Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
2 answers
120 views
Hi, have put a Q1 2008 Treeview in and all great, however W3C CSS Validator fails on the following, maybe there is a workaround otherwise please eradicate from next releases as full validation is a real bonus and can't display the logo otherwise. Phil.

46 .RadTreeView div.rtIn Value Error : display -moz-inline-block is not a display value : -moz-inline-block
77 .RadTreeView .rtSp Value Error : display -moz-inline-box is not a display value : -moz-inline-box
93 .RadTreeView .rtPlus, .RadTreeView .rtMinus Value Error : display -moz-inline-box is not a display value : -moz-inline-box
104 .RadTreeView .rtTop, .RadTreeView .rtMid, .RadTreeView .rtBot, .RadTreeView .rtUL Property zoom doesn't exist : 1
117 .RadTreeView .rtLoadingBefore, .RadTreeView .rtLoadingAfter Value Error : display -moz-inline-box is not a display value : -moz-inline-box
166 .RadTreeView_rtl .rtLI, .RadTreeView_rtl .rtIn Property zoom doesn't exist : 1

Phil C
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 18 Jun 2008
4 answers
399 views
Hello,

I've got a page with a ton of rad ajax controls on it and I've been having a lot of viewstate problems. I keep getting various errors coming in on invalid or corrupted viewstates. I know that I've got a huge viewstate on the page and I assume that twhat's happening is the viewstate is not loading completely and then getting mixed up when people hit try to move around the page too quickly.

Still... is there anything I can do about that? I know I didn't give a lot of informaiton here... the page/system is quite large and I'm not sure I'd be able to send it... even if I could... everything is db driven and I can't give access to the db for testing. With that said, if anybody has any ideas about how I might be able to get around some of these issues I would greatly appreciate it...

Thank you,

Mike



This is characteristic of what I've been getting back:

. Error Message: The state information is invalid for this page and might be corrupted.

. Base Exception Message: Invalid viewstate. Client IP: XXXXX Port: 2685 User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; de; rv:1.8.1.11) Gecko/20071127 Firefox/2.0.0.11 ViewState: /wEWMwLusu/jAgLOvq3CBgLpp8tXAoS
R6ewKAp/6hoIFAuKZtu0NAt7RhPsCArv71K8HAq7NzJEMAqDv6qsIAvPuxuEDAvaplpIGAtPT5sYKAsal3qgPApfLrNIBAurKiIgNAr/GtbkKAp3PgroNAoLm5KQDAtOhvuQBAri4oM8HArGqi+UEAon09Y4GAtfQ5bcLAsLR0oMKAt757skPAsX/970MAundxZIKAovW3ZsPArX20b0HAp7vmfwKAubOycoMAsLWopgHAuap1cUOAuapzc0JAuappbkPAqHs6NoLAqHs4McNAqHsuLMDAqHssLsOAqHsiKcEAsi42v8DAsi40uwFAtiQyLgPAo2V5P8BAp6Wm8cPAuCh6rsNAq6245YGApntjN0KAtGx7fsHAvWUpuMHNf7dOBATOHfBgKQ0SC0lLjWCaBg= Referer: http://isanet.ccit.arizona.edu/MyISA/Validated/ConferenceManager/SubmissionManager.aspx Path: /MyISA/Validated/ConferenceManager/SubmissionManager.aspx

. Stack Trace: at System.Web.UI.ViewStateException.ThrowError(Exception inner, String persistedState, String errorPageMessage, Boolean macValidationError) at System.Web.UI.ClientScriptManager.EnsureEventValidationFieldLoaded() at System.Web.UI.ClientScriptManager.ValidateEvent(String uniqueId, String argument) at System.Web.UI.Control.ValidateEvent(String uniqueID, String eventArgument) at System.Web.UI.WebControls.HiddenField.LoadPostData(String postDataKey, NameValueCollection postCollection) at System.Web.UI.WebControls.HiddenField.System.Web.UI.IPostBackDataHandler.LoadPostData(String postDataKey, NameValueCollection postCollection) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessPostData(NameValueCollection postData, Boolean fBeforeLoad) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest() at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestWithNoAssert(HttpContext context) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) at ASP.validated_conferencemanager_submissionmanager_aspx.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously).
Mike
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 18 Jun 2008
1 answer
111 views
Hi,


