Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
3 answers
233 views
I've seen many posts on this subject.  I was getting the tooltipmanager error on my local PC and on my DEV server.  I resolved that by changing the ajaxloadingpanel to an asp panel and by changing the DOCTYPE to <!DOCTYPE html >.  Well, the problem went away on the PC and on the DEV server.  BUT now I've moved to QA the problem is showing there. 
There are 4 similar grids on the web page. There are 2 tooltips on each RadGrid.  One on the first column that shows a formview and one on another column that shows a few lines of text and an asp table built dynamically.  I originally used a RadGrid for the table but found it gave me the error shown below.  When I changed the radgrid to visible=false the error went away and that's why I changed to an asp table.  The first tooltip works on QA and the second produces the error every time.

Partial page code:
<!DOCTYPE html >
 
    <telerik:RadAjaxManager ID="RadAjaxManager1" runat="server">
        <ClientEvents OnRequestStart="onRequestStart" />
        <AjaxSettings>
            <telerik:AjaxSetting AjaxControlID="Grid30">
                <UpdatedControls>
                    <telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="Grid30_60" LoadingPanelID="LoadingPanelGrid30" />
                </UpdatedControls>
            </telerik:AjaxSetting>
            <telerik:AjaxSetting AjaxControlID="Grid60">
                <UpdatedControls>
                    <telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="Grid60_90" LoadingPanelID="LoadingPanelGrid60" />
                </UpdatedControls>
            </telerik:AjaxSetting>
            <telerik:AjaxSetting AjaxControlID="Grid90">
                <UpdatedControls>
                    <telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="Grid90Plus" LoadingPanelID="LoadingPanelGrid90" />
                </UpdatedControls>
            </telerik:AjaxSetting>
            <telerik:AjaxSetting AjaxControlID="GridNeg">
                <UpdatedControls>
                    <telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="GridNegative" LoadingPanelID="LoadingPanelGridNegative" />
                </UpdatedControls>
            </telerik:AjaxSetting>
        </AjaxSettings>
    </telerik:RadAjaxManager>
 
<asp:Panel runat="server" ID="LoadingPanelGridNegative">
                                        <telerik:RadToolTipManager ID="RadToolTipManagerNegativeClientName" OffsetY="-1"
                                            HideEvent="LeaveToolTip" Width="350" Height="100" runat="server" OnAjaxUpdate="OnAjaxUpdateClientName"
                                            RelativeTo="Element" Position="MiddleRight">
                                        </telerik:RadToolTipManager>
                                        <telerik:RadToolTipManager ID="RadToolTipManagerNegativeInvoice" OffsetY="-1" HideEvent="LeaveToolTip"
                                            Width="400" Height="100" runat="server" OnAjaxUpdate="OnAjaxUpdateInvoice" RelativeTo="Element"
                                            Position="MiddleLeft">
                                        </telerik:RadToolTipManager>
                                        <telerik:RadGrid runat="server" ID="GridNegative" Visible="True" AllowPaging="False"
                                            AllowSorting="true" AutoGenerateColumns="False" Skin="WebBlue" CellPadding="2"
                                            GridLines="None" ShowFooter="False" Height="250px" Width="750px">
                                            <ExportSettings ExportOnlyData="True" FileName="DebtorsCredits" IgnorePaging="True"
                                                OpenInNewWindow="True">
                                                <Excel Format="ExcelML" FileExtension="xls" />
                                            </ExportSettings>
                                            <ClientSettings EnableRowHoverStyle="True">
                                                <Resizing AllowColumnResize="true" AllowResizeToFit="True" ClipCellContentOnResize="False"
                                                    ResizeGridOnColumnResize="false" />
                                                <Scrolling AllowScroll="True" UseStaticHeaders="True" />
                                                <Selecting AllowRowSelect="true" />
                                                <ClientEvents OnRowCreated="GridCreated" />
                                            </ClientSettings>
                                            <MasterTableView AllowPaging="false" AllowSorting="true" DataKeyNames="client_company_id, base_invoice, billing_line_item_id"
                                                HierarchyLoadMode="Client" Width="100%" AllowAutomaticDeletes="False" AllowAutomaticInserts="False"
                                                AllowAutomaticUpdates="False" CommandItemDisplay="Top" UseAllDataFields="true"
                                                EnableHeaderContextMenu="True">
                                                <CommandItemSettings ShowExportToExcelButton="True" ShowExportToPdfButton="False"
                                                    ShowExportToWordButton="False" ShowExportToCsvButton="False" ShowAddNewRecordButton="False"
                                                    ShowRefreshButton="False" />
                                                <Columns>
                                                    <telerik:GridBoundColumn HeaderText="Client Name" DataField="ClientName" UniqueName="ClientName"
                                                        ItemStyle-Wrap="false">
                                                    </telerik:GridBoundColumn>
                                                    <telerik:GridDateTimeColumn HeaderText="Invoice Date" SortExpression="due_date" ItemStyle-Wrap="false"
                                                        DataField="due_date" DataFormatString="{0:dd MMM yyyy}">
                                                    </telerik:GridDateTimeColumn>
                                                    <telerik:GridBoundColumn HeaderText="Job<br />Number" DataField="order_code_epro"
                                                        UniqueName="order_code_epro" ItemStyle-Width="80" HeaderStyle-Width="80">
                                                    </telerik:GridBoundColumn>
                                                    <telerik:GridBoundColumn HeaderText="Candidate" DataField="candidatename" UniqueName="candidatename"
                                                        ItemStyle-Wrap="false">
                                                    </telerik:GridBoundColumn>
                                                    <telerik:GridBoundColumn HeaderText="Invoice<br />Number" DataField="base_invoice"
                                                        UniqueName="base_invoice" HeaderTooltip="** indicates adjusted or part paid"
                                                        ItemStyle-Width="90" HeaderStyle-Width="90">
                                                    </telerik:GridBoundColumn>
                                                    <telerik:GridNumericColumn DataField="consultant_unpaid" DataFormatString="{0:n}"
                                                        HeaderText="Outstanding Revenue (Ex GST)" HeaderStyle-HorizontalAlign="Right"
                                                        ItemStyle-HorizontalAlign="Right" UniqueName="consultant_unpaid" ItemStyle-Width="100"
                                                        HeaderStyle-Width="100" ItemStyle-Wrap="false" ItemStyle-ForeColor="Red">
                                                    </telerik:GridNumericColumn>
                                                    <telerik:GridNumericColumn DataField="unpaid" DataFormatString="{0:n}" HeaderText="Invoice Balance (Inc GST)"
                                                        HeaderStyle-HorizontalAlign="Right" ItemStyle-HorizontalAlign="Right" UniqueName="unpaid"
                                                        ItemStyle-Width="100" HeaderStyle-Width="100" ItemStyle-Wrap="false" ItemStyle-ForeColor="Red">
                                                    </telerik:GridNumericColumn>
                                                    <telerik:GridBoundColumn HeaderText="Credit Officer" DataField="collectorname" UniqueName="collectorname"
                                                        ItemStyle-Wrap="false" HeaderStyle-Wrap="false">
                                                    </telerik:GridBoundColumn>
                                                </Columns>
                                            </MasterTableView>
                                        </telerik:RadGrid>
                                    </asp:Panel>

