Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
86 views
i'm trying to add a RadFilter to filter my RadGrid which has several coulmns.it works fine. now i need to add a dropdown only for a one column filter.i have a column named  Revision in my RadGrid.i'm trying the following but it doesn't work

   <telerik:RadFilter runat="server" ID="RadFilter1" 
                FilterContainerID="gridSearchL3" ShowApplyButton="true" Height="100px" >
                <FieldEditors>
                <custom:RadFilterDropDownEditor DataValueField="Revision" DataTextField="Revision" DataType="System.String" FieldName="Revision" />
       
                </FieldEditors>
                </telerik:RadFilter>

i'm getting the error " Object reference not set to an instance of an object"
for creating custom dropdown i've used following class

http://www.telerik.com/help/aspnet-ajax/filter-custom-editors.html  
Tsvetina
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Mar 2012
8 answers
714 views
Hello,
When I export radGrid  to excel file I got a table with different text-align styles in each row. !!!!!
I'm trying set style: 

radGrid1.MasterTableView.Style[

"text-align"] = "left";
but this don't solve my problem. This style for a table and not for a table cells.
how can I set cells styles?

Thanks a lot

 

Laura
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 21 Mar 2012
4 answers
131 views
Hello,

I have a problem adding a TargetControl to my radToolTipManager on the client side. We are currently doing this in the code behind where it works like this.

tooltipManager.TargetControls.Add(ibAddToSelection.ClientID, value, true);

But now id like to do this on the clientside.

PS: This is not the same problem as the pinned "Changing TargetControl on the client". Since i also need to set the value.
Guido S
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 21 Mar 2012
1 answer
448 views
How in the simplest way to resize whole component to make it bigger ?
Princy
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 21 Mar 2012
4 answers
181 views
Hi,

We are using radGrid extensively in our project. We have enabled drag and drop and it also enable the user to add/remove columns. While we remove columns, columns are not alignned and it shows huge space where columns are removed. it got adjusted perfectly if you click " Ungroup " menu. It will be great if it gets adjusted at the moment column is removed. Please see the attached screen shot.

Thanks
Venkat
Princy
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 21 Mar 2012
1 answer
286 views

How can I get value from GridDropDownColumn ? in c# on Code behind

Could you please help ?

<telerik:RadScriptManager ID="RadScriptManager" runat="server"></telerik:RadScriptManager>
        <!-- content start -->
            <telerik:RadAjaxManager ID="RadAjaxManager1" runat="server">
                <AjaxSettings>
                    <telerik:AjaxSetting AjaxControlID="RadGrid1">
                        <UpdatedControls>
                            <telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="RadGrid1" />
                        </UpdatedControls>
                    </telerik:AjaxSetting>
                </AjaxSettings>
            </telerik:RadAjaxManager>
            <telerik:RadGrid ID="RadGrid1" Width="97%"
             AllowPaging="True"
             PageSize="15"
             runat="server"
             AllowSorting="True"
             OnCreateColumnEditor="RadGrid1_CreateColumnEditor"
             OnNeedDataSource="RadGrid1_NeedDataSource"
             OnDeleteCommand="RadGrid1_DeleteCommand"
             OnInsertCommand="RadGrid1_InsertCommand"
             OnItemDataBound="RadGrid1_ItemDataBound"
             AllowAutomaticDeletes="True"
             GridLines="None" Skin="WebBlue"
             AllowAutomaticInserts="True">
              <MasterTableView Width="100%" DataKeyNames="DestinationId" AutoGenerateColumns="False">
               <Columns>
 
                <telerik:GridEditCommandColumn ButtonType="ImageButton" UniqueName="EditCommandColumn">
                    <ItemStyle CssClass="MyImageButton" />
                </telerik:GridEditCommandColumn>
 
                <telerik:GridBoundColumn DataField="DestinationId" HeaderText="DestinationId" SortExpression="DestinationId"
                    UniqueName="DestinationId" ColumnEditorID="GridTextBoxColumnEditor1" ReadOnly="false" Visible="true">
                </telerik:GridBoundColumn>
                 
                <telerik:GridDropDownColumn DataField="OriginCountryCode"
                    HeaderText="Traveling From Country" ListTextField="CountryName" ListValueField="CountryCode"
                    UniqueName="OriginCountryCode" ColumnEditorID="GridDropDownColumnEditor1">
                </telerik:GridDropDownColumn>
 
                <telerik:GridDropDownColumn DataField="DestinationCountryCode"
                    HeaderText="Destination Country" ListTextField="CountryName" ListValueField="CountryCode"
                    UniqueName="DestinationCountryCode" ColumnEditorID="GridDropDownColumnEditor1">
                </telerik:GridDropDownColumn>
 
                <telerik:GridDropDownColumn DataField="PurposeId"
                    HeaderText="Purpose of Trip" ListTextField="Description" ListValueField="PurposeId"
                    UniqueName="PurposeId" ColumnEditorID="GridDropDownColumnEditor1">
                </telerik:GridDropDownColumn>
 