How to create dynamic hierarchical rad grid with xml Data source in ASP.Net

thank you,

senthil
Princy
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 18 Jun 2008
1 answer
119 views
Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
 answered on 18 Jun 2008
1 answer
103 views
Hi there

Is there a way to set the size of a rad window from within the rad window. I have been looking at the examples and they all seem to be setting the size from the calling window.

I would like to set the rad window to the size of the document contained within it but to do that i need to wait for the document to be loaded before i can work out it's size.

Thanks in advance
Svetlina Anati
Telerik team
 answered on 18 Jun 2008
1 answer
231 views

I'm generating the RadWindow in RunTime, I can PopUP but when I use
newWindow.OpenerElementId = OpenerButton.ClientID;

But what I need is to open one alert pop when one exception is generated from Server Side.

I need something to put in:

catch (Exception ex)
{
 (Here)
}





My Server Side Code

        RadWindow newWindow = new RadWindow();

        newWindow.NavigateUrl = "http://www.google.com";
        newWindow.Top = Unit.Pixel(22);
        newWindow.Left = Unit.Pixel(0);

        WindowManager.Windows.Add(newWindow);

        //Get a reference to the first window in the list
        RadWindow firstWindow = WindowManager.Windows[0];

        firstWindow.Modal = true;

Svetlina Anati
Telerik team
 answered on 18 Jun 2008
8 answers
188 views
Hi!

In your right-click menu example you have this line -
sender.get_masterTableView().selectItem(sender.get_masterTableView().get_dataItems()[index].get_element(), true);

it fails for hierarchical grids because index is a string like 0:0_0
Is there any way to make this work? I have a grid with two grids inside of it and while I click on a grid and get the menu, on the subgrids I get an error.

Another question is this. How can I limit height of boundgriditem in the grid view mode and make it expand in edit mode? So if the column is song lyrics we only show the first line but if we click edit then the whole lyrics shows up.

Thank you.
Sebastian
Telerik team
 answered on 18 Jun 2008
3 answers
180 views
Whenever I set enableAjax="true", I see a lot of weird display issues.  Whenever the mouse is moved over a row or column, it seems to resize which results in the table looking like it's quivering.  I would really like to have ajax enabled, hopefully there is a way to do this without the quivering.

  <telerik:RadGrid ID="appsGrid" runat="server" Skin="Web20" Width="97%" Height="100%" 
                 AutoGenerateColumns=false AllowPaging=false OnDetailTableDataBind="appsGrid_DetailTableDataBind" 
                  OnNeedDataSource="appsGrid_NeedDataSource" EnableAJAX="false"> 
                   <ClientSettings> 
                     <Selecting AllowRowSelect="False" EnableDragToSelectRows=False/> 
                     <Scrolling AllowScroll="True" UseStaticHeaders="True" /> 
                   </ClientSettings> 

Konstantin Petkov
Telerik team
 answered on 18 Jun 2008
1 answer
218 views
Hi,

 I am using radcombobox with itemsrequested event. I am trying to set the enablevirtualscrolling property to ture so that itemas are loaded once the scroll reaches the end. But for some reason it says "Enablevirtualscrolling" is not a valid attribute for the element "radcombobox" .

Am i missing something here.
please advice

Thanks
Rosi
Telerik team
 answered on 18 Jun 2008
1 answer
97 views
Hi,

I am facing a strange problem with the grid. When I click on "Add New Record" link, it adds a new row to the grid. If I click on cancel, the inserted record gets cancelled. When I either click on update, that record gets updated. Along with that the cancelled insert row also appears. This is very strange. The same is the problem when click on cancel and then try sorting the grid. Any workaround for this?

Sridhar
Princy
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 18 Jun 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?