Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
5 answers
570 views
Hello,

I'm getting this error:
The control with ID 'ruFileUpload' requires a ScriptManager on the page. The ScriptManager must appear before any controls that need it.

Yes, there is a scriptManager on the page and it works on my PC but not on the development PC

Can't find anything I'm doing wrong, in fact I have the excact same code on two different PCs, same web.conifg.  Same versions of telerik.web.UI.dll. 

The sample code provided with the Prometheus install works fine.  I tried using this dll in the project but that doesn't help.

Here is a copy of my web.config

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!--
    Note: As an alternative to hand editing this file you can use the
    web admin tool to configure settings for your application. Use
    the Website->Asp.Net Configuration option in Visual Studio.
    A full list of settings and comments can be found in
    machine.config.comments usually located in
    \Windows\Microsoft.Net\Framework\v2.x\Config
-->
<configuration>
    <configSections>
        <sectionGroup name="system.web.extensions" type="System.Web.Configuration.SystemWebExtensionsSectionGroup, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35">
            <sectionGroup name="scripting" type="System.Web.Configuration.ScriptingSectionGroup, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35">
                <section name="scriptResourceHandler" type="System.Web.Configuration.ScriptingScriptResourceHandlerSection, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35" requirePermission="false" allowDefinition="MachineToApplication"/>
                <sectionGroup name="webServices" type="System.Web.Configuration.ScriptingWebServicesSectionGroup, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35">
                    <section name="jsonSerialization" type="System.Web.Configuration.ScriptingJsonSerializationSection, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35" requirePermission="false" allowDefinition="Everywhere"/>
                    <section name="profileService" type="System.Web.Configuration.ScriptingProfileServiceSection, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35" requirePermission="false" allowDefinition="MachineToApplication"/>
                    <section name="authenticationService" type="System.Web.Configuration.ScriptingAuthenticationServiceSection, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35" requirePermission="false" allowDefinition="MachineToApplication"/>
                    <section name="roleService" type="System.Web.Configuration.ScriptingRoleServiceSection, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35" requirePermission="false" allowDefinition="MachineToApplication"/>
                </sectionGroup>
            </sectionGroup>
        </sectionGroup>
    </configSections>
   
    <appSettings/>
   
    <connectionStrings>
        <add name="ConnectionString" connectionString="Data Source=Dev01\DEV01;Initial Catalog=PManager;Persist Security Info=True;User ID=sa;Password=@vwDevDB"/>
        <!--<add name="ConnectionString" connectionString="Data Source=.\SQLEXPRESS;AttachDbFileName=|DataDirectory|\ACCVideoQuestions.mdf;Integrated Security=True;User Instance=True"/>-->
    </connectionStrings>
   

    <system.web>
        <!--
            Set compilation debug="true" to insert debugging
            symbols into the compiled page. Because this
            affects performance, set this value to true only
            during development.
        -->
        <compilation debug="true">
            <assemblies>
                <add assembly="System.Core, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B77A5C561934E089"/>
                <add assembly="System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35"/>
                <add assembly="System.Data.DataSetExtensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B77A5C561934E089"/>
                <add assembly="System.Xml.Linq, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B77A5C561934E089"/>
                <add assembly="Telerik.Charting, Version=1.7.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=D14F3DCC8E3E8763"/>
            </assemblies>
        </compilation>
        <!--
            The <authentication> section enables configuration
            of the security authentication mode used by
            ASP.NET to identify an incoming user.
        -->
        <authentication mode="Windows"/>
        <!--
            The <customErrors> section enables configuration
            of what to do if/when an unhandled error occurs
            during the execution of a request. Specifically,
            it enables developers to configure html error pages
            to be displayed in place of a error stack trace.
  -->
            <customErrors mode="Off" defaultRedirect="GenericErrorPage.htm">
                <error statusCode="403" redirect="NoAccess.htm" />
                <error statusCode="404" redirect="FileNotFound.htm" />
            </customErrors>

            <pages>
            <controls>
                <add tagPrefix="ajax" namespace="System.Web.UI" assembly="System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35"/>
                <add tagPrefix="ajax" namespace="System.Web.UI.WebControls" assembly="System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35"/>
            </controls>
        </pages>
        <httpHandlers>
            <remove verb="*" path="*.asmx"/>
            <add verb="*" path="Telerik.RadUploadProgressHandler.ashx" type="Telerik.Web.UI.Upload.RadUploadProgressHandler, Telerik.Web.UI"/>
            <add verb="*" path="*.asmx" validate="false" type="System.Web.Script.Services.ScriptHandlerFactory, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35"/>
            <add verb="*" path="*_AppService.axd" validate="false" type="System.Web.Script.Services.ScriptHandlerFactory, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35"/>
            <add verb="GET,HEAD" path="ScriptResource.axd" type="System.Web.Handlers.ScriptResourceHandler, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35" validate="false"/>
        </httpHandlers>
        <httpModules>
            <add name="RadUploadModule" type="Telerik.Web.UI.RadUploadHttpModule, Telerik.Web.UI"/>
            <add name="ScriptModule" type="System.Web.Handlers.ScriptModule, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35"/>
        </httpModules>
    </system.web>
    <system.codedom>
        <compilers>
            <compiler language="c#;cs;csharp" extension=".cs" compilerOptions="/warnaserror-" warningLevel="4" type="Microsoft.CSharp.CSharpCodeProvider, System, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089">
                <providerOption name="CompilerVersion" value="v3.5"/>
            </compiler>
            <compiler language="vb;vbs;visualbasic;vbscript" extension=".vb" compilerOptions="/optioninfer+" type="Microsoft.VisualBasic.VBCodeProvider, System, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089">
                <providerOption name="CompilerVersion" value="v3.5"/>
            </compiler>
        </compilers>
    </system.codedom>
    <system.web.extensions>
        <scripting>
            <webServices>
                <!--
              Uncomment this section to enable the authentication service. Include
             requireSSL="true" if appropriate.
       
