Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
7 answers
124 views
I've been able to open the sample project once. Since then everytime I try to open the sample project Visual studio (2005) crashes and stop responding.

Is there any issues between rad control prometheus and Resharper ?

Anyone else had this problem ?

I tried to uninstall the rad control but the uninstall process is VERY slow.

I am working on Vista.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Paul
Telerik team
 answered on 06 Feb 2008
1 answer
91 views
Hi guys,

I used to have a custom links using treeview.

I am using something like this

var toolIcon = oTool.GetIcon();  
 
treeDiv.style.top = (GetY(toolIcon) + 25) + "px"; 
treeDiv.style.left = (GetX(toolIcon) + 1) + "px"; 
 
function GetX(obj) 
    {  
        var curleft = 0;  
     
        if (obj.offsetParent)  
        {  
            while (obj.offsetParent)  
            {  
                curleft += obj.offsetLeft;  
                objobj = obj.offsetParent;  
            }  
        } 
        else if (obj.x)  
        { 
            curleft += obj.x;  
        } 
        return curleft;  
    } 
 
      
    function GetY(obj) 
    {  
        var curtop = 0;  
         
        if (obj.offsetParent)  
        {  
            while (obj.offsetParent)  
            {  
                curtop += obj.offsetTop;  
                objobj = obj.offsetParent;  
            }  
        }  
        else if (obj.y)  
        { 
            curtop += obj.y;  
             
        } 
        return curtop;  
    } 
 
 

to get the position.

How do I do this with the new editor?

It is very difficult to find all the client api functions available in rad editor. It would be great if I can find all the client api function related to editor in one place and can see the example by clicking them. It is very difficult to get the function that I need in online documentation!

Cheers,
Bardia
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 06 Feb 2008
2 answers
158 views
Hi,

I am using full-featured RADEditor 4.4.1 version. I have configured DocumentsManager and DocumentsPath in ListConfigFile.xml

<property name="DocumentsPaths">
    <item>/Shared Documents/</item>
    <item>/Personal Docs/</item>
    <item>/Site1/Shared Documents/</item>
    <item>/Site2/Personal Docs/</item>
</property>

I am using RAD Editor in my default SharePoint list items. When I use Document Manager feature ofRAD Editor, it is not showing Folders from Site1 and Site2.

Also, showing error saying not able to find SPFolder. Based on my observation, it only allows to get the document libraries from current and its parent site, not any other sibling site or different site.

Can you please let me know how to resolve this issue? Because, my requirement is to show the document libraries from different sites in RADEditor "Document Manager".

Regards,
Phani
Phani
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 06 Feb 2008
1 answer
196 views

I have a template I'm applying to some of my nodes; its made up of a table control set to 100% width. Normaly this table is correctly sized based on the width of the tree view control, but when I enable checkboxes the table overflows the side of the control by the width of the checkboxes. I'm trying to figure out a way to prevent this. To illustrate the problem I've created the below example; if you run it as is, everything works fine, but if you change line 19 of Default.aspx from Checkboxes="false" to "true" you'll see that a portion of the table gets clipped. Any suggestions would be appreciated

Default.aspx

<%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true"  CodeFile="Default.aspx.cs" Inherits="_Default" %> 
 
<%@ Register Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" Namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" TagPrefix="telerik" %> 
 
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> 
 
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">  
<head runat="server">  
    <title>Untitled Page</title> 
</head> 
<body> 
    <form id="form1" runat="server">  
    <div> 
    <telerik:RadScriptManager ID="RadScriptManager1" runat="server">  
    </telerik:RadScriptManager> 
 
        <telerik:RadSplitter ID="TestContainer" runat="server" Width="300px" Height="300px" Orientation="Vertical" LiveResize="true" ResizeMode="AdjacentPane">  
            <telerik:RadPane runat="server" Width="100%" Height="100%" Scrolling="Y">  
                <telerik:RadTreeView ID="RadTreeView1" runat="server" CheckBoxes="false">  
                </telerik:RadTreeView> 
            </telerik:RadPane> 
            <telerik:RadSplitBar runat="server" EnableResize="true" /> 
            <telerik:RadPane Width="100px" Height="100%" runat="server"><--icons should remain aligned right on resize</telerik:RadPane> 
        </telerik:RadSplitter> 
    </div> 
    </form> 
</body> 
</html> 

