Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
4 answers
435 views
Dear Support,
We are trying telerik RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX,
we have a scenario upon which the rad grid columns are not fixed, i.e. they are loaded at runtime, so we set the following in .aspx page.

 
<telerik:RadGrid  ID="RadGrid1" runat="server" AutoGenerateColumns="False" GridLines="None">
       <MasterTableView Dir="RTL" >
       </MasterTableView>
       <ClientSettings>
       <Scrolling AllowScroll="true" UseStaticHeaders="true" />
       </ClientSettings>
       </telerik:RadGrid>

and in the .net code, we wrote the following in the Page_Load:
If Not Page.IsPostBack Then
            Dim dt As DataTable
            dt = OpenDT("SELECT * FROM my_table ")
 
            Dim column1 As New GridBoundColumn
            Dim j As Integer
            For j = 0 To 10 'dt.Columns.Count - 1
                column1 = New GridBoundColumn
                RadGrid1.MasterTableView.Columns.Add(column1)
                column1.DataField = "DataEntryDate"
                column1.HeaderText = "Column " & j
                column1.ItemStyle.Width = "1000"
            Next j
 
            RadGrid1.DataSource = dt
            RadGrid1.DataBind()
End If

the problem is that the columns' width is not applied, cell wrapping is occurring (as in the attached file). However, if we add only 5 columns to the grid the columns' width is correct as in attached screen shot 2.
Any suggestions are appreciated.

thank you.
Baji
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 21 Mar 2012
1 answer
228 views
I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong and even though it's rather small issue, it's an annoying one. I'm sure it's an easy fix, but I can't figure it out.

Basically, on my RadChart I'm using scale breaks and where the break actually occurs the numbers on the y-axis get jumbled up/overlap each other, making it difficult to read.

Here's the code on the aspx page:
<telerik:RadChart ID="rcTotalCaseTypes" AutoLayout="true" runat="Server" Width="900px"
           Skin="Telerik" Style="margin: 0px auto;" IntelligentLabelsEnabled="True">
           <Legend Visible="true">
               <Appearance GroupNameFormat="#VALUE">
               </Appearance>
           </Legend>
           <ChartTitle TextBlock-Text="Total Cases by Category">
               <TextBlock>
                   <Appearance TextProperties-Font="Verdana, 20px, style=Bold" TextProperties-Color="#00529B">
                   </Appearance>
               </TextBlock>
           </ChartTitle>
           <PlotArea>
               <Appearance Dimensions-Margins="18%, 22%, 12%, 14%">
               </Appearance>
               <XAxis DataLabelsColumn="PrettyMonthYr">
                   <Appearance>
                       <TextAppearance TextProperties-Font="Verdana, 8pt, style=Bold">
                       </TextAppearance>
                   </Appearance>
               </XAxis>
               <YAxis LabelStep="5" ScaleBreaks-Enabled="true" AutoScale="False">
                   <Appearance ValueFormat="None">
                       <TextAppearance TextProperties-Font="Verdana, 8pt, style=Bold">
                       </TextAppearance>
                       <MajorGridLines Width="3" PenStyle="Dash" />
                       <MinorGridLines Visible="false" />
                   </Appearance>
               </YAxis>
           </PlotArea>
       </telerik:RadChart>

On the code behind (this code is executed on Page_Init):
var data = SPs.RptNumberOfCasesByType(locationID).ExecuteTypedList<InvoiceCategoryNumbers>();
ChartMonths = new List<DateTime>();
 
var primaryKnee = new ChartSeries
{
    Name = "PK Cases",
    Type = ChartSeriesType.Bar,
    YAxisType = ChartYAxisType.Primary
};
 
var revisionKnee = new ChartSeries
{
    Name = "RK Cases",
    Type = ChartSeriesType.Bar,
    YAxisType = ChartYAxisType.Primary
};
 
var hipCases = new ChartSeries
{
    Name = "Hip Cases",
    Type = ChartSeriesType.Bar,
    YAxisType = ChartYAxisType.Primary
};
 
var rxCases = new ChartSeries
{
    Name = "Rx Cases",
    Type = ChartSeriesType.Bar,
    YAxisType = ChartYAxisType.Primary
};
 
var otherCases = new ChartSeries
{
    Name = "Other Cases",
    Type = ChartSeriesType.Bar,
    YAxisType = ChartYAxisType.Primary
};
 
 
data.ForEach(c =>
                {
                    ChartMonths.Add(Convert.ToDateTime(c.YearMo + "-01"));
 