This tooltip works and is attached to the clientname column
<%@ Control Language="vb" AutoEventWireup="false" CodeBehind="CompanyTooltip.ascx.vb"
    Inherits="ConsultantDebtors.CompanyTooltip" %>
<table>
    <tr>
        <td>
            <b>Latest Collection Note for
                <asp:Label runat="server" ID="clientcompanyid"></asp:Label>
                : </b>
            <br />
            <asp:FormView runat="server" ID="CompanyNoteFormView" DataKeyNames="client_company_id"
                EmptyDataText="No collection notes found for this client.">
                <ItemTemplate>
                    <b>Date: </b>
                    <asp:Label runat="server" ID="CompanyNoteDate"><%# IIf(Eval("timestamp").Equals(DateTime.MinValue), "", Eval("timestamp", "{0:dd MMM yyyy}"))%></asp:Label>
                    <br />
                    <b>Credit Officer: </b>
                    <asp:Label runat="server" ID="CompanyCollectorNameLabel"><%# Eval("collector_name")%></asp:Label>
                    <br />
                    <b>Contact: </b>
                    <asp:Label runat="server" ID="CompanyContactNameLabel"><%# Eval("contact_name")%></asp:Label>
                    <br />
                    <asp:Label runat="server" ID="CompanyNoteComment"><%# Eval("Comment")%></asp:Label>
                </ItemTemplate>
            </asp:FormView>
        </td>
    </tr>
</table>

This one fails and is attached to the invoice column
<%@ Control Language="vb" AutoEventWireup="false" CodeBehind="InvoiceToolTip.ascx.vb"
    Inherits="ConsultantDebtors.InvoiceToolTip" %>
 