          <authenticationService enabled="true" requireSSL = "true|false"/>
          -->
                <!--
              Uncomment these lines to enable the profile service, and to choose the
              profile properties that can be retrieved and modified in ASP.NET AJAX
              applications.
       
           <profileService enabled="true"
             readAccessProperties="propertyname1,propertyname2"
             writeAccessProperties="propertyname1,propertyname2" />
          -->
                <!--
            Uncomment this section to enable the role service.        
            <roleService enabled="true"/>
          -->
            </webServices>
            <!--
        <scriptResourceHandler enableCompression="true" enableCaching="true" />
        -->
        </scripting>
    </system.web.extensions>
    <!--
        The system.webServer section is required for running ASP.NET AJAX under Internet
        Information Services 7.0.  It is not necessary for previous version of IIS.
    -->
    <system.webServer>
        <validation validateIntegratedModeConfiguration="false"/>
        <modules>
            <add name="ScriptModule" preCondition="integratedMode" type="System.Web.Handlers.ScriptModule, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35"/>
        </modules>
        <handlers>
            <remove name="WebServiceHandlerFactory-Integrated"/>
            <add name="ScriptHandlerFactory" verb="*" path="*.asmx" preCondition="integratedMode" type="System.Web.Script.Services.ScriptHandlerFactory, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35"/>
            <add name="ScriptHandlerFactoryAppServices" verb="*" path="*_AppService.axd" preCondition="integratedMode" type="System.Web.Script.Services.ScriptHandlerFactory, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35"/>
            <add name="ScriptResource" preCondition="integratedMode" verb="GET,HEAD" path="ScriptResource.axd" type="System.Web.Handlers.ScriptResourceHandler, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35"/>
        </handlers>
    </system.webServer>
</configuration>

I hope that paste comes out more clear. if not, sorry about that

Thanks for any help or suggestions
Sophy
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Jan 2008
1 answer
131 views
Hi!

First of all, thanks for a great product=) I can't believe M$ didn't implement the image browser\uploader in their rich text editor! Having to copy and past the URL to the image sucks.

On to my question. I've read the license, but can't figure out what the limitations on commercial use of the Lite version are. Am I allowed to use it on a commercial website, or does that require a license?
Lidiya
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Jan 2008
3 answers
150 views

Hi, I'm trying to have various treeviews inside a datalist, but i have problems to register the with the RadTreeViewContextMenuEventHandler,  I'm using findcontrol to find the radtreeview inside the datalist, but i need to register in the treeview the RadTreeViewContextMenuEventHandler to manage events inside the contextmenu, I tried to do it, but it doesn't work , when i clicked inside an item all data is lost in the postback, do you know a way to do that?... here is the .cs  and aspx code:

foreach (DataListItem item in dtlProcesosValor.Items)

{

Procesos procesoPadreAnexar = listaProcesosPadreValor[i];

Telerik.Web.UI.

RadTreeView trvProcesosValor1 = (RadTreeView)item.FindControl("trvProcesosValor");

IList<Procesos> procesoshijos = this._presenter.ListarHijos(procesoPadreAnexar);

// procesoshijos.Add(procesoPadreAnexar);

DataTable dtProcesos = _presenter.ListaProcesosADataTable(procesoshijos);

trvProcesosValor1.DataSource = dtProcesos;

 

trvProcesosValor1.DataFieldID =

"IdProceso";

trvProcesosValor1.DataTextField =

"Nombre";

trvProcesosValor1.DataValueField =

"IdProceso";

trvProcesosValor1.DataFieldParentID =

"IdPadre";

trvProcesosValor1.DataBind();

trvProcesosValor1.ContextMenuItemClick +=

new RadTreeViewContextMenuEventHandler(trvProcesosValor1_ContextMenuItemClick);

//RadTreeViewContextMenu mnu = (RadTreeViewContextMenu) trvProcesosValor1.FindControl("MainContextMenu");

// mnu.Items.Add(new RadMenuItem("hola"));

// RadTreeViewContextMenuEventHandler manejo = new RadTreeViewContextMenuEventHandler(RadTreeView1_ContextMenuItemClick);

// mnu.ItemClick += manejo;

 