                    var barTooltip = string.Format("<b>{0}</b><br /># of Cases: {1}<br />Total Sales: {2:C}", c.Category, c.NumInvoices, c.TotalSold);
                    var barSeriesItem = new ChartSeriesItem(Convert.ToDouble(c.NumInvoices), c.Category) { Name = c.Category };
                    barSeriesItem.Label.Visible = false;
                    barSeriesItem.Label.ActiveRegion.Tooltip = barTooltip;
                    barSeriesItem.ActiveRegion.Tooltip = barTooltip;
 
 
                    switch (c.InvoiceCategoryID)
                    {
                        case -1:
                            otherCases.AddItem(barSeriesItem);
                            break;
                        case 1:
                            primaryKnee.AddItem(barSeriesItem);
                            break;
                        case 2:
                            revisionKnee.AddItem(barSeriesItem);
                            break;
                        case 3:
                            hipCases.AddItem(barSeriesItem);
                            break;
                        case 11:
                            rxCases.AddItem(barSeriesItem);
                            break;
                    }
                });
rcTotalCaseTypes.Series.Add(primaryKnee);
rcTotalCaseTypes.Series.Add(revisionKnee);
rcTotalCaseTypes.Series.Add(hipCases);
rcTotalCaseTypes.Series.Add(rxCases);
rcTotalCaseTypes.Series.Add(otherCases);
rcTotalCaseTypes.DataBind();
 
rcTotalCaseTypes.PlotArea.XAxis.Clear();
if (ChartMonths.Count > 0)
{
    var uniqueMonths = new HashSet<DateTime>(ChartMonths);
    uniqueMonths.ToList().ForEach(m => rcTotalCaseTypes.PlotArea.XAxis.AddItem(m.ToString("MM/yyyy")));
}
 
rcTotalCaseTypes.PlotArea.YAxis.ScaleBreaks.Segments.Add(new AxisSegment() { MinValue = 0, MaxValue = 150, Step = 10 });
rcTotalCaseTypes.PlotArea.YAxis.ScaleBreaks.Segments.Add(new AxisSegment() { MinValue = 151, MaxValue = 500, Step = 10 });

I'd prefer not to have to manually create segments, but if I have to I will. 

Thank you for your help!
Peshito
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Mar 2012
9 answers
376 views
Hi Guys,
I have a table with two rows, the first row contains a web user control with a classic toolbar control, the second row contains a RadEditor (v 2009.2.701.35). So basically, I want to have my RadEditor consuming the 100% of my remaining content area, but I don't want to use a fixed size because it will work for a "Hardcode" screen resolution.  I noticed that default height value is 400px, but if I set a width value of 100% it is interpret as 100px (bug??). Is there any way to accomplish this UI requirement?

Thanks
tasos
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 21 Mar 2012
1 answer
154 views
Hi,

We are using Telerik control of version 2009.2.701.35.

In our application we have requirement as when the user performs any ajax postback operation till the operation is completed the user should not be able to perform another operation (like clicking another button in the page) and so the screen should be like readonly.

We have a master page which is common for all pages in the application. Currently In the master page on Ajax OnResponseStart event we get the form tag and make it disabled and OnResponseEnd event we get the form tag and make it enabled.

In this scenario UI shows the whole screen as disabled on request start but the user is able to perform any operation.

Please let us know if there is any option to implement this functionality using RadAjax controls.

Thanks
Tsvetina
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Mar 2012
8 answers
137 views
Hi,

I am adding 300 nodes to a treeview using the client side API.
And get this notorious message from Internet Explorer: 

A script on this page is causing your web browser to run slowly.
If it continues to run, your computer might become
unresponsive.


I even tried using bulkUpdateWith, but it didn't help and I still get the same message.
Is there anything that can be done about it?

I am using version 2011.3.1305.35

Here is my AddNode function :

function AddNode(nodesColl, member, memberIdx, members) {
    var node = new Telerik.Web.UI.RadTreeNode()
 
    node.set_value(member.Id)
    node.set_text(member.Tx)
 
    if (IsMemberHasChildMembers(memberIdx, member, members)) {
        node.set_expandMode(Telerik.Web.UI.TreeNodeExpandMode.ServerSideCallBack)
    }
    else {
        node.set_expandMode(Telerik.Web.UI.TreeNodeExpandMode.ClientSide)
    }
 
    if (member.Sl) {
        node.check()
    }
 
    node.get_attributes().setAttribute("MemberIdx", memberIdx)
 
    nodesColl.add(node)
}
 
function IsMemberHasChildMembers(memberIdx, member, members) {
    if (members.length == memberIdx + 1) {
        return false
    }
 
    var nextMember = members[memberIdx + 1]
    var hasChildren = nextMember.Lv > member.Lv
 
    return hasChildren
}


Thanks,
Michael
Bozhidar
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Mar 2012
3 answers
198 views

