColumn> <BR></Columns> 
<BR><EditFormSettings EditFormType="Template"> <BR><FormTemplate> 
<BR><table id="Table2" cellspacing="2" cellpadding="1" width="100%" 
border="0" rules="none" <BR>style="border-collapse: collapse; background: 
white;"> <BR><tr class="EditFormHeader"> <BR><td colspan="2" 
style="font-size: small"> <BR><b>Subscription Details</b> 
<BR></td> <BR></tr> <BR><tr> <BR><td> <BR><asp:Label 
ID="Label2" ResourceKey="litExpireDate" runat="server">Expire 
Date</asp:Label> <BR></td> <BR><td> 
<BR><telerik:RadDatePicker ID="rdpExpireDate" runat="server" 
ValidationGroup="BanquetSite" /> <BR></td> <BR></tr> 
<BR><tr> <BR><td> <BR></td> <BR><td> 
<BR><asp:CheckBox ID="chkIsActive" Text="IsActive" ResourceKey="IsActive" 
Checked='<%# Bind( "IsActive" ) %>' runat="server" /> <BR></td> 
<BR></tr> <BR><tr> <BR><td align="right" colspan="2"> 
<BR><asp:Button ID="btnUpdate" Text="Update" runat="server" 
CommandName="Update"></asp:Button>&nbsp; <BR><asp:Button 
ID="btnCancel" Text="Cancel" runat="server" CausesValidation="False" 
CommandName="Cancel"></asp:Button> <BR></td> <BR></tr> 
<BR></table> <BR></FormTemplate> <BR></EditFormSettings> 
<BR></MasterTableView> <BR><ClientSettings 
EnablePostBackOnRowClick="false"> 
<BR><ClientEvents></ClientEvents> <BR><Selecting 
AllowRowSelect="true" /> <BR><Scrolling AllowScroll="true" 
UseStaticHeaders="True" SaveScrollPosition="True" /> 
<BR></ClientSettings> <BR><PagerStyle Mode="NextPrevAndNumeric" /> 
<BR></telerik:RadGrid>

 

Code behind:
===========

Private Sub grdSites_UpdateCommand(ByVal source As Object, ByVal e As Telerik.Web.UI.GridCommandEventArgs) Handles grdSites.UpdateCommand 
  
Try  
  
Dim banquetSitId As Integer = CType(grdSites.MasterTableView.DataKeyValues(e.Item.ItemIndex).Values(0), Integer) 
'Dim rdp As RadDatePicker  
Dim expireDate As DateTime = Nothing  
Dim isActive As Boolean 
'If e.CommandName = RadGrid.UpdateCommandName Then 
' If TypeOf (e.Item) Is GridEditFormItem Then  
' Dim item As GridEditFormItem = DirectCast(e.Item, GridEditFormItem)  
' If DirectCast(item.FindControl("rdpExpireDate"), Telerik.Web.UI.RadDatePicker).SelectedDate.HasValue Then  
' expireDate = CType(item.FindControl("rdpExpireDate"), Telerik.Web.UI.RadDatePicker).SelectedDate.Value  
' End If  
'End If  
  
If TypeOf e.Item Is GridEditFormItem AndAlso e.Item.IsInEditMode AndAlso Not e.Item.OwnerTableView.IsItemInserted Then  
'Dim editItem As GridEditFormItem = DirectCast(e.Item, GridEditFormItem)  
'Dim item As GridDataItem = DirectCast(editItem.ParentItem, GridDataItem)  
'Dim datepick As RadDatePicker = DirectCast(editItem.FindControl("rdpExpireDate"), RadDatePicker)  
  
Dim editedItem As GridEditableItem = DirectCast(e.Item, GridEditableItem) 
Dim datepick As RadDatePicker = DirectCast(editedItem.FindControl("rdpExpireDate"), RadDatePicker) 
expireDate = datepick.SelectedDate.Value
End If 
  
If Not e.Item.FindControl("rdpExpireDate") Is Nothing Then   
If CType(e.Item.FindControl("rdpExpireDate"), Telerik.Web.UI.RadDatePicker).SelectedDate.HasValue Then 
    expireDate = CType(e.Item.FindControl("rdpExpireDate"), Telerik.Web.UI.RadDatePicker).SelectedDate.Value 
End If   
End If 
  
