Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
2 answers
183 views
I've got the grid edit hyperlink working but I would rather use the default edit icon. Any ideas how to do this? Here is my code:

                <telerik:GridTemplateColumn UniqueName="TemplateEditColumn">
                    <FilterTemplate> 
                    </FilterTemplate>
                    <ItemTemplate>
                        <asp:HyperLink ID="EditLink" runat="server" Text="Edit"></asp:HyperLink>
                    </ItemTemplate>
                </telerik:GridTemplateColumn>

protected void RadGrid1_ItemCreated(object sender, GridItemEventArgs e)
{
    if (e.Item is GridDataItem)
    {
        GridDataItem item = (GridDataItem)e.Item;
        HyperLink editLink = (HyperLink)e.Item.FindControl("EditLink");
        editLink.Attributes["href"] = "#";
        editLink.Attributes["onclick"] = String.Format("return ShowEditForm('{0}','{1}');", item.GetDataKeyValue("CatalogueItemId"), item.ItemIndex);
    }
}

The above works perfectly but I would really like to use the default edit icon instead of a hyperlink. Please help. Thanks

Troy
troyboy
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 11 Nov 2010
3 answers
86 views
Hi Guys,

simple question i though but google did not give me the answer :)

Is it possible to use the Telerik RadControls with connected webparts?
If it is possible it would be nice to show me some sample code.

best regards

Jan
Tsvetoslav
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Nov 2010
1 answer
145 views
Hi,

I have a project that was originally created in VS 2003 and I've migrated it to VS 2008.

When I migrated the application, it created an entry in my Web.config file =  xhtmlConformance mode="Legacy"

I got to a point where I wasn't able to get an Update Progress control to display until I changed this to mode="Transitional".

However, once I did that I started having trouble with a page that has a RadTabStrip. When a tab is clicked, the page navigates properly but the tabstrip itself disappears. If I change the mode back to Legacy, the tab strip behaves properly but I'm unable to make the Update Progress control to work.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.
Dimo
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Nov 2010
1 answer
78 views
LINK

OnMouseDown on the button the width jumps in by 2-4 pixels

(Is there no depressed state on the buttons in that demo?)
Bozhidar
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Nov 2010
1 answer
306 views
I would like to use one ToolTip for multiple buttons.  The ToolTip has custom content which includes text, buttons, checkboxes.  My plan is to create a Javascript function to bring up the ToolTip when the button is clicked on. 

First, I would add the Javascript function to the client click event of my buttons:
Button1.Attributes.Add("OnClick","myFunction()");
Button2.Attributes.Add("OnClick","myFunction()");

Then I need to create a Javascript function (called myFunction) to bring up the tooltip:
function myFunction()
{
     // code goes here
}

How do I attach and bring up a ToolTip in Javascript?
Svetlina Anati
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Nov 2010
4 answers
236 views
This is the first time I see such issue. There must be something wrong I couldn't figure out.

I am sorting on a column of type Decimal. But it doesn't sort values properly. Please see attached. Below is my code!

<telerik:RadGrid ID="grdMain" runat="server" GridLines="None" Width="100%" AllowSorting="true">
                                        <ExportSettings>
                                            <Pdf PageWidth="8.5in" PageHeight="11in" PageTopMargin="" PageBottomMargin="" PageLeftMargin=""
                                                PageRightMargin="" PageHeaderMargin="" PageFooterMargin=""></Pdf>
                                        </ExportSettings>
                                        <MasterTableView AutoGenerateColumns="False" HierarchyDefaultExpanded="true" ExpandCollapseColumn-CollapseImageUrl="~/images/trans.gif">
                                            <RowIndicatorColumn Visible="False">
                                                <HeaderStyle Width="20px"></HeaderStyle>
                                            </RowIndicatorColumn>
                                            <ExpandCollapseColumn Visible="False" Resizable="False">
                                                <HeaderStyle Width="20px"></HeaderStyle>
                                            </ExpandCollapseColumn>
                                            <SortExpressions>
                                                <telerik:GridSortExpression FieldName="Rate" />
                                            </SortExpressions>
                                            <Columns>
                                                <telerik:GridTemplateColumn HeaderText="Carrier" SortExpression="Carrier">
                                                    <ItemTemplate>
                                                        <asp:Label ID="lblCarrier" runat="Server" Text='<%#Eval("Carrier")%>'></asp:Label>
                                                    </ItemTemplate>
                                                </telerik:GridTemplateColumn>
                                                <telerik:GridTemplateColumn HeaderText="APICode" Visible="false">
                                                    <ItemTemplate>
                                                        <asp:Label ID="lblAPICode" runat="Server" Text='<%#Eval("MailServiceCode")%>'></asp:Label>
                                                    </ItemTemplate>
                                                </telerik:GridTemplateColumn>
                                                <telerik:GridTemplateColumn HeaderText="Code" Visible="false">
                                                    <ItemTemplate>
                                                        <asp:Label ID="lblCode" runat="server" Text='<%#Eval("LocalShipServiceCode")%>'></asp:Label>
                                                    </ItemTemplate>
                                                </telerik:GridTemplateColumn>
                                                <telerik:GridTemplateColumn HeaderText="Name" SortExpression="MailService">
                                                    <ItemTemplate>
                                                        <%#Eval("MailService")%>
                                                    </ItemTemplate>
                                                </telerik:GridTemplateColumn>
                                                <telerik:GridTemplateColumn HeaderText="Rate" SortExpression="Rate">
                                                    <ItemTemplate>
                                                        <asp:Label ID="lblRate" runat="server" Text='<%#FormatCurrency(Eval("Rate"), 2)%>'></asp:Label>                                                        
                                                    </ItemTemplate>
                                                </telerik:GridTemplateColumn>
                                                <telerik:GridTemplateColumn HeaderText="">
                                                    <ItemTemplate>
                                                        <asp:LinkButton ID="btnSelect" runat="server" Text="Select" CommandName="Select"
                                                            CommandArgument='<%# eval("LocalShipServiceCode") & "," & eval("Rate") & "," & eval("Carrier") %>'></asp:LinkButton>
                                                    </ItemTemplate>
                                                </telerik:GridTemplateColumn>
                                            </Columns>
                                        </MasterTableView>
                                    </telerik:RadGrid>

