Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
4 answers
232 views
Hi, I'm looking to change the color aspect of some controls (upload, menu, window...) directly by program.
So I'm asking if there any way to change the skin parameters (color, fonts, dimensions ...) programmatically.

thank's
fforna
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 22 Jun 2008
1 answer
85 views
I recently upgraded to prometheus, and my existing code which was working broke. Previously I used to access child controls inside raddock using code below

            Label Label1 = (Label)RadDock2.FindControl("lblEvents");
            Label1.Text = "my string here";

ASP.NET code

<telerik:RadDock ID="RadDock2" runat="server" Text="Events">
<ContentTemplate>
<asp:Label ID="lblEvents" runat="server"></asp:Label>
</ContentTemplate>
</telerik:RadDock>

Now, its throwing System.NullReferenceException at Label1.Text = "my string here";

Any help appreciated.
Thanks,
ABy
Sophy
Telerik team
 answered on 22 Jun 2008
1 answer
128 views

Hi! I'm having troubles having the treeview shown rigth with different browsers.

see the image: http://img45.imageshack.us/my.php?image=radtreeviewop7.jpg

Here is the code i use to create the treeview:

  Protected Sub CreateTreeView()  
        Dim anewItem As RadTreeNode = New RadTreeNode("TESTING")  
        anewItem.Expanded = True 
        Dim aNewTreeViewItem As RadTreeNode  
        Dim aNewTreeViewChild As RadTreeNode  
        Dim aNewTreeChild As RadTreeNode  
 
        For i As Integer = 0 To 10  
            aNewTreeViewItem = New RadTreeNode("Item_" & i, i)  
            aNewTreeViewItem.ExpandedImageUrl = "TreeView\folder_open.gif" 
            aNewTreeViewItem.ImageUrl = "TreeView\folder.gif" 
 
            For j As Integer = 0 To 5  
                aNewTreeViewChild = New RadTreeNode("child_" & i & "_" & j, i & j)  
                aNewTreeViewChild.ExpandedImageUrl = "TreeView\folder_open.gif" 
                aNewTreeViewChild.ImageUrl = "TreeView\folder.gif" 
 
                For k As Integer = 0 To 10  
                    aNewTreeChild = New RadTreeNode("childs_" & k & "_")  
                    aNewTreeChild.ImageUrl = "TreeView\childs" & j + k + i & ".gif" 
 
                    Dim lbl As Label = New Label()  
                    lbl.Text = aNewTreeChild.Text  
                    aNewTreeChild.Controls.Add(New CheckBox())  
                    aNewTreeChild.Controls.Add(lbl)  
                    Dim metadata As Image = New Image()  
                    metadata.ImageUrl = "Treeview\metadata.png" 
                    aNewTreeChild.Controls.Add(metadata)  
                    aNewTreeViewChild.Nodes.Add(aNewTreeChild)  
                Next 
                aNewTreeViewItem.Nodes.Add(aNewTreeViewChild)  
            Next 
            anewItem.Nodes.Add(aNewTreeViewItem)  
        Next 
        Me.RadTreeView1.Nodes.Add(anewItem)  
    End Sub 
Can you help me with this?

darkfly
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 21 Jun 2008
2 answers
100 views
I am having a bit of a problem with the menu control when running on Firefox,  The menu works fine, but the visuals are a bit messed up.  It looks like the rignt gif of the menu item is aligning to the immediate right of the menu text, and not to the right side of the the actual menu item. 

Is there a style element that I missed somewhere that fixes this?

Thanks
Lance
Lance
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 21 Jun 2008
2 answers
151 views
Hi.
I want to set the OnResponseEnd event value on client. I test

$finde('radajaxmanager1').set_onResponseEnd('sampleFunctionName')  or
$finde('radajaxmanager1').set_OnResponseEnd('sampleFunctionName')  or
$finde('radajaxmanager1').onResponseEnd = 'sampleFunctionName';   or
$finde('radajaxmanager1').OnResponseEnd = 'sampleFunctionName';

but these scripts dosn't worked. how can I do it?
best rigards
farsica
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 21 Jun 2008
0 answers
71 views
I downloaded the trial version's radcontrols 'cause i need a treeview that works with several context menus, but i follow the steps describe at http://www.telerik.com/help/aspnet-ajax/tree_contextmenusdesign.html
Controls --> RadTreeview --> ContextMenus

i follow those steps, but i didn't write about that that namespace because would appear errors, i don't know, maybe this that example was created with VS 2003, so only i put the others steps only to get the contextmenu (appear), but anything happened. Actually in the RadContextMenu Item Builder dialog i created several menus and then i close the dialog box so i wanna try to see again those menus so i open the dialog box again and oh surprise theose ones don't appear there, but if i try to create one with the same name the next message is shown:
"There's other component with that name"

I was thinking that's 'cause the trial version
Margarita
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 20 Jun 2008
1 answer
330 views
Hi.
I am showing a RadScheduler and on dropdown selection i want to refresh it.
Also when I move to another date and using the NavigationCommand event I call the refresh routine when I take the values from the dropdownlist and pass them to my Objectdatasource, in few words something like 
Dim curLogon As Logon = WebUtils.GetLogon(Me)  
 
If Me.ddlMedicos.SelectedValue.Trim().Length > 0 Then  
 Dim arrString() As String = WebUtils.UnJoinCedula(Me.ddlMedicos.SelectedValue)  
 
  Me.RadSchedulerCita.DataSource = CitaMedicoList.List(curLogon,     
                                           Me.ddlSucursal.SelectedValue,    
                                      Me.ddlEspecialidad.SelectedValue, arrString(0),    
                                    arrString(1), Now())  
     Me.RadSchedulerCita.Rebind()  
End If  
 

But the RadScheduler does not get refresh .... :-(

Any help ?

Yamil
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 20 Jun 2008
1 answer
185 views
I looked at your demo here...

http://www.telerik.com/demos/aspnet/Grid/Examples/Programming/ViewState/DefaultCS.aspx

And managed to get most of it working locally. The paging does work for me when I click on a number but it doesn't work when I click on either of the arrows. I noticed in your demo that when you mouseover the arrows you get...

__doPostBack.....

On mine I get......

default.aspx

My number links work correctly. What am I doing wrong that the arrows don't work?

Thanks.
Craig Smith
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 20 Jun 2008
4 answers
215 views
Hi
My problem happens when I group rows in a grid, headers of columns are shown only in the first rosw of all grid and i need to show this in every group , any suggestion?
thnx in advance!
Gerardo
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 20 Jun 2008
1 answer
469 views
Hi im using RadTreeview.  I want to count the number of nodes selected in the treeview.Please tell me how to do this.

1)

Treeview1.SelectedNodes.Count == 1 (here trreview1 is id of the treeview)

2)

public int CountNodes()

{

int i;

int count = 0;

for (i = 0; i < Treeview1.Nodes.Count; i++)

{

if (Treeview1.Nodes[i].Selected == true)

{

count++;

}

}

return (count);

}

3) Also i have enabled checkboxes in treeview and had done this.

Treeview1.CheckedNodes.Count==0



But none of the above worked. Please tell me how to do this.
Kevin Babcock
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 20 Jun 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?