                <telerik:GridDateTimeColumn UniqueName="DateOfArrival" PickerType="DatePicker" HeaderText="Date of Arrival"
                            DataField="DateOfArrival"> 
                            <ItemStyle Width="120px" />
                        </telerik:GridDateTimeColumn>
 
                <telerik:GridDateTimeColumn UniqueName="DateOfDeparture" PickerType="DatePicker" HeaderText="Date of Departure"
                            DataField="DateOfDeparture"> 
                            <ItemStyle Width="120px" />
                        </telerik:GridDateTimeColumn>
 
                <telerik:GridCheckBoxColumn DataField="MultiEntry" HeaderText="Multi Entry Visa ?" SortExpression="MultiEntry"
                    UniqueName="MultiEntry">
                    <ItemStyle Width="120px" />
                </telerik:GridCheckBoxColumn>
 
                <telerik:GridButtonColumn ConfirmText="Delete this product?" ConfirmDialogType="RadWindow"
                    ConfirmTitle="Delete" ButtonType="ImageButton" CommandName="Delete" Text="Delete"
                    UniqueName="DeleteColumn">
                    <ItemStyle HorizontalAlign="Center" CssClass="MyImageButton" />
                </telerik:GridButtonColumn>
                </Columns>
 
<EditFormSettings ColumnNumber="1" CaptionDataField="DestinationId" CaptionFormatString="Destination Info {0}" >
<EditColumn UniqueName="EditCommandColumn1"></EditColumn>
</EditFormSettings>
                </MasterTableView>
            </telerik:RadGrid>
Princy
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 21 Mar 2012
1 answer
154 views
I am unable to locate how to access data from a GridEditMode.PopUp in your object model. In my RadGrid1_ItemCommand I have code to show the popup and this works(see below) but when I click on the insert button at the bottom of the popup the RadGrid1_ItemCommand fires again but I am unable to find the data I just entered into the popup.  I have looked on source, on RadGrid1, on e.item. etc...   Can you tell me where in your object model the popup data is stored?  The only example like this I could find was using AllowAutomaticInserts="True" which is not an option for me.  I need to validate the popup data in the codebehind before loading it into a collection and adding it to the grid.
Protected Sub RadGrid1_ItemCommand(ByVal source As Object, ByVal e As Telerik.Web.UI.GridCommandEventArgs) Handles RadGrid1.ItemCommand
 Select Case e.CommandName
    Case "Add"
  
        ' Add button pressed. Reset any rows in Edit mode
  
        Dim grid As RadGrid = CType(source, RadGrid)
  
        If (grid.EditItems.Count > 0) Then
  
            grid.MasterTableView.ClearEditItems()
  
        End If
  
  
  
        ' Manual "Add" Button pressed, put grid in Insert mode
  
        If e.CommandName = "Add" Then
  
            grid.MasterTableView.EditMode = GridEditMode.PopUp
  
            e.Item.OwnerTableView.IsItemInserted = True
  
            e.Item.OwnerTableView.Rebind()
  
        End If
  
      Case "PerformInsert"
             'here is where I cannot find the popup data.
  
  End Select

Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 21 Mar 2012
2 answers
158 views
Image is not displaying when the file name contains &. How do I handle this in imageUrl?
James Campbell
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 21 Mar 2012
1 answer
173 views
I followed a blog post exactly as explained here.
http://blogs.telerik.com/veselinvasilev/posts/09-04-08/how-to-use-wcf-services-with-asp-net-ajax-databound-controls.aspx

How do I pass additional parameters to the LoadData method? I need to pass customer status as parameter to the LoadData method and retrieve a list of customers that Active/ Inactive/deleted depending on the parameter 'status'.
Thank you!!

Neelima
Jagat
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 20 Mar 2012
0 answers
209 views
The below code snippet is very close to resolving an issue with the sort order of .pdf and .xls documents, contained in a RadFileExplorer;

The following sort order is an example of the issue; 
DD 1-19-12.pdf
DD 1-20-12.pdf
DD 1-3-12.pdf

The last file in the list (DD 1-3-12.pdf) should actually be listed first in this scenario; The date contained in the name of the file is probably causing the sort issue, but modifying the name of the file is not an option;  In the below code snippet, I have replaced Name with Path - but to no avail;

The RadFileExplorer is being loaded in C#, by setting assigning ViewPaths and Upload Paths programmatically;

void RadFileExplorer1_ExplorerPopulated(object sender, RadFileExplorerPopulatedEventArgs e)
       {
           e.List.Sort(delegate(FileBrowserItem fileBrowserItem1, FileBrowserItem fileBrowserItem2)
           {
               return fileBrowserItem1.Name.CompareTo(fileBrowserItem2.Name); 
           });
       }
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 20 Mar 2012
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?