Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
4 answers
733 views
I have several TableCells that I'd like to use to link to other pages.  Is there a "click" event for TableCell that I can attach a method to on the server-side?

Also, the RadGrid I am referring to is within the NestedViewTemplate of another RadGrid and that has an "OnItemCommand" method attached to it.  The problem I am experiencing is that I can't seem to isolate a click in the child grid from a click in the parent grid.  No matter which grid the item is in that I click on, it executes the parent's OnItemCommand method.  Is there a way to isolate it or turn that method off for child grids?

Thanks,

Eddie
Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 04 Jun 2008
1 answer
187 views
Hi,
I have an radgrid working in which editing is possible. But i can't seem to find out how i can change the language into dutch? I see foor example "add new record", "refresh", "edit", "udate" etc. Is it possilble to change these in dutch?
Thanks,
alex
Princy
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 04 Jun 2008
1 answer
152 views
Hi,

I am using objectdatasource with my grid. And the data table is empty i want to see "No records to display." message but instead of that i see nothing.

Is there any way to see this message with objectdatasource.

Regards,
Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 04 Jun 2008
1 answer
127 views
I built a gridview with an edit button on each row. The problem is, the edit form is always open (for the first row), before I press the edit button. How do I make it open only when I press edit button?
Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 04 Jun 2008
5 answers
189 views
hello,

i have radchart that i create programmatically.  i add a few line series and 1 bubble series programmatically

i would like to control the point sizes of each series item individually in the bubble series.  i cannot seem to control the individual point sizes of either a point series or a bubble series.

i have autosize = false;  here is some code i am using.

               Telerik.Charting.ChartSeries rulecs = new Telerik.Charting.ChartSeries();
                rulecs.Name = Resources.MyGlobalResources.Rules;
                rulecs.Appearance.FillStyle.MainColor = Color.Green;
                rulecs.Appearance.FillStyle.SecondColor = Color.Green;
                rulecs.Appearance.BubbleSize = 4;
                rulecs.Type = Telerik.Charting.ChartSeriesType.Bubble;
                rulecs.Appearance.PointMark.FillStyle.MainColor = Color.Green;
                rulecs.Appearance.PointMark.FillStyle.SecondColor = Color.Green;
                rulecs.Appearance.LegendDisplayMode = Telerik.Charting.ChartSeriesLegendDisplayMode.Nothing;
                rulecs.Appearance.PointDimentions.AutoSize = false;          
                rulecs.Appearance.ShowLabels = false;
                rulecs.Appearance.LabelAppearance.Visible = false;

then

to control each individual points

                        if (cbl_rules.Items[0].Selected)
                        {
                            for (int i = 0; i < a.Length; i++)
                            {
                                if (a[i])
                                {
                                    if (rulecs.Items[i].ActiveRegion.Tooltip.Length > 0)
                                        rulecs.Items[i].ActiveRegion.Tooltip = rulecs.Items[i].ActiveRegion.Tooltip + "," + Resources.MyGlobalResources.R1;
                                    else
                                        rulecs.Items[i].ActiveRegion.Tooltip = Resources.MyGlobalResources.R1;
                                    rulecs.Items[i].PointAppearance.Dimensions.AutoSize = false;
                                    rulecs.Items[i].PointAppearance.Dimensions.Height = 6;
                                    rulecs.Items[i].Appearance.FillStyle.MainColor = Color.Red;
                                    rulecs.SetItemColor(i, Color.Red);
                                    rulecs.Items[i].Appearance.FillStyle.MainColor = Color.Red;
                                    rulecs.Items[i].Appearance.FillStyle.SecondColor = Color.Red;
                                    rulecs.Items[i].PointAppearance.Dimensions.Width = 6;
                                }
                            }
                        }

else leave the point as the original size and color.

the points only seem to change when i change the following code

rulecs.Appearance.BubbleSize = 4;

please help as i have looked through the help and forums but have not been able to control the sizing of each point individually.  that said, i can control the color.  please let me know, thanks.

questions.

1.  can i control the size and color of each individual point separately in a point and bubble series? if so, how, if not, why not?

thanks again,


avh
AVH
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 03 Jun 2008
2 answers
200 views
Hello,

I'm working with a page that has a RadGrid and a RadChart that I want to tie to the same dataview so when I apply a filter to the dataview it is reflected on both the grid and the chart.

I'm having no trouble binding the view to the grid and using the Property Builder to format it.  But when I try to basically duplicate the process with the chart I'm getting an error creating the series.