<table>
    <tr>
        <td>
            <b>Latest Note for Invoice
                <asp:Label runat="server" ID="InvoiceNumberLabel"></asp:Label>
            </b>
            <br />
            <b>Date: </b>
            <asp:Label runat="server" ID="InvoiceNoteDate"></asp:Label>
            <br />
            <b>Credit Officer: </b>
            <asp:Label runat="server" ID="InvoiceCollectorName"></asp:Label>
            <br />
            <b>Category: </b>
            <asp:Label runat="server" ID="InvoiceCategory"></asp:Label>
            <br />
            <b>Description: </b>
            <asp:Label runat="server" ID="InvoiceDescription"></asp:Label>
            <br />
            <asp:Label runat="server" ID="InvoiceNoteComment"></asp:Label>
            <br />
            <b>Invoice Total: </b>
            <asp:Label runat="server" ID="totalinvoice"></asp:Label>
            <b>Outstanding: </b>
            <asp:Label runat="server" ID="totaloutstanding"></asp:Label>
            <br />
            <b>Invoice History</b>
            <div class="RadGrid RadGrid_WebBlue">
                <asp:Table runat="server" ID="InvoiceTable" CssClass="rgMasterTable rgClipCells" CellPadding="0">
                </asp:Table>
            </div>
        </td>
    </tr>
</table>

The targetcontrols are loaded in the prerender event of the grid and are on the CELL of the grid.  The same event code is used for all 4 grids.  I found that when the targetcontrols were loaded in the itemdatabound event that the array was in the original order and not the sorted order with rather confusing results.


RadToolTipManager response error:
 Exception=Sys.WebForms.PageRequestManagerParserErrorException: The message received from the server could not be parsed. Common causes for this error are when the response is modified by calls to Response.Write(), response filters, HttpModules, or server trace is enabled.
Details: Error parsing near '
<!DOCTYPE html P'.

Given that the page does not contain the text shown in the message, I must presume that somehow the QA server is rendering it thus.
Is it at all possible to view the source in the tooltip pop-up?  I'd like to know if the DOCTYPE contains the word PUBLIC or not and of course why it fails to load.

Joan.


Joan
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 20 Mar 2012
0 answers
161 views
I am loading documents from an FTP Server to a RadFileExplorer, programmatically with C# ;

The name and date ordering of the files on the FTP Server is arranged according to file Date modified, and corresponds to the files being in order - based on name and date of file;

However, when the files are loaded to the RadFileExplorer - the ordering of the files is incorrect, based on name and date of files;

Is it possible to configure the RadFileExplorer to exactly mimic the correct ordering of files coming from the FTP Server?

Example of file order on FTP Server :
CD 3-14-12.pdf
CD 3-14-12.xls
CD 3-15-12.pdf
CD 3-15-12.xls
CD 3-16-12.pdf
CD 3-16-12.xls

Example of file order after load to RadFileExplorer :
CD 3-16-12.pdf
CD 3-16-12.xls
CD 3-2-12.pdf
CD 3-2.12.xls
CD 3-5-12.pdf
CD 3-5-12.xls




Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 20 Mar 2012
1 answer
114 views
For my RadGrid, I have an edit FormTemplate that contains a RadComboBox that needs to change the options available based on one of the columns of the Row being edited. I've got an ObjectDataSource hooked up to the RadComboBox but I'm not sure how I can change the parameter of the ObjectDataSource so it shows the proper list of options.

Any suggestions or code samples for this?
Casey
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 20 Mar 2012
0 answers
123 views
We're developing a user control in which a rad treeview is placed inside a radcombo box.That user control is inside repeater control in  which we add that user control dynamically with add/remove functionality. But it complains when we add usercontrol second time about "Component with same id" and that points to treeview id.

I mean Every treeview behaves as if it had the same id, so if I click on one node to collapse/expand it, the result is that only the treeview's node in the first repeater item collapses or expands.
Is there a way to work out this problem?


Regards,
Amita
Amita
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 20 Mar 2012
4 answers
217 views
Good day.. busy day on the forums for me. sadly.
Mastertable view has two DetailTables within it. They are nested as :
<MasterTableView>
    <DetailTable>
    </DetailTable>
    <DetailTable>
    </DetailTable>
</MasterTableView>

I need to evaluate whether or not there are records within the detailtable and if the detailtable is emplty, then hide the header. Problem is that I can't see where or how to count the records when the mastertable is expanded. I have tried to run RemoveHeaders()  within the radgrid pre_render, DetailTableDataBound, ItemDatabound and ItemDataBinding.. but none are working as expected. thank you for any assistance you can provide.
mac
code is as follows
Protected Sub RadGrid1_DetailTableDataBind(ByVal source As Object, ByVal e As Telerik.Web.UI.GridDetailTableDataBindEventArgs) Handles RadGrid1.DetailTableDataBind  
        removeheaders()  
    End Sub  
 
Sub removeheaders()  
 
        ' RadGrid1.Controls.Add(New LiteralControl(RadGrid1.MasterTableView.DetailTables.Count)) //This should return mastertable recordcount  
        ' RadGrid1.Controls.Add(New LiteralControl(RadGrid1.MasterTableView.DetailTables(0).Items.Count))//This should return Detail 1 recordcount  
        ' RadGrid1.Controls.Add(New LiteralControl(RadGrid1.MasterTableView.DetailTables(1).Items.Count))//This should return Detail 2 recordcount  
 