Default.aspx.cs
using System;  
using System.Configuration;  
using System.Data;  
using System.Linq;  
using System.Web;  
using System.Web.Security;  
using System.Web.UI;  
using System.Web.UI.HtmlControls;  
using System.Web.UI.WebControls;  
using System.Web.UI.WebControls.WebParts;  
using System.Xml.Linq;  
 
using Telerik.Web.UI;  
 
public partial class _Default : System.Web.UI.Page  
{  
    protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)  
    {  
        String[] NodeNames = new String[] { "Root Node 1", "Root Node 2", "Root Node 3" };  
 
        foreach (String name in NodeNames)  
        {  
            RadTreeNode node = new RadTreeNode(name);  
            //node.ImageUrl = "Placeholder.png";  
            node.NodeTemplate = new TreeNodeTemplate(false);  
 
            RadTreeNode child1 = new RadTreeNode("child1");  
            //child1.ImageUrl = "Placeholder.png";  
            child1.NodeTemplate = new TreeNodeTemplate(true);  
            RadTreeNode child2 = new RadTreeNode("child2");  
            //child2.ImageUrl = "Placeholder.png";  
            child2.NodeTemplate = new TreeNodeTemplate(true);  
            RadTreeNode child3 = new RadTreeNode("child3");  
            //child3.ImageUrl = "Placeholder.png";  
            child3.NodeTemplate = new TreeNodeTemplate(false);  
 
            node.Nodes.Add(child1);  
            node.Nodes.Add(child2);  
            node.Nodes.Add(child3);  
 
            node.Expanded = true;  
 
            RadTreeView1.Nodes.Add(node);  
        }  
 
        RadTreeView1.DataBind();  
    }  
 
    class TreeNodeTemplate : ITemplate  
    {  
        public bool ShowIcon { get; set; }  
 
        public TreeNodeTemplate(bool showIcon)  
        {  
            this.ShowIcon = showIcon;  
        }  
 
        public void InstantiateIn(Control container)  
        {  
            Table tblTreeNode = new Table();  
            tblTreeNode.Width = Unit.Percentage(100);  
            tblTreeNode.Height = Unit.Percentage(100);  
            tblTreeNode.CellSpacing = 0;  
            tblTreeNode.CellPadding = 0;  
            tblTreeNode.CssClass = "TreeNode";  
 
            TableRow tblTreeNode_Row1 = new TableRow();  
 
            TableCell tblTreeNode_TextCell = new TableCell();  
 
            Label nodeText = new Label();  
            nodeText.ID = "NodeText";  
            nodeText.DataBinding += new EventHandler(nodeText_DataBinding);  
 
            tblTreeNode_TextCell.Controls.Add(nodeText);  
            tblTreeNode_Row1.Controls.Add(tblTreeNode_TextCell);  
 
            TableCell tblTreeNode_IconCell = new TableCell();  
            tblTreeNode_IconCell.Width = Unit.Pixel(16);  
 
            if (this.ShowIcon)  
            {  
                Image imgIcon = new Image();  
                imgIcon.ID = "NodeImage";  
                imgIcon.ImageUrl = "Placeholder.png";  
                imgIcon.AlternateText = "Icon";  
 
                tblTreeNode_IconCell.Controls.Add(imgIcon);  
            }  
 
            tblTreeNode_Row1.Controls.Add(tblTreeNode_IconCell);  
            tblTreeNode.Controls.Add(tblTreeNode_Row1);  
 
            container.Controls.Add(tblTreeNode);  
        }  
 
        private void nodeText_DataBinding(object sender, EventArgs e)  
        {  
            Label target = (Label)sender;  
            RadTreeNode node = (RadTreeNode)target.BindingContainer;  
            string nodeText = (string)DataBinder.Eval(node, "Text");  
            target.Text = nodeText;  
        }  
 
    }  
}  
 
Atanas Korchev
Telerik team
 answered on 06 Feb 2008
3 answers
346 views
Will the the Prometheus RadDatePicker have the ability to pick quarterly dates as with the RicherComponents RichDatePicker? i.e. Q1 2008
Giuseppe
Telerik team
 answered on 06 Feb 2008
2 answers
258 views
Hi guys, I'm having the following issue when trying to group my radgrid control.
On the itemdatabound event I did not find a way to make reference to a column of any particular row using the name of the column.
The GridItemEventArgs class only brings me the chance to use e.Item.Cells[index] to get the column value, e.Item.Cells[3] for instance. However, when grouping my grid the e.item.Cells[3] is no longer there so I need a way to reach the column by name instead of doing this by index (integer). Something like e.item.Cells["ColumnName"]
Is there any way to carry out this functionality ??

