Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
2 answers
177 views
Hi

What is the best way to control the visibility of a RadDock object ?

  • RadDock1.Closed = True/False ?
  • RadDock1.Visible = True/False ?

I need to display and hide certain Docks at various times so which is the best way.

I have tried both methods so far but have problems persisting thier state.

My aspx ..

                    <telerik:RadDockLayout runat="server" ID="darrdlPostIts" EnableViewState="true" StoreLayoutInViewState="true">  
                        <telerik:RadDock  ID="darrdPostIt00" Title="&nbsp;" Width="190px" Top="200px" Left="550px" DefaultCommands="All" Pinned="true" DockMode="Floating" runat="server" EnableEmbeddedSkins="false" Skin="PostIt" EnableViewState="true" EnableAjaxSkinRendering="true">  
                        </telerik:RadDock>   
                        <telerik:RadDock  ID="darrdPostIt01" Title="&nbsp;" Width="190px" Top="200px" Left="550px" DefaultCommands="All" Pinned="true" DockMode="Floating" runat="server" EnableEmbeddedSkins="false" Skin="PostIt" EnableViewState="true" EnableAjaxSkinRendering="true">  
                        </telerik:RadDock>   
                        <telerik:RadDock  ID="darrdPostIt02" Title="&nbsp;" Width="190px" Top="200px" Left="550px" DefaultCommands="All" Pinned="true" DockMode="Floating" runat="server" EnableEmbeddedSkins="false" Skin="PostIt" EnableViewState="true" EnableAjaxSkinRendering="true">  
                        </telerik:RadDock>   
                        <telerik:RadDock  ID="darrdPostIt03" Title="&nbsp;" Width="190px" Top="200px" Left="550px" DefaultCommands="All" Pinned="true" DockMode="Floating" runat="server" EnableEmbeddedSkins="false" Skin="PostIt" EnableViewState="true" EnableAjaxSkinRendering="true">  
                        </telerik:RadDock>   
                        <telerik:RadDock  ID="darrdPostIt04" Title="&nbsp;" Width="190px" Top="200px" Left="550px" DefaultCommands="All" Pinned="true" DockMode="Floating" runat="server" EnableEmbeddedSkins="false" Skin="PostIt" EnableViewState="true" EnableAjaxSkinRendering="true">  
                        </telerik:RadDock>   
                    </telerik:RadDockLayout> 
 

Kind Regards

David
Petio Petkov
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Jun 2008
4 answers
449 views
Can anybody help me witht the following problem:

I have a RadTooltipManager where I dynamically on AjaxUpdate load the content of the tooltip (actually just a user control).

Now from within the tooltip content (that is the user control) I need a way, e.g. a button that will close the tooltip.

Is that possible?  If yes... how?  I don't see any Client site documentation for the RadTooltipManager :(
bemara57
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 24 Jun 2008
1 answer
135 views
I have a page with a grid A. On clicking a button in the command area of the grid A, a radwindow A is popped up with another grid B inside. Clicking a button in the command area of this new grid B, another radwindow B is popped up. After making changes, this radwindow B is then closed and try to refresh grid B. A few seconds later, grid B is refreshed. However, any keys on this radwindow A - refresh, save close and return this radwindow again cause an error of  Sys.InvalidOperationException: Handler was not added through the Sys.UI.DomEvent.addHandler method.

I am in urgent to have this problem solved. any one can help me out is much appreciated.
Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Jun 2008
4 answers
214 views
Is there any way to set the Window size based on a css class? I would like the window to resize to the div tag inside or be able to attach the CSS class to the Window to set the size. I tried the CSSClass property on the WindowManager and saw no effect.

Any advice?
Garry
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 24 Jun 2008
1 answer
114 views
Can some one please tell me how to have different colored appointments.. ( i saw some articles about css but its confusing to me )

and is it possible to add a new appointment through code..

coz my requirement is to add a new goal which spans about 6 month and note down the activities under it..

this is wat im trying to mimic.. can the schedular do this.. ? its really really urgent...

http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/1062/calendardd6.jpg

thank you

T. Tsonev
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Jun 2008
2 answers
85 views
After placing a COM control on my webpage the RadDatePicker controls stopped working.  The COM control is for using Windows ink on a tablet PC, and the code is here.  Now when clicking the calendar icon on the date picker it does nothing.  I have also tried using the RadDateInput control and the it seems that the javascript is disabled for that control as well. 
Is there any reason why these Telerik controls would not work with my COM Control?  Other Javascript on the page seems to work fine.
Quin
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 24 Jun 2008
8 answers
511 views
how can i change the title bar color in rad dock object

thanx in advance telerik team
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 24 Jun 2008
1 answer
94 views
I'm using controls to pick any date using RadDateTimePicker. Even though I select some other date other than today's, when I save my form it always saves it as today's date. I would like to know why it's doing that and is there any method where I could pick any date(other than today's date) using the RadDateTimePicker
T. Tsonev
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Jun 2008
2 answers
145 views
I have a form that is constructed programmatically. The page works fine under IE6 and FF. In IE7 any RadTextBoxes that are added with TextMode = Multiline don't show.

Examining the page as best as I can with the brain-dead IE DevToolBar suggests that when the page is rendered in IE7 there is a bit of extra CSS added to the page. Specifically, the style "visibility:hidden !important" is added.

I've get EnableEmbeddedSkins=false and a properly formatted skin file is in the correct place.

If you look at this screenshot you'll see that the style I mentioned. This is a "Style Trace" for that style item. As you can see, this is coming from a WebResource. The same code, as I've suggested, viewed in, say, FF3, looks fine.

I'm trying to work out what set of circumstances cause this to happen ('cos it doesn't if you just bung a RadTextBox on a page) but if anyone recognises this issue and wants to offer a suggestion, please do.

--
Stuart
Dan
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 24 Jun 2008
2 answers
242 views
I'm experimenting with the dynamic menus via web service, and they're pretty slick.  However, I can't figure out how to set the tooltips.  For a static menu, I can assign the ToolTip attrib on the RadMenuItem.  I don't know how to handle this for dynamic items.  I tried to add "ToolTip" to the attributes in the items returned by the web service.  This by itself didn't work, and I don't know how I can assign the tooltips from the item creating/populating JS events?

If someone has an example of tooltips on the dynamic items, it would be very much appreciated!
Greg Chung
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 24 Jun 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?