The page load event loads the dataview like this (ignore the fact the the RadGrid references are missing, this is just a copy of the code for testing)...

private void LoadDataView()  
    {  
        SqlConnection myConn = new SqlConnection(ConfigurationSettings.AppSettings["SQLConnectionString"]);  
        SqlDataAdapter da = new SqlDataAdapter();  
        DataSet ds = new DataSet();  
 
        try  
        {  
            myConn.Open();  
            da.SelectCommand = new SqlCommand("select *, DateDiff(d,TimeStamp,GetDate()) as DaysOld, DateDiff(m,TimeStamp,GetDate()) as MonthsOld,RANK() OVER (order by TIMESTAMP) as RowNumber from ReadHistory where CardID = 'ABC00002' order by TimeStamp", myConn);  
            da.Fill(ds, "ReadData");  
            DataView dv = ds.Tables["ReadData"].DefaultView;  
            Session["ReadData"] = dv;  
            RadChart2.DataSource = dv;  
            RadChart2.Series[0].DataYColumn = "Systolic";  
            RadChart2.DataBind();  
        }  
        catch (Exception ex)  
        {  
            MessageBox.Show("Error Loading Data: " + ex.Message.ToString());  
        }  
    } 

The RadChart2.Series[0].DataYColumn = "Systolic" line is thowing the error: "Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection. Parameter name: index."

Is what I'm attempting to accomplish possible? (eg - 1 data view used by both objects?)

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Rick


Rick
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 03 Jun 2008
2 answers
102 views
I am not sure which scetion this posting should go under.
I have a user control page from whic i call a RadWindow.
The RadWindow returns some values.

I need to populate these values in controls on my user control page (textBox and Hyperlink controls)

I cannot set the hyperlink on clientside as on a postback it loses its value.So from the callback function i do postback to the page using 
_doPostBack("radWindow", args)

Then on Page_Load i populate the controls.

The issue i am facing is with my _doPostback my whole page flashes.
I tried using AJAXSettings -> UpdatedControls but it doesn't help.

Am i setting something wrong in the AJAXSettings or is it the _doPostBack that's causing the whole page flash?

Is there any way I can avoid it?
newbie
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 03 Jun 2008
2 answers
239 views
Just started playing with your suite yesterday and I am very impressed, keep up the good work.

I noticed that while enabling or disabling a button on the client the button's style was not being updated.  Of course the exception being if the script ran before the page load, this makes sense since it was before the decorator starts doing its magic.

I created the following helper functions that I can call to disable/enable a button.
This wasn't my first choice, due to hard coding class names I have no control over but it works.
//disables a button that has been decorated with the RadFormDecorator 
function disableButton(button, decorator) 
{ 
    var btnDisabledClass = 'radfdSkinnedFormButton radfd_<%=ConfigurationSettings.AppSettings["Telerik.Skin"]%> radfdInputDisabled'; 
    button.disabled=true; 
    decorator.className = btnDisabledClass;  
} 
 
//enables a button that has been decorated with the RadFormDecorator 
function enableButton(button, decorator) 
{ 
    var btnEnabledClass = 'radfdSkinnedFormButton radfd_<%=ConfigurationSettings.AppSettings["Telerik.Skin"]%>'; 
    button.disabled=false; 
    decorator.className = btnEnabledClass;  
} 
 

I am having issues finding the decorator element that I pass as the second param. I have resorted to hardcoding the client IDs (eww).
var decRemoveMembersFromRole =  document.getElementById("Skinnedctl00_cphPage_ctl00_btnRemoveMembersFromRole"); 

Any suggestions, am I missing something?

Keep up the good work!
Marc

Jon
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 03 Jun 2008
0 answers
123 views
Problem solved -- I just had not implemented all the necessary httpHandlers in the web.config file.
Charles
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 03 Jun 2008
1 answer
129 views
Hi Telerik team,

I have a problem moving a project from RadControls to Prometheus.
In the original project, I used to force the update of some controls using ResolveUpdatedControls event, but now the event it's gone, so I'm using OnPreRender to register some updates.

I have done a separate project, trying to reproduce the behavior, but couldn't reproduce it. I was wondering if you have any ideas on why it doesn't do anything?

Basically, the website consists of dynamically loading user controls, depending on which RadTab was clicked, like in one of your examples.

I tested the site with ajax disabled, it worked like a charm.
With ajax enabled, it fails to update some controls, even though, if I look at the $create call to RadAjaxManager, the ajax settings are persisted ok on the client.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
Raul
Maria Ilieva
Telerik team
 answered on 03 Jun 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?