Thanks,

François.
franchute
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 06 Feb 2008
1 answer
208 views
Hi,

I have a master detail grid where I show a context menu that is populated through a web service. The menu should be different depending on the access rights of the user and if the row is a master of detail row.

In the grid in the ClientSettings-section I have
<ClientEvents OnRowContextMenu="RowContextMenu"></ClientEvents>
which points to
            function RowContextMenu(sender, eventArgs)
            {
                document.getElementById("radGridClickedRowIndex").value = eventArgs.get_itemIndexHierarchical();
            }

so I can store the hierarchical key of the row in a hidden field.

In the RadContextMenu I have OnClientItemPopulating="onClientItemPopulatingHandler"
which is
function onClientItemPopulatingHandler(sender, eventArgs)
            {
                var item = eventArgs.get_item();
                var context = eventArgs.get_context();
                context["Row"] = document.getElementById("radGridClickedRowIndex").value;
            }
so I can send the value of the hidden field to the web service that populated the menu.

In the menu I have only the item
<telerik:RadMenuItem Text="Operations" Value="Action" ExpandMode="WebService" PostBack="true"></telerik:RadMenuItem>

Problem 1:
The menu population works fine when retrieving the values for the first time for each row type, i.e. when showing the menu for a master row the menu is retrieved and likewise for a detail row. However, the second time i right-click on a master or detail row the menu isn't retrieved from the web service again even though I have PersistLoadOnDemandItems=false, i.e. the same menu is shown for all master rows and the same menu is shown for all detail rows. I need the menu to be retrieved for each row because the user doesn't have the same rights to all rows. How can I do this?

------------------

Problem 2:
In the RadContextMenu I have OnItemClick="ContextMenu_ItemClick" that should fire the ContextMenu_ItemClick method when a menu item i clicked. In the menu I have one static item Operations (shown above) and when clicking that a postback is done. The problem is that no postback happens when clicking the dynamically loaded items even though I set .PostBack=true for each RadMenuItemData that is returned by the web service.

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong? If it's a bug can it be worked around by adding some javascript?

Regards,
Mathias
Atanas Korchev
Telerik team
 answered on 06 Feb 2008
5 answers
218 views
If I add attributes to the children nodes, I get a stack overflow error in the internet explorer. Here is the code:

childNode.Attributes.Add("Category", (string)row["Type"]);


I will appreciate if you could please look into it.

Thanks
Som
Atanas Korchev
Telerik team
 answered on 06 Feb 2008
1 answer
176 views
Hi,

I'm trying to reproduce this example :
http://www.telerik.com/DEMOS/ASPNET/Prometheus/Grid/Examples/Programming/SelectRowWithCheckBox/DefaultCS.aspx

I tried to adapt one of my application so that a click on my checkox will execute some code behind without a postback. Only problem, they always do a postback. So I tried this example up there. Copy paste the code on a new project. I removes the Header and Footer part. It pops me an error that ScriptManager was not recognized. So I use the designer and drag and drop a new which add a tag with System.Web.Extentions. Now the example runs fine exept that.... the checkbox keep doing a postback.

Anyone have any ideals how I could fix this?

Thank you
Vlad
Telerik team
 answered on 06 Feb 2008
2 answers
135 views
I'm converting from Componentart menu which had a really great feature for the menu with the Selected Item.

I have found a couple of references to it here, but none that deal with a menu that is mixed Images/Text. The top level of my menu has images, but the dropdowns are text. I would like the top level image to display a selected image when an item in the dropdown is active.

Can someone point me to an example where images and text are used like my situation? Thanks.
Philip
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 06 Feb 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?