The sort thing was just a piece of cake in RadGrid, but for some reason, it is a mess. I am binding the grid in NeedDataSource event as

Me

 

.grdMain.DataSource = CType(Session("rates"), Generic.List(Of Core.Shipping.RateEstimate.ShippingEstimate))

 


Where ShippingEstimate is a class with some properties (as bound to grid).
Any Idea why it is not sorting properly?

thanks,
Sameers
Vasil
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Nov 2010
1 answer
75 views
Hi,

I am installed Trial version of Rad Controls for ASP.Net Ajax in 2 systems.one is Windows XP OS & another one is Windows Vista OS.I have few problems...

1)I am getting all the controls in Tool Box in Windows Vista System,but in Windows XP Controls are not added in Tool Box.What is the reason.

2)In Windows XP System i didn't find some controls like Button Types(Button,CheckBox,RadioButton,Link button,Image button,Toggle button),what is the reason?

3)Is Label control exist in Rad Controls for ASP.Net Ajax?

4)If i purchased developer version of Rad Controls for ASP.Net Ajax($799) kit all the above problems exist?

5)I read some articles in this site,what i observed is Rad Controls for ASP.Net Ajax is Browser Independent.But after execution of my application in Mozilla,Google Chrome & IE7,it's working fine in IE but Rad Menu not working properly(scrolling takes effect in IE only).

6)In my application huge amount of data exist,so if i move to last page from first page in Rad Grid it takes lots of time.How to over come this problem.


Please suggest me solutions for all these above problems...

Thanks in advance...

Vasil
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Nov 2010
3 answers
162 views
could u anyone help to fix the issue,
 when i am trying to set mask for radmaskedtextbox on client side and trying to set value in client side after setting mask it will not show the value in maskedtextbox. only empty textbox is displayed.
Tsvetina
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Nov 2010
1 answer
107 views
I want to use the ToolTipManager for 4 different links.  But I want to use the same content for each ToolTip.  How would I use a table, which includes several controls, for each ToolTip?  How do you add decide the content to display in a ToolTipManager?  In a RadToolTip, it is easy.  I just place my content between the <telerik:RadToolTip></telerik:RadToolTip> tags.  But you cannot do that in a ToolTipManager.
Svetlina Anati
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Nov 2010
2 answers
139 views
I have a ticket on this, but I was wondering if anyone ever had this?  I have one page that is throwing a bunch of render errors (asp.net dotnet 2.0)

"there was an error rendering the control.  Check to make sure all properties are valid.  Exception was: system.web.httpexception(0x80004005)  Multiple controls with the same ID 'xchkDesignRental' were found.  Findcontrol requires that the controls have unique ID's."

This is making me crazy.  The controls are uniquely named, here and in the designer.vb.  note I changed the name, and the pickers just show some other control name as the problem.  If I remove the shared element, they work in design mode.  They run properly even when they don’t render right.  below is a screenshot, followed by the definition.  I have tried replacing them to no avail.  My next step is to delete every control one after another to see if that helps.

http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/4802/raderror.jpg

<telerik:RadDatePicker ID="rdpSetupDate" runat="server" Skin="WebBlue" Width="100px"
SharedCalendarID="calShared" Height="16px" DateInput-CssClass="textbox">
                               </telerik:RadDatePicker>

    <div style="display: none">
        <telerik:RadCalendar ID="calShared" runat="server">
        </telerik:RadCalendar>
    </div>
David Avery
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 11 Nov 2010
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?