My apologies for posting this bug here. I tried posting it in the PITS, but it got lost somewhere. So posting it here once again.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
With the following settings for RadNumericTextBox,

<telerik:RadNumericTextBox ID="RadInputNum1" runat="server" NumberFormat-DecimalSeparator="," NumberFormat-GroupSeparator="."/>

 

if i decide to enter the numbers using the number keys on the right-hand side of my keyboard (not the keys above the Qwerty keys), i face some problem.
 

Say, by mistake I press dot (.) (with the intention to add decimal). Ofcourse, the control does not allow me to enter that dot (.) because decimalseparator is set as comma (,). 

The problem occurs, when i continue to press the comma (with the intention to add decimal) after pressing the dot (.) and i enter digits after the decimal.

In this case, first problem is that i see two commas in edit mode (since i pressed dot and then comma).

Second problem is, that the value gets modified when i navigate out of the control.

E.g. I press:

123456 then a dot {from right hand side number keys} (.) then a comma (,) and finally 78

In this case, i get the display as "123.456,00"

Ideally it should display "123.456,78"

Tarun
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 21 Mar 2012
15 answers
398 views
Hi
      I am using radgrid which is having the functionality of custom inline edit template, i used form template to define controls as well.
But i am facing problem in clientside function calling. I used to call my own customized JS function.

My simplified JS function:
function myFunValidation()  
{  
alert("hai check");  
return true;  
}  
 

My aspx code:

<EditFormSettings EditFormType="Template">  
<FormTemplate> 
     <asp:Button ID="btnUpdate" Text="Update" runat="server" CommandName="Update" OnClientClick="return myFunValidation()"/>  
 

 

My Issue is i am not able to postback the page, even if the suppse all data's in the page is valid. I used a simple validation in my above code,but is not working fine and no Postback occures.It seemed as a dead call.

It would be great, if i know how can achieve the above scenario.

-Thanks
 

Radoslav
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Mar 2012
4 answers
228 views
Hi,

I have a problem when trying to sorting on a column with a complex object without any value.

My code looks basically as follow:
public class Product{
 
  public int Id {get;set;}
  public string Name {get;set;}
 
  public Statistics Stats {get;set;}
}
 
public class Statistics {
  public int Downloads {get;set;}
}

The grid:

...
 <telerik:GridBoundColumn UniqueName="Id" DataType="System.Int32" DataField="Id" HeaderText="Id">
 </telerik:GridBoundColumn>
 <telerik:GridBoundColumn UniqueName="Name" DataType="System.String" DataField="Name" HeaderText="Name">
 </telerik:GridBoundColumn>
 <telerik:GridBoundColumn UniqueName="Downloads" DataType="System.Int32" DataField="Stats.Downloads" HeaderText="Downloads" DataFormatString="{0:n0}">
 </telerik:GridBoundColumn>
...

When I bind multiple records, some of them have the Stats property null, it's bind correctly. The records without stats are kept blanc for the Downloads column.

However, when I try to sort on the Downloads column, I get a NullReferenceException.

Any idea how to solve this?

Thanks
Danny
Danny
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 21 Mar 2012
1 answer
100 views
Hi,

                                         I am selecting my rows in keypress but on pressing down arrow my scroll bar moves faster than rowselection.How to make it move along with rowselection.Is this possible on setting keyboardnavigation to true.

                                         I have to show a window while pressing enter key on the row, but on setting keyboardnaviagation an edit form automatically comes while pressing enter key.

Help me
Thnx in advance.
Antonio Stoilkov
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Mar 2012
1 answer
152 views
I am currently developing Silverlight apps but I am concerned that this is an eventual dead end.  If possible please provide answers to the following questions and any other information you feel is important. 

1.  If I want to develop windows 8 metro apps and Windows Phone apps  will kendo ui web support it.

2.  Does kendo ui web work with Windows 7 client? 

3.  If kendo ui web works with Windows 7 how limited are touch gesters compared to Windows 8 Metro:

4. Please explain difference between Kendo UI web and mobile apps.

5. Will a kendo web app developed for windows 7 work on a ipad?

Thanks
Rich
Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Mar 2012
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?