        For i As Integer = 0 To RadGrid1.MasterTableView.DetailTables.Count - 1 ' Count the Detail table within MasterTable  
            If RadGrid1.MasterTableView.DetailTables(i).Items.Count <= 0 Then  
                RadGrid1.MasterTableView.DetailTables(i).ShowHeader = False 
            Else  
                RadGrid1.MasterTableView.DetailTables(i).ShowHeader = True 
            End If  
 
        Next  
End Sub
 


Dan
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 20 Mar 2012
0 answers
94 views
Hey,

When I create a node (via context menu) and I press Enter to save the default value : call to server don't work.
But when I create a node I modify the value before to press Enter : RadTreeView1_NodeEdit is properly called.

I hope you understand me and you can help me

Thanks

      Michel
Michel
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 20 Mar 2012
4 answers
171 views
Hi
I have an ASP.NET website which works fine.
One one page I use the radchart and it's all working fine.
at the top of that working page I have ...

<%

@ Register Assembly="RadGrid.Net2" Namespace="Telerik.WebControls" TagPrefix="radG" %>

Now I create a new page and I want a radchart on it

I do this ...

 

<%

@ Register Assembly="RadChart.Net2" Namespace="Telerik.WebControls" TagPrefix="radC" %>

and i put in this code ....

 

<

 

radC:RadChart ID="RadChart1" runat="server" Width="480px" Height="290px">

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

</radC:RadChart>

and it says "Chart has no or empty series?"

but if I put in this code ....

 

<

 

radC:RadChart ID="RadChart1" runat="server" Width="480px" Height="290px">

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

<Series>

 

 

 

 

 

<radC:ChartSeries Name="1">

 

 

 

 

 

<Items>

 

 

 

 

 

<radC:ChartSeriesItem YValue="1" Name="1"></radC:ChartSeriesItem>

 

 

 

 

 

<radC:ChartSeriesItem YValue="2" Name="2"></radC:ChartSeriesItem>

 

 

 

 

 

<radC:ChartSeriesItem YValue="3" Name="3"></radC:ChartSeriesItem>

 

 

 

 

 

<radC:ChartSeriesItem YValue="4" Name="4"></radC:ChartSeriesItem>

 

 

 

 

 

<radC:ChartSeriesItem YValue="5" Name="5"></radC:ChartSeriesItem>

 

 

 

 

 

</Items>

 

 

 

 

 

</radC:ChartSeries>

 

 

 

 

 

<radC:ChartSeries Name="2" YAxisType=Secondary>

 

 

 

 

 

<Items>

 

 

 

 

 

<radC:ChartSeriesItem YValue="10" Name="1"></radC:ChartSeriesItem>

 

 

 

 

 

<radC:ChartSeriesItem YValue="20" Name="2"></radC:ChartSeriesItem>

 

 

 

 

 

<radC:ChartSeriesItem YValue="30" Name="3"></radC:ChartSeriesItem>

 

 

 

 

 

<radC:ChartSeriesItem YValue="40" Name="4"></radC:ChartSeriesItem>

 

 

 

 

 

<radC:ChartSeriesItem YValue="50" Name="5"></radC:ChartSeriesItem>

 

 

 

 

 

</Items>

 

 

 

 

 

</radC:ChartSeries>

 

 

</Series>

 

 

 

</radC:RadChart>

It says 
Error 1 Unknown server tag 'radC:ChartSeries'. 

thanks
p

 

Giuseppe
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Mar 2012
6 answers
227 views
Hello,

Is it possible programmatically shows the Fileexplorer sorted by filename?

Thank you

Dobromir
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Mar 2012
6 answers
179 views
Is there a setting through which the radeditor does not change the content at all??

if my user enter's
<test>
</test>
i want it to remain so and not change to
<test />

This happen's on postback (of the other button's which are there on the page) as well as on save button click. i am new to radeditor, could you please help me out?

Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Mar 2012
2 answers
137 views
Hi,

I have a RadDock that has a user control inside it. The control is embedded in a RadAjaxPanel. The rough structure is something like this

<telerik:RadDock id="xxxxx"..........................>
<ContentTemplate>
     <telerik:RadAjaxPanel id="xxxx"......................>
         <Usercontrol:Mycontrol   Id="xxx" runat="server" onButtonClick="Button_Click"............ />
     </telerik:RadAjaxPanel>
 </contentTemplate>
</telerik:RadDock>


Whenver the Button_Click event is fired, I want the RadDock title to be updated.
Is there a way we could achieve this ?

Phil
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 20 Mar 2012
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?