// mnu.i += new (mnu_ItemClick);

i++;

}


<asp:DataList ID="dtlProcesosValor" runat="server" RepeatDirection="Horizontal" RepeatColumns="3"

ItemStyle-CssClass="treeSoporte" >

<ItemTemplate>

<telerik:RadTreeView ID="trvProcesosValor" runat="server"

OnContextMenuItemClick="RadTreeView1_ContextMenuItemClick" DataFieldID="IdProceso" DataFieldParentID="IdPadre" DataTextField="Nombre" DataValueField="IdProceso" >

<ContextMenus >

<telerik:RadTreeViewContextMenu ID="MainContextMenu" runat="server" Skin="Outlook" >

<Items >

<telerik:RadMenuItem Value="Editar" Text="Editar" PostBack="true" ></telerik:RadMenuItem>

<telerik:RadMenuItem Value="Eliminar" Text="Eliminar" PostBack="true" ></telerik:RadMenuItem>

<telerik:RadMenuItem Value="Detalle" Text="Detalle" PostBack="true"></telerik:RadMenuItem>

<telerik:RadMenuItem Value="Ver Diagrama" Text="Ver Diagrama" PostBack="true"></telerik:RadMenuItem>

<telerik:RadMenuItem Value="Eliminar Diagrama" Text="Eliminar Diagrama" PostBack="true" ></telerik:RadMenuItem>

</Items>

</telerik:RadTreeViewContextMenu>

</ContextMenus>

</telerik:RadTreeView>

</ItemTemplate>

</asp:DataList>



Erjan Gavalji
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Jan 2008
1 answer
169 views
Hi,

Is it possible to change the font of the HTML Editor? I prefer a fixed width font like Courier New. ("ContentAreaCssFile" doesn't apply to the HTML Editor, just the content editor.)

Also, will you be enabling the 'old' EnableTabs property where 4 spaces are inserted, rather than the current 'change focus' behaviour.

Thanks,

Paul.
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Jan 2008
1 answer
167 views
Is there a document or thread anywhere describing the steps for setting up Prometheus. I have been using RadControls for a while and have had no isues in setup etc.

When I installed Prometheus, no issues during installation, toolbox showed up etc. But when I try and add a RadScriptManager to the page I get an error that it cannot render the control or cannot find the VXD. I understand there needs to be an HTTPHandler in the web.config, but I was also reading I could have this automatically setup using the smart tag. Problem is the smart tag is never showing due to the error in rendering the control or finding the VXD.

What I am looking for is a breakout of what files have to be copied over after installation, what folders do they go in, what has to be in web.config, etc. Is there some setting preventing the smart tag from showing up, etc.

Thanks for the help.

Chris Eisnaugle
Iana Tsolova
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Jan 2008
2 answers
100 views
Hi,

we are developing a MOSS System and were using the Lite RadEditor for MOSS so far. We've done some customizations like changing the color palette, limit the font types and add some new buttons and drop downs (using different tools-files).

Will this customized tools-files be working with the full featured RadEditor? Or do we need to redo the whole customization?

And: will we need to deactivate the lite editor for all lists and pages before retracting it and deploying the full version? Or does this work the same way as upgrading to a newer lite version?

Finally: is there any chance to parallel install the lite and full RadEditor and the same MOSS for testing?
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 24 Jan 2008
4 answers
275 views
My goal: create a TextBox that is readonly. Click on the text, and a ToolTip appears where you can 'edit' the content and click on save where upon the tooltip disappears and the form is updated.

I created the user control and in the Tooltip attributes set the TargetControlID to the Textbox (ID=PayLoadTextBox) and set the IsClientID to false.

It works great.

Now I want to be able to add multiple of these controls onto a single page. I therefore change the TargetControlID to "<%= PayLoadTextBox.ClientID %>" and set the IsClientID to true.

Now the popup doesn't appear. (Nothing else was changed.)

Am I missing something obvious?


Thanks,


Andrew T.
Andrew Thompson
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 24 Jan 2008
1 answer
160 views
Hi there, just want to know if there was a way to control the Link Manager dialog for the RadEditor control?

It's a bit TOO powerful for my purpose right now, all I want is to allow the users to create HTTP links that's all.

Yes, I know I still need to filter out the actual content on the server side but if the client side doesn't reveal the options the users will have no reason to yell at me if I silently fail their post or filter it. ;)
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Jan 2008
1 answer
173 views
Hi All

I am in the middle of implementing the latest build of the prometheus version of the treeview control.

I have a lot of nodes in my tree so i am using the load on demand serverside callback feature, and the treeview is wrapped in a AJAX updatepanel.

So far so good.

What i need to do is set the nodes NodeTemplate from the code behind when the user expands the node, but i can't seem to figure this out. There is no uniqueID or anything else on the nodetemplate, so i cannot refer the node to it.

How do i set the nodetemplate server side ?

Best regards
Bo
Veselin Vasilev
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Jan 2008
2 answers
152 views
How do we retain scroll position for radtreeview Prometheus?

The property does not exist anymore
Fonny
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 24 Jan 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?