Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
4 answers
269 views
I just placed a Prometheus Ajax Manager onto a master page and set a couple of controls and am now receiving this error.  I can't seem to figure out why.  Does anyone have any clues on what to look for with this error.  I didn't receive this error prior to placing the new ajax manager on the master page so I'm pretty much at a loss on it.
Petya
Telerik team
 answered on 14 Aug 2007
15 answers
987 views
It seems that only one single instance of AjaxManager is allowed per page. What happens if I create a couple of user controls that incorporate AjaxManager? Is this is a bug or intentionally designed like this?

MB
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 14 Aug 2007
2 answers
94 views
I've created a dock portal and have noticed a curious problem.
When I minimise a dock I can then expand it to get the dock back to normal size. however if I minimise it (save the state to a database) then come back to the page (reload state from the database) items that were minimised can no longer be restored to there original size. It's as if the control that is inside the dock isn't created if the dock is in minimise state onload.

Has anyone else had this problem?
Martin Beeby
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 13 Aug 2007
1 answer
204 views
We have implemented the Sharepoint RadEditor control on our site and we are seeing some strange behavior when pasting from Microsoft Word.

When we paste from Word and tell it Yes to remove all Word formatting, it seems to work fine. However, when we choose the Format Stripper and choose the Font Tags option to remove all Font Tags, the text that then appears seems to be something like Greek text or something. It looks normal when you view the HTML view but in design view, it looks like Greek text. The only way I know to get rid of that is to first strip all Span tags, then strip all Cascading Style Sheets. At that point I can strip all Font Tags and it works.

I am copying from Word 2007. Could that be the issue? Is this a known thing?

Thanks,

David
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Aug 2007
4 answers
251 views
Hi,

We are having an issue trying to add Flash and Media content to the site.  We have added the FlashManager and MediaManager buttons to our control (RadHtmlField).  All looks good while editing the content (the media/flash shows and plays), however, when the editor closes (preview, save, publish etc) the html to show the Flash or Media is no longer present (i.e. the HTML wasn't saved).  e.g.

Before Save:
<p><font size="2"><embed style="WIDTH: 150px; HEIGHT: 150px" pluginspage="http://download.microsoft.com/download/winmediaplayer/nsplugin/6.4/WIN98/EN-US/wmpplugin.exe" align="null" src="/en/news/PublishingImages/einstein_precess.avi" type="application/x-mplayer2" /><br />This is a test page.<br /><br />

After Save:
<p><font size=2>
      
      <br>This is a test page.<br><br>


Thanks in advance,
Grant Holdom.

Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Aug 2007
1 answer
129 views
We tried to use ConfigFile and ToolsFile properties (inside an .ascx) like this:
 
   <radE:RadHtmlField  ... ToolsFile="/_wpresources/RadEditorSharePoint/AMC.Extensions/ToolsFile.xml" ConfigFile="/_wpresources/RadEditorSharePoint/AMC.Extensions/ConfigFile.xml" />
 
If we add these properties to the RadHtmlField on the fly in say "...\web server extensions\12\TEMPLATE\CONTROLTEMPLATES\xyz.ascx" and, immediately after that, switch a page containing this control
into "Edit Mode", everything seems to work fine.
But there are cases - especially after an "iisreset" - when the Page will not switch to "Edit Mode". There is no response and after a while either a "cannot display the webpage" or a login request appears.
And it seems that a Microsoft Application Error report is triggered (DW20.exe in task manager) - unfortunately I have no idea which error is reported.
 
Do you have an idea what's going wrong?
Lini
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Aug 2007
15 answers
296 views
Hi,

Is there anyway of getting the MOSS rich text editor spell checker to run through the RadEditor?

Thanks for your help

Kind Regards

Mark Cullen
Lini
Telerik team
 answered on 10 Aug 2007
1 answer
101 views
Hi

There appears to be a problem with the slider. To replicate the problem:

1) Go to any of the slider example pages on your web site
2) Click on the slider - with the mouse button held down move the pointer outside the browser window
3) Release the mouse button
4) Move mouse back into browser window - slider now moves back and forward even though no mouse button is down.

The same problem happens with the Ajax control toolkit slider.

Cheers

Steve
Tsvetie
Telerik team
 answered on 10 Aug 2007
1 answer
221 views

I’m enjoying testing out various toolbar configurations for my WSS3 site. While there are a few examples in the RadEditor documentation, I think it would be helpful to publish a library of toolbar configurations to aid rapid development. Additionally, I found that some tools do not work with some lists. For example, you cannot make a table in an announcement webpart. Accordingly, it would be value to have the example library segregated into toolbar configurations that work for different types of lists, as well as, MOSS vs WSS.

On that last point, I’m unclear what tools work in MOSS, but do not work in WSS. Can you provide a list? Thanks.

Lini
Telerik team
 answered on 09 Aug 2007
1 answer
154 views
Hello All,
  I am trying to convert my current scheduling system to be based off the proposed RadScheduler. One issue that is causing me problems, is accessing the proper server side controls.  In particular I am trying to figure out the server side control (or how to access the proper client side control from the server) when deleting or editing a series vs a single of a series. I am able to handle a single deleted instance within a recurring appointment, however, I am can't seem to figure out how to properly detect when the client has selected the delete occurence vs the delete series. I thought the ReccuenceState would be what I needed, however, there are times when it claims to be "Occurence" and deletes the series.  What am I missing? Thanks in advance.

T. Tsonev
Telerik team
 answered on 09 Aug 2007
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?