If Not e.Item.FindControl("chkIsActive") Is Nothing Then 
    isActive = CType(e.Item.FindControl("chkIsActive"), CheckBox).Checked  
End If 
  
BanquetController.UpdateBanquetSite(banquetSitId, expireDate, isActive) 
lblMessage.Text = Localization.GetString(
"SubscribeSuccess.Text", Me.LocalResourceFile) 
grdSites.EditIndexes.Clear()
BindBanquetSites()
Catch ex As Exception   
lblMessage.Text = ex.Message
End Try  
End Sub

In the above code "datepick.SelectedDate.Value" returns null for me.
I have tried out a number of other combinations(currently commented out) as well, all returning null for me, though the control is coming up fine.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks
Tariq

Iana Tsolova
Telerik team
 answered on 08 Nov 2010
3 answers
83 views
Hello,

I have noticed very weird things happening with my RadSheduler control set up in a Sharepoint web part. Please see the attached image.  There are two things going on:
1. The multiday appointments Task 1 and Task 6 are not really shown as spanning.
2. The begin and end times for the multiday appointments are wrong.  Task 1 is supposed to end on October 17, not the 10th, and Task 6 is supposed to end on October 27, and not the 24th.

The Sheduler is programmatically created, so all the settings and databinding occur on the server.  The datasource is xml converted into a Dataset.  I tried attaching to the AppointmentDatabound event, and the e.Appoimntment information is completely correct, so the datasource is interpreted properly.  But when it comes to rendering, the appointment span is cut short for some reason.  This is a pretty critical issue, and I'm about out of ideas of what else to try to figure out what's going on.

Have you ever encountered anything like this? Is there maybe a setting that I need to apply?  Please provide any thoughts or help - they will be greately appreciated.
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 08 Nov 2010
4 answers
193 views
I have SharePoint 2010. I have installed web parts for SharePoint using the Q2 2010 Telerik AJAX Controls for SharePoint 2010 msi install file. However, when I try using the web part to a page, I get the following error: 

Multiple controls with the same ID 'hlSPUserControl' were found. FindControl requires that controls have unique IDs.

Using the browser, I can add and configure the web part, but if I try to use it (for ex. sort a column) or edit the web part again, I invariably get the error. Also, if I try adding the web part in SharePoint Designer, I get an "Error Rendering Control" error (not sure if this is normal or not).

I tried reparing the install - same result.

What could be going on? Is there a way I can set the control ID so I can avoid the error?
Tsvetoslav
Telerik team
 answered on 08 Nov 2010
1 answer
72 views
A few hours ago, we started receiving a full-screen red error when browsing our website:

This website has been reported as unsafe


  • Malicious software threat: This site contains links to viruses or other software programs that can reveal personal information stored or typed on your computer to malicious persons.
  • In assessing the damage, I went through and made a list of all pages that got the error.  The only pages that get the error on our website are ones that contain a Telerik ComboBox control.  We have pages containing other Telerik controls that do not get this error.  Has anyone else seen this problem?  This just started today and our customers are freaking out.

    We are using version 2010.2.713.35.

    Yana
    Telerik team
     answered on 08 Nov 2010
    Narrow your results
    Selected tags
    Tags
    +? more
    Top users last month
    Jake
    Top achievements
    Rank 1
    RBarnes
    Top achievements
    Rank 1
    Iron
    Iron
    Rami
    Top achievements
    Rank 1
    Iron
    Veteran
    Nathan
    Top achievements
    Rank 1
    Kumeri
    Top achievements
    Rank 1
    Iron
    Veteran
    Iron
    Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
    Top users last month
    Jake
    Top achievements
    Rank 1
    RBarnes
    Top achievements
    Rank 1
    Iron
    Iron
    Rami
    Top achievements
    Rank 1
    Iron
    Veteran
    Nathan
    Top achievements
    Rank 1
    Kumeri
    Top achievements
    Rank 1
    Iron
    Veteran
    Iron
